**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

Vizcaino will be a stud, I think the Braves just felt that we have so much depth he's somewhat expendable. We have Teheran in the minors, (#1 overall prospect) and Kimbrel as the closer for the forseeable future. Pitching depth we have, experience we are short on, and that's why we got Maholm and Johnson.

Looking at it from your point of view and being in the playoff hunt I would be stoked to get Maholm & Johnson for a couple of prospects. Your team has a solid farm system which has led to sustained success, something we are hoping the Cubs will get to. Maholm has put up solid numbers over the past couple of years and is on a hot streak while Johnson gives you a solid veteran 4th outfielder. Nice pieces to pick up for a playoff run. Plus keep in mind you still have Delgado who has pitched well at all levels but needs to find a way to win more games. Like you said, your cupboard is not bare.

From our point of view neither Maholm or Johnson are long term pieces. Maholm is not signed past next season and it is doubtful the Cubs will be contending next season. So taking a chance on Vizcaino and getting another solid prospect in return (Chapman) could pay us off dividends beyond next season. The bottom line is the Cubs top 20 prospects got a heck of a lot better the past 24 hours.

Looking at it from your point of view and being in the playoff hunt I would be stoked to get Maholm & Johnson for a couple of prospects. Your team has a solid farm system which has led to sustained success, something we are hoping the Cubs will get to. Maholm has put up solid numbers over the past couple of years and is on a hot streak while Johnson gives you a solid veteran 4th outfielder. Nice pieces to pick up for a playoff run. Plus keep in mind you still have Delgado who has pitched well at all levels but needs to find a way to win more games. Like you said, your cupboard is not bare.

From our point of view neither Maholm or Johnson are long term pieces. Maholm is not signed past next season and it is doubtful the Cubs will be contending next season. So taking a chance on Vizcaino and getting another solid prospect in return (Chapman) could pay us off dividends beyond next season. The bottom line is the Cubs top 20 prospects got a heck of a lot better the past 24 hours.

I agree 100%. Hope Maholm pitches the way he has been pitching the last 5 games :D

See ya, Demp! And good luck! :)

306717_475838599095100_529313565_n.jpg

The three guys that the Cubs brought up from Iowa are retreads of the worst sort. I know they are in the rebuilding mode, but you have to wonder if they feel any responsibility to present a decent product to the fans the rest of 2012.

Garza is not on the DL, nor will be passed through waivers. He wouldn't make it through before being claimed.

Garza's best chance of being dealt will be this offseason, probably during the winter meetings. He will still be highly coveted then.

Wellington Castillo is hardly a retread.

Coleman and Cardenas, yes. But not Castillo. This is what happens when moves are made, guys are going to get called up to see what they have. Except Coleman, he is just an arm.

Vitters will more than likely be up in a few weeks, as will Jackson more than likely. It's going to be a long rest of the year, may as well evaluate and see what you have. Cubs fans are going to have to be show a little trust for once in the front office and be patient.

I've seen nothing special about Castillo so far. I think he is a less than average receiver and barely hits his weight at this level.

I understand what you're saying about being patient, but this long time Cubs fan has been patient for a long time through dozens of rebuilding projects.

Last edited:
The Rangers were a horrible franchise not long ago. Now they appear to be a contender for years to come. They have a fantastic farm system. Something I hope the Cubs can replicate. Cubs are missing a solid 3rd base. The rest of the in field is set. Need pitching and some out field bats.

I've seen nothing special about Castillo so far. I think he is a less than average receiver and barely hits his weight at this level.

I understand what you're saying about being patient, but this long time Cubs fan has been patient for a long time through dozens of rebuilding projects.

There is way to small of a sample size on Castillo to make this conclusion.

Barney just got beaned! I think he's probably OK, but they are pulling him for precautionary reasons.

Hopefully this will shake up Brunette some. Cubs haven't been no hit for 40 odd years.

I wonder what the record for hits and runs scored before being no hit by the team you just crushed the night before is...14 Hits and 14 Runs has to be damn close!?!?

Latest posts