**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

This just reaffirms the fact that before the season started, we all knew this process was going to be long and hard to watch, yet many are already getting their panties in a bunch because they are awful.
Yep. Theo has a 5 year contract (I think). He will use as much time as he can to make this turnaround not be a short one (cross fingers). It's going to hurt to watch, but, hey, they are the Cubs. :)

Patience ... Jackson is not mentioned in the article. He does need to work on plate discipline.

Chicago Cubs: Don't look for immediate help; it isn't on the way for Chicago Cubs - chicagotribune.com

Good article and supports my statement a few days ago that I bet the management is not all that disappointed in the recent losing streak. The last thing they wanted was for the Cubs to show signs of life and get the fan base in a frenzy wanting them to be buyers at the trade deadline.

For the long term success of this franchise, enjoy the cheap tickets, and watch the games to look for progress the team & players are making. Don't watch hoping the Cubs will get on some hot streak and win 10 in a row.

The good news is the over confident Cardinals fans that were saying their team was going to easily win the division just fell to 2nd place behind the Red. Right e11en? ;)

Good article and supports my statement a few days ago that I bet the management is not all that disappointed in the recent losing streak. The last thing they wanted was for the Cubs to show signs of life and get the fan base in a frenzy wanting them to be buyers at the trade deadline.

For the long term success of this franchise, enjoy the cheap tickets, and watch the games to look for progress the team & players are making. Don't watch hoping the Cubs will get on some hot streak and win 10 in a row.

The good news is the over confident Cardinals fans that were saying their team was going to easily win the division just fell to 2nd place behind the Red. Right e11en? ;)
I hope the Reds sweep us for the rest of the season. Just sayin

i saw a stat that castro has more errors than walks right now. wow for a guy everyone seems to think is the next great i wouldnt expect that.

Actually it was double the amount of errors than walks. Earlier in the week when I heard the stat, it was 8 errors and 4 walks.

Another good outing (so far) by Dempster, but the Cubs still trail Pittsburgh 1-0 after 7 innings. :(

Well, Rizzo was pulled out of the I-Cubs game tonight in the 6th. He went straight to the clubhouse with no word of injury.

edit: nevermind, it was for injury precaution

Last edited:
The Padres came in with 18 total HR's for the year. It's the fourth inning and they have already added three more. Yes, the wind is blowing out, but my point is that just like the Pirates in the last series, everyone gets well against this Cub team.

Cubs up 10-7 (edit - 2 run HR by Castro) in the 7th inning. This guy sang the 7th Inning Stretch. :)

0.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts