OFFICIAL 2019 CHICAGO CUBS THREAD!!!!

Juan Soto comes up big AGAIN! Against pitching that has been shutting everyone else down.

Soto is turning this 2019 postseason into his personal showcase. One clutch hit after another, several with the Nats staring at possible elimination.

He is reminding me of 2010 Patrick Kane and this team is reminding me of the 2010 Black Hawks. Remember, this kid is 20 years old. Most kids his age are sophomores in college or playing low A ball. This kid is toying with the best seasoned veterans baseball has to offer.

This is not a guarantee that he will turn into Albert Pujols in his prime, or Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, or Christian Yelich. But again, the kid isn't old enough to legally consume alcohol.

The key now will be how he adjusts when the pitchers make theirs. Pitchers have learned to go hard inside on Kris Bryant, or up the ladder, and Bryant will exaserbate temporary failure by chasing.

Bryant will be 28 next year. He is what he is. He's Tim Wallach, maybe Scott Rolen. But Soto, wow! Sky could be the limit for this kid.

Very talented young man, Soto. Great start to the series. Ok, I'm hearing Ross or Joe Espada from the Astros as the next skipper for Chicago. Which? Probably Rossy

Very talented young man, Soto. Great start to the series. Ok, I'm hearing Ross or Joe Espada from the Astros as the next skipper for Chicago. Which? Probably Rossy
Wouldn't they have named Ross by now if he was the guy?

Now that the series has started no managerial hirings can be announced for any teams until the series is over.

Now that the series has started no managerial hirings can be announced for any teams until the series is over.

That was my original thought as well until I read several articles posted yesterday that said Ross also just recently had a 2nd interview. This was believed to take place after Espada's 2nd interview so who knows which is the actual leader. If it's Ross we should know soon I would think.

Chicago interviewed Espada twice before the WS started according to what I read. I think Rossy has interviewd twice also. According to Theo, "he's in no rush", whatever that means.

So, Mike Matheny 2.0 it is
Ross has the respect of the two most important players on the team, Anthony Rizzo and Javier Baez.

If this doesn't work I can't see it happening because the players walked over Ross like the Arch Heads, Yadier in particular, did Matheny.

Gonna be an interesting offseason for sure. A lot of holes to fill and we have a large payroll already.
From my perspective we need a 2B (maybe they think Hoerner is ready), a CF, a leadoff man preferably, a couple starting pitchers and bullpen help including a fallback if Kimbrel sucks/or hurt.

Gonna be an interesting offseason for sure. A lot of holes to fill and we have a large payroll already.
From my perspective we need a 2B (maybe they think Hoerner is ready), a CF, a leadoff man preferably, a couple starting pitchers and bullpen help including a fallback if Kimbrel sucks/or hurt.

I believe they think Hoerner is going to take over 2nd. base. Cubs haven't been having very good luck with closers staying healthy so having a fall back would be very nice. I don't think the Cubs will bring in a lead off man and find one within. Anybody know anything about Castellanos?

I believe they think Hoerner is going to take over 2nd. base. Cubs haven't been having very good luck with closers staying healthy so having a fall back would be very nice. I don't think the Cubs will bring in a lead off man and find one within. Anybody know anything about Castellanos?

Castellanos was good for us, but man that would mean we move Heyward to RF (unless we move Schwarb). I really want to keep him in RF where he is a Gold Glover and game changer. In CF he is just average.

Castellanos was good for us, but man that would mean we move Heyward to RF (unless we move Schwarb). I really want to keep him in RF where he is a Gold Glover and game changer. In CF he is just average.

I'm thinking Cubs will move Schwarb in a trade for some pitching maybe?

I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibilities. I think good pitching might be hard to find though, everyone wants it. Need to develop some of our own for a change.[/

My dad and I were just talking about that last night. Great point. I can't believe we don't have a rising "Mark Prior" or "Kerry Wood" type of player in our system.

Cubs let go of Phelps, Morrow, Holland, Graveman, Barnette and sent Webster to AAA Iowa. They did pick up Q's option. That's 6 pitchers gone so it'll be interesting who they bring in or who steps up from the home grown variety. Cubs did pick up Rizzo's option also. I'm getting the feeling Castellanos isn't going to be a Cub.

Cubs let go of Phelps, Morrow, Holland, Graveman, Barnette and sent Webster to AAA Iowa. They did pick up Q's option. That's 6 pitchers gone so it'll be interesting who they bring in or who steps up from the home grown variety. Cubs did pick up Rizzo's option also. I'm getting the feeling Castellanos isn't going to be a Cub.

I like Castellanos, but I just don't know if he is really the main need for this team right now. we need a CF or leadoff type guy worse. Also pitching.