Nunge is Needed

NikeHawk21

Tonight is a perfect example. When Garza isn’t in an offensive rhythm and the game is moving at a fast pace his lack of foot speed can get exposed in a hurry. Kriener basically in the same boat.

Nunge has the footspeed and size to give you defensive versatility at the forward spot. He can also knock down shots from the outside.

I’m not saying he would have changed the outcome of this game, but he is a different type of big that on certain nights we need. He is a better player than Kriener, in my opinion that’s pretty cut and dry.

I still wonder if we hear of him transferring at the end of the semester.
Nunge is one of the few players we have with a skill set that can stand out at this level. I actually think he would have been our best defensive big and potentially our fourth best player.

Wouldnt have mattered. Nunge needs to develoo more. Nunge wouldnt have made a difference or had positive stats compared to deficiencies tonight.

With Garza getting in foul trouble every game now we need another big, Kreiner is big lite.

Wouldnt have mattered. Nunge needs to develoo more. Nunge wouldnt have made a difference or had positive stats compared to deficiencies tonight.
I understand he wouldn’t have changed the outcome tonight. He is a better option in my estimation than Kriener and it should be all hands on deck to get back to the dance. Nunge was 2nd in blocks (1st in block%), 4th in steals, and 4th in PER last year. We could have used him this year.

Nunge is not the answer, and he certainly isn’t the answer for this years team.
Not tonight. However he would make this team better in my opinion. Again according to PER he was the fourth best player on last years team and that was even while Fran played him out of position. It should be all hands on deck to get back to the dance. He’s a big who can move his feet, on this team that’s huge.

Not tonight. However he would make this team better in my opinion. Again according to PER he was the fourth best player on last years team and that was even while Fran played him out of position. It should be all hands on deck to get back to the dance. He’s a big who can move his feet, on this team that’s huge.

I dont know, he looked pretty darn slow last year and he looked like the slowest guy on the court in the exhibition. I still have hope that he's a late bloomer with a high ceiling.

I dont know, he looked pretty darn slow last year and he looked like the slowest guy on the court in the exhibition. I still have hope that he's a late bloomer with a high ceiling.
He was slow at the 3. Listen to the other players talk about him. The bigs last year raved about how well he moves at his height.

He was slow at the 3. Listen to the other players talk about him. The bigs last year raved about how well he moves at his height.

I'm not talking about watching him play man against guards. Of course he's slow there. He just looks slow with everything he does. Very much like Uthoff early in his career. Slow and clumsy. A redshirt is great for him. It could set us up really well in the future.....or he could suck forever. Who knows.

I'm not talking about watching him play man against guards. Of course he's slow there. He just looks slow with everything he does. Very much like Uthoff early in his career. Slow and clumsy. A redshirt is great for him. It could set us up really well in the future.....or he could suck forever. Who knows.
If you’re hung up on how he played in the exhibition game remember how poorly Connor played. Also he probably knew he was shutting his season down at that point.

For a guy who is 6’11 he moves his feet much better than Garza and Kriener. On a night like tonight when the opponent is exposing how slow Kriener and Garza are, Nunge would have been an upgrade.

If you’re hung up on how he played in the exhibition game remember how poorly Connor played. Also he probably knew he was shutting his season down at that point.

For a guy who is 6’11 he moves his feet much better than Garza and Kriener. On a night like tonight when the opponent is exposing how slow Kriener and Garza are, Nunge would have been an upgrade.

I wasnt hung up on how he played. I was hung up on how he looked. You're right tho, it's possible he was going through the motions because he knew he wasnt playing this year.

I wasnt hung up on how he played. I was hung up on how he looked. You're right tho, it's possible he was going through the motions because he knew he wasnt playing this year.
He can move his feet faster than Garza and Kriener. He can play the 4 and 5 effectively in my opinion. I’m not sure where the season will end up but I do think he can help us.

I'm thinking he's keeping his options open, especially if this dumpster fire of a program doesn't make a deep run this year...

in the NIT.

So Nunge is going to sit out a season to redshirt, then transfer and sit out again? Let’s use some logic here. It may just be that most of these basketball players are more loyal to the program than some of it’s fans???

Last year the threads about Nunge were summed by, “he is an average mid major talent.” Just sayin’

Last year the threads about Nunge were summed by, “he is an average mid major talent.” Just sayin’
Fran played him out of position. People forget that early in the season he actually started 4 games alongside Cook in his natural position which included road games at ISU and at Va Tech. He put up really good numbers in those four starts.

As the season wore on Fran tried to jam him in at the 3 and wanted him to cover guards in man defense when Jack is 6’11.

Again check the stats. 4th in PER, 2nd in blocks, 4th in steals, 3rd in Box +/-, 5th in 3s made. Not bad for a 6’11 guy Fran was playing on the wing.