North Endzone Construction

And now that they’ve done the north end zone....have to re-do the south end zone. Both done like the north though would look really really good....

They should be able to shut it down temporarily during those times as well as during games. Maybe the hospital can put one up and call it the kid cam.
I'm with ya. Maybe it could be that a new contractor objected to it.

We had a company come in where I work to install two huge new laser tables. We were filming work station time studies at the time with go pros mounted on forklifts and the walls, and they told us they don't allow their employees being recorded. Who knows...just thinking out loud.

I'm with ya. Maybe it could be that a new contractor objected to it.

We had a company come in where I work to install two huge new laser tables. We were filming work station time studies at the time with go pros mounted on forklifts and the walls, and they told us they don't allow their employees being recorded. Who knows...just thinking out loud.

Always a possibility, I've been in similar situations. Companies want to protect their proprietary processes as well as employee privacy. These cams usually shut down when the project is 90% done. (this one isn't quite there, but most of the remaining work can't be seen by the cam, it's inside the structure)

Maybe this is why they've neglected to upgrade WiFi/cell service. Get seats under one of the scoreboards and stream the game.
I don't know about everyone else, but up until this past season once the crowd got rolling in the stadium before the game I couldn't get a call or text out until we were getting on the train to leave. Last year I had no problem. It was so much of a difference that I figured they upgraded the service there.

it’s very steep

Steep stadiums and booze DO NOT MIX. I have only been to Arrowhead once but we sat up in the corner and even though I was only like 17 or 18 and not drinking I got massive vertigo and damned near fell. My old man's buddy said that drunk guys fell up there all the time because if you mix a lot of booze with just a little bit of vertigo you're gonna fall.

Steep stadiums and booze DO NOT MIX. I have only been to Arrowhead once but we sat up in the corner and even though I was only like 17 or 18 and not drinking I got massive vertigo and damned near fell. My old man's buddy said that drunk guys fell up there all the time because if you mix a lot of booze with just a little bit of vertigo you're gonna fall.
Stadiums are only going to get steeper and steeper. I actually like it because I don't mind sitting high up if I'm closer to the field. The other reason I like it is because I'm 6'1" and my feet or shins never hit the seat (or someone's back), it's my knees. Heights don't mess with my equilibrium so If I get more legroom because the seat back in front of me is at my ankles, I'm all for it.

And our stadium ain't nothing. Check out the steepness of the upper decks if you go to the Huskies stadium.

t-15-washington_pg_600.jpg

Husky-Stadium-Section-333-Row-15-on-11-22-2014f.jpg

Yes- arrowhead was exactly what I was thinking of. Was down there for the dumb ketchup and mustard game against FSU that Ronald still complains about, and the one thing I remember about the stadium is that I felt like I was gonna fall forward the whole time. Not nice at all. Also, if you’ve ever been to the upper level at Wells in Des Moines, same thing. Do not like at all. Cool looking, uncomfortable feeling. So...solution is never set there, just enjoy how it looks.

Because I am up in years and my balance is not what it used to be, steep stadiums are places I have to stay away from. My seats in the south endzone in the 26th row (under the scoreboard) are equipped with railings in the center of the aisles, and I use them. I have been in some away stadiums that are fairly steep and there are no railings. I have had to ask ushers for alternative seats so that I don't have to climb up and down more than a couple of rows. Frankly, in this day and age, I cannot believe that railings are not required by law in these venues. I know some here complain about the wide aisles in Carver-Hawkeye, but I have to walk down 26 rows to get to my seat and without the railing it would be a real adventure.

The comment made above about feeling like you could fall forward out of your seat reminds me of the horrid old dome in Minneapolis. Younger then, and still uncomfortable.

I remember when the student section was in that North end zone, above and to the left of where the band used to sit. Botas, body passing, the scramble section (a big dogpile in the bleachers after every score) those were great times. When Harbaugh kept complaining about crowd noise in 1985 he was going toward that North end zone every time. The students were just beyond the end line.

Another venue with a steep upper level is the soon to be replaced Milwaukee Bradley Center. I've been to a couple Bucks games there. Iowa played Marquette there about three years ago.

Has anybody heard anything definitive about when the new videoboard will be installed? It is going to look very odd to not have it for opening day.

Does anyone know if the north endzone has standing room at the very top like the old one did? It had an isle behind the last row of seats. I can't tell for sure in the pics I've seen.

Anyone seen any pictures from outside the stadium looking south? I want to see what the Northern outside part looks like - from the architectural drawings it looked pretty sick from what I remember

Does anyone know if the north endzone has standing room at the very top like the old one did? It had an isle behind the last row of seats. I can't tell for sure in the pics I've seen.

It looks like might be a little gap but not sure if enough room to stand behind your seat or not. Stand on your seat yeah for sure. I zoomed in a photo I took from Saturday up in press box and looks like a small gap between seat and wall.

Latest posts