NORM! Chant: Officially Embraced by Iowa

So is it going to be a tempo thing like someone posted in a previous thread. Norm starts slow and gains speed and finally all out noise? This seems to make the most sense.

No body thought the black and gold sections would be pulled off either.I'll be there yelling Norm on first down.

You can't do it on every 1st down play. It will then lose steam & become insignificant by the end of the game.

3rd down is perfect for a stop then followed by the Hawk chop on 4th down.

This has fail written all over it.

Facebook group with over 6,000 people along with thousands of message board readers from the last 3 days have all been told 3rd down.

University sends an email to season ticket holders saying 1st down.

FAIL

What a pessimist. Just hearing about it should get the defense pumped up, and if the defense hears even one person chanting it, it should do it's purpose.

I'm sure it's ALREADY done it's purpose as far as recognizing how much we respect and miss Norm.

They've read the 3rd down SID release on every local radio show I've listened to this week. On both 1460 and 1700 so...we shall see.
I don't think there was an SID release on the 3rd downs, the only SID release that I saw was this recent one for 1st down.

Since 1st down comes before 3rd down, people will hear it then and figure it out.

(You're welcome. No extra charge for this wisdom. God Bless America, and Norm.)

Why is it that every time something like this gets organized (Blackout, gold rush, alternating black and gold) most of the people are on here blabbering that there is no way it will work? Just do your part and trust your fellow Hawkeyes and it works beautifully every time.

They want it on 1st down, they didnt screw up.
The UI is trying to change it because doing it on 3rd down is a bad idea. The object on 3rd is to get it LOUD as possible. Continuous yelling is the best thing to do on 3rd downs.

It would be much better to simply yell "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrm..."

The absolute best thing to do on 3rd downs is to yell:

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." as loud as you can and continuously from the time the QB walks to the LOS until the ball is snapped. The "Ah" sound is the loudest sound a human can project. That's what I do on 3rd downs (even when watching the game on TV).

Stand up tall and experiment with this RIGHT NOW; people will think you're crazy. Try all the vowel sounds - it'll be fun!

This has fail written all over it.

Facebook group with over 6,000 people along with thousands of message board readers from the last 3 days have all been told 3rd down.

University sends an email to season ticket holders saying 1st down.

FAIL

This isn't rocket science folks. I am sure people will catch on ...

The UI is trying to change it because doing it on 3rd down is a bad idea. The object on 3rd is to get it LOUD as possible. Continuous yelling is the best thing to do on 3rd downs.

It would be much better to simply yell "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrm..."

The absolute best thing to do on 3rd downs is to yell:

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." as loud as you can and continuously from the time the QB walks to the LOS until the ball is snapped. The "Ah" sound is the loudest sound a human can project. That's what I do on 3rd downs (even when watching the game on TV).

Stand up tall and experiment with this RIGHT NOW; people will think you're crazy. Try all the vowel sounds - it'll be fun!

Can I tell this to the couple that sits in front of me? I'm pretty sure I've given them a few headaches this season.

Can I tell this to the couple that sits in front of me? I'm pretty sure I've given them a few headaches this season.
Well done. You're welcome to sit behind me any time. Together, we'll burst their eardrums.

Latest posts