Noah Fant 'Officially' NFL Bound / No Bowl Game

Really? Cause that's what I read. Thanks for clearing that up. My mistake. ;)

I'm not making the argument that they shouldn't have had him on the field more than they did. I'm just saying that I don't think they Hawks stunted his growth. You could say that maybe he would be a better prospect had he chosen another school but I doubt there are many schools where that would be the case (if any). That's my point.

Does anyone have any specific examples of where Noah's blocking was a liability?
I'm tired of hearing about that.
Show me an example of where Noah blew a block.

One that comes to mind immediately is a play from either Nebby or Illinois. I think Illinois but not 100%. He was supposed to kick out the end. Whiffed. The end made the TFL. The play was near midfield. Between the 40s. That's one blatant example from a recent game.

If you think Kirk would rather play inferior players and risk losing the game, I won't argue with that. He either knew Fant was the better player and chose not to play him out of petty spite, or he believed a better blocker gave us a better chance of winning. I can't get it Kirk's head so I can't logically argue that with anybody.

Wow! Noah's tweet/announcement was a hell of a lot more professional and grateful than Kirk's petty comment. Believe it or not, some people still think Kirk doesn't hold grudges against players. :rolleyes:

JFC, why are you deliberately reading more than is there into this? KF simply said he is disappointed they won't have him for the bowl game. Who isn't? It doesn't mean the whole football complex has blown up. People wish him well. But you always wish you could have your best players available.

JFC, why are you deliberately reading more than is there into this? KF simply said he is disappointed they won't have him for the bowl game. Who isn't? It doesn't mean the whole football complex has blown up. People wish him well. But you always wish you could have your best players available.
You are definitely a naive one.

No, you selectively read what I wrote, I am no Stanley fan. I am arguing that Hockenson was the better TE, and if we had to lose one....let it be Fant. Not getting Fant the ball, not getting the WRs' the ball....there were receivers wide open all over the middle of the field in the NW game. The noise about not getting Fant the ball could be applied to any of the receivers, and had Fant been targeted at a critical time, he probably would have dropped it any way.

That's not fair. Yes, he had some drops, but he also had some incredible plays in his career.

The boss man was never all-in on him, either.

To think any players are expected to come in here and go into total submission mode when they aren't getting a fair shake is dumb. Like it or not it's a two-way street and I doubt highly whether any of his teammates would feel like he's quitting on them. It's the goddamn Rubber Ducky Bowl presented by Dentu Creme for god's sake, not the Cotton Bowl. Stop acting like he's Tom Brady saying he won't play in the Super Bowl.

I guarantee you most if not all of those guys would do the same thing if they were projected first round.

We just have different opinions on this. No biggie. I look at this move as quitting on his team. You don't. It's all good. There are guys busting their balls over the next few weeks to finish what they started. He is not joining them. When you sign to play for a coach, you know the program and yes, you are submitting to them in a sense. You don't go there (especially Iowa) and think you're calling the shots.

You are definitely a naive one.

And you are definitely so hopelessly biased and anti-KF, it's made you stupid. OK, maybe you were stupid from the get-go, but still, WTF? Do I need to threaten to kick your ass again? I got Billy Ray on speed-dial for my chain-belt and kung fu grip.

J/K, tk. But I do think you're reading more into it than is actually there. Is there some "resentment" on the part of KF? Probably. The "trend" of guys skipping bowl games has now spread to the U of I. That can't be "fun" for a coach to deal with, and it will only get more prevalent. But I seriously doubt KF is going to hold a grudge, and I seriously doubt this was a shock to KF.

You know what. F Fant. Total Husker move to announce this way before it was neccessary. No way that this wasn't a F you to the coaches. It's pretty sad that it might actually hurt his teammates by impacting our bowl slot. I haven't blamed Fant for any of this until now. I get looking out for yourself and I get skipping the bowl game, but there is no excuse for the early announcement. Fant will be the first Hawkeye drafted in 15 years that I will not be buying their jersey. I'm so over the name Fant.
Get over yourself. Maybe Fant feels like the coaching staff f^&*ed him over and now he's returning the favor.
The early announcement has zero effect on the Bowl slot.
The risks of an injury in a meaningless Bowl game far outweigh any reward for playing in it. Let him announce it how and when he wants to.

So, are you saying Kirk lied or was he telling the truth?

What my post stated was that I don't know if Kirk was being genuine or not. He may have been speaking what he felt was true. He may have been saying what's probably the best thing to say publicly as a coach. I don't know. The point is that as a public figure, you often say things you may not truly believe about somebody because to say otherwise seems small.

Have you ever complimented someone but didn't really mean it? Or failed to be completely, brutally honest? Ever? If no, wow. If yes, why did you fail to be completely honest?

And you are definitely so hopelessly biased and anti-KF, it's made you stupid. OK, maybe you were stupid from the get-go, but still, WTF? Do I need to threaten to kick your ass again? I got Billy Ray on speed-dial for my chain-belt and kung fu grip.

J/K, tk. But I do think you're reading more into it than is actually there. Is there some "resentment" on the part of KF? Probably. The "trend" of guys skipping bowl games has now spread to the U of I. That can't be "fun" for a coach to deal with, and it will only get more prevalent. But I seriously doubt KF is going to hold a grudge, and I seriously doubt this was a shock to KF.
Uh ok. Thanks for agreeing with me sort of. :)

We just have different opinions on this. No biggie. I look at this move as quitting on his team. You don't. It's all good. There are guys busting their balls over the next few weeks to finish what they started. He is not joining them. When you sign to play for a coach, you know the program and yes, you are submitting to them in a sense. You don't go there (especially Iowa) and think you're calling the shots.

One could cite Wadley, but even that is a bit different, as the game was pretty much in his backyard, so he would have been disappointing a bunch of friends and family.

If the Hawks were playing Saturday, with a "sure thing" chance of playing a NY6 bowl, that's one thing. But there is zero for Noah Fant to prove in the Holiday Bowl or Redbox Bowl or Famous Shoes Worn By Former Vegas Entertainers Bowl.

Yup again I totally expected Fant to skip the bowl and I support the idea. It's a rather meaningless game that he will be used sparsely in. My problem is the timing of the announcement.

Timing? Better to know now versus finding out two weeks from now. I just hope this doesn't cause the Redbox Bowl to pass on us!

What my post stated was that I don't know if Kirk was being genuine or not. He may have been speaking what he felt was true. He may have been saying what's probably the best thing to say publicly as a coach. I don't know. The point is that as a public figure, you often say things you may not truly believe about somebody because to say otherwise seems small.

Have you ever complimented someone but didn't really mean it? Or failed to be completely, brutally honest? Ever? If no, wow. If yes, why did you fail to be completely honest?
Sounds like you think Kirk lied. You know that's blasphemy, right?

Does anyone have any specific examples of where Noah's blocking was a liability?
I'm tired of hearing about that.
Show me an example of where Noah blew a block.
I'm a fan of Noah Fant and I've seen him miss blocks or block poorly. That happens to the best of them. I've seen him drop a handful of passes in 3 seasons too. Doesn't mean he has stone hands.

You know what. F Fant. Total Husker move to announce this way before it was neccessary. No way that this wasn't a F you to the coaches. It's pretty sad that it might actually hurt his teammates by impacting our bowl slot. I haven't blamed Fant for any of this until now. I get looking out for yourself and I get skipping the bowl game, but there is no excuse for the early announcement. Fant will be the first Hawkeye drafted in 15 years that I will not be buying their jersey. I'm so over the name Fant.

If you were to have added a line like "and he's from Nebraska, so he was never really an Iowa player in his heart." I remember when Roger Craig fumbled at a crucial time and they lost a game, and I guess a bunch of Nebraska fans were calling him out for being from Iowa...like he did it on purpose. Just brought back memories.

I'm a fan of Noah Fant and I've seen him miss blocks or block poorly. That happens to the best of them. I've seen him drop a handful of passes in 3 seasons too. Doesn't mean he has stone hands.
We've seen Hockenson miss blocks as well. Hock is a better blocker than Fant, but people are overstating Fant's lack of blocking ability. He should've been playing in the slot anyway, whatever.

Lol great examples Captain Specific.
Pretty sure it isn't a stat listed by game, do you recall every play? Good for you. Or are you saying that Fant was NOT prone to drop passes at critical times? He made some great plays, but he did not have great hands.

Latest posts