Noah Fant 'Officially' NFL Bound / No Bowl Game

Now that is evidence! Great job!! 2 more to go. Taking you a long time considering they were on the top of your head.

Also a little loose with the word “critical” as this was the 1st drive of the 1st game. But I’ll allow it as you are struggling so much..

What a tool. What do you want? It was a home game his freshman year, in the north endzone, a day game, there was a south breeze at approximately 5 mph, I was drinking a coke, Ferentz was on the sidelines chewing gum.... "Off the top of my head" must mean something different to you than to me. It was in the north endzone, he was a freshman, he dropped the fucking ball.

Last edited:
Not a popular reply, but the fact that he is skipping the bowl game proves he was never ALL IN with the team first philosophy. He was a great receiving tight end, never an above average blocker. In fact, he completely whiffed more than a few times, leading to TFL. TJ is flat out a better overall tight end. His emergence took reps away.

He also had the concussion, which took away a half and then I think limited snaps the following week.

He is a great weapon. I wish Stanley would've thrown more passes his way. Or been more accurate. I wish we would've thrown a fade to him inside the 5 yard line. I wish a lot of things that didn't happen. Ultimately, to me this is a selfish move, hurting the chances of victory for the guys he's been sweating with for years. Again, I know the old-school "team over me" approach isn't popular any more, but I will remember him as much for quitting on his teammates than for his amazing talent at catching the football.

Best of luck, Noah. Here's hoping to many TDs in the NFL.
Perfectly said.

Here comes my two cents...

Trying to see it from a players point of view. It's a meaningless game and I can see how preparing to become a professional is more important to his future than a meaningless game. If I was a teammate I'd support him while wanting him on the field to finish the season and his career, whether exhibition game or not.

As a fan (and totally my opinion) I think he's selfish and letting down his teammates and anyone who stood up for him about the playing time situation. If he truly is doing this to spite the staff for how he was under utilized I see it being somewhat hypocritical to quit now and voluntarily take yourself out of the equation.

I'll always remember him as a tremendous talent and look forward to watching him on Sunday's, but as a fan I'm disappointed how it ended. What I think is totally irrelevant, in the grand scheme of things, but I feel like he's letting his teammates and a lot of the fans down as well.

Edit: I'll add that as someone who played in college, but never had a chance in hell at making a career out of it, there is no way I'd ever turn down an opportunity to play one last game with my teammates at either the high school or collegiate level. They meant to much to me and I was too much of a competitor to even ponder the idea of passing on an opportunity to play one more game.

Last edited:
If they were truly petty, and he plans on finishing December in school, I wonder if they can deduct from his scholarship as to when he quit the team.

Didn't say I was. So I can't have something bug me or have an opinion. Sorry for wanting to hold young men

Didn't say that I was. What, can't I have something that bugs me or an opinion? God forbid anybody hold any young men accountable anymore for what the commit to.

You might want to edit this post.

I didn't read all of this thread, so I apologize if some of this has been posted previously.

Personally, I'm okay with Fant's decision. Professional sports is a cut-throat business, and the majority of the time you only get one good chance to cash in.

The question I would ask is, who's being more selfish, Noah Fant or the fans blasting him for skipping the bowl game?

I guess it would a more understandable reaction if Iowa was playing in the CFB playoffs, or Fant was projected as a 5th round pick. But, for a player projected to go in the first 40 picks playing in a mid-level bowl, the decision to play it safe makes sense.

That said, I do hope that he takes the high road and resists the temptation to bash the coaches and program. I'm as perplexed as anyone regarding his lack of PT at times, but, the bottom line is that this program has put him in a position to be a multi-millionaire before he's 25. Hopefully, he gets it.

I didn't read all of this thread, so I apologize if some of this has been posted previously.

Personally, I'm okay with Fant's decision. Professional sports is a cut-throat business, and the majority of the time you only get one good chance to cash in.

The question I would ask is, who's being more selfish, Noah Fant or the fans blasting him for skipping the bowl game?

I guess it would a more understandable reaction if Iowa was playing in the CFB playoffs, or Fant was projected as a 5th round pick. But, for a player projected to go in the first 40 picks playing in a mid-level bowl, the decision to play it safe makes sense.

That said, I do hope that he takes the high road and resists the temptation to bash the coaches and program. I'm as perplexed as anyone regarding his lack of PT at times, but, the bottom line is that this program has put him in a position to be a multi-millionaire before he's 25. Hopefully, he gets it.

Ha, fans for sure. What are the stakes for fans, Iowa wins some mid tier bowl game? Stakes for Fant are the possible loss of millions of dollars if he gets injured at any time between now and the game. Injuries happen in practice in practice too, so it’s not just 4 qtrs of ball.

He’s restrained from putting the program in a bad light thus far. Not sure I see any reason for that to change.

I wonder if this will have any bearing on what bowl takes us.....star player not playing. Perhaps he should have waited til Sunday night.

I could care less that he is leaving, I certainly can’t say that I wouldn’t have done the same. I’m just pissed that I have to watch Northwestern playing in the Championship partly because we didn’t use the guy like any other team would have.

Personally I'm not mad he is skipping the bowl game. I believe in his right to chase that pay day. I'm not mad at anything other than the fact that he made the announcement 3 weeks before the usual timeline. He said he would wait for the advisory committee, that was clearly not true. That doesn't really bother me either. Coaches pull that shit all the time. "I'm staying" 2 days later accepting another job. Again the main problem is Fant purposely and intentionally made this announcement as soon as possible to flip off the coaches and at the same time has potentially hurt his teammates. He should have waited until the bowl games were selected like most respectful players do. We are talking about an extra 6 days. But no, he wanted to stick it to Iowa...so F him.