Noah Fant 'Officially' NFL Bound / No Bowl Game

so I assume that means no exhibition...errrr bowl...game?

Safe to assume. My guess is guys who declare early like that don't want to take finals and now they don't have to keep up the charade of going to school. So no bowl game. After what happened to Thorson in last year's game against Kentucky, I can't say I blame them.

I'm sure the creative Iowa coaching staff will be able to make up for a huge part of their offense not being around for the bowl game.

Oh, who am I kidding. Unknown opponent favored by a billion.

I said no bowl game.

tenor.gif

Ferentz should never be left off the hook for the way he treated this kid...and the Hawkeye football program.

One of my good buddies is the hugest Hawkeye fan I know. Hits the bowl games, couple road games a year, drives back to IC from Chicago almost every week, etc. He was on the flight back with Noah's family after the bowl game Noah's freshman year and he actually apologized to them on behalf of the program for Noah's lack of reps in the bowl game. He knew Noah was gonna be a helluva baller. He said the family was nice, but were basically like "dude, if a casual fan can see how good he is, what in the ever living fvck is wrong with the coaching staff?" My guess is they aren't going to be the best ambassadors for the program going forward, but if Noah gets drafted high and makes a lot of money, that money can smooth over the wound pretty well.

One of my good buddies is the hugest Hawkeye fan I know. Hits the bowl games, couple road games a year, drives back to IC from Chicago almost every week, etc. He was on the flight back with Noah's family after the bowl game Noah's freshman year and he actually apologized to them on behalf of the program for Noah's lack of reps in the bowl game. He knew Noah was gonna be a helluva baller. He said the family was nice, but were basically like "dude, if a casual fan can see how good he is, what in the ever living fvck is wrong with the coaching staff?" My guess is they aren't going to be the best ambassadors for the program going forward, but if Noah gets drafted high and makes a lot of money, that money can smooth over the wound pretty well.

Cool story bro.

Ferentz should never be let off the hook for the way he treated this kid...and the Hawkeye football program.

Oh please. The coaching staff is inept offensively, but they weren’t trying to sabotage the guy or purposely not use him. And he’s still going to be a likely first round draft pick so it’s safe to say his future wasn’t harmed by his lack of use this season.

Oh please. The coaching staff is inept offensively, but they weren’t trying to sabotage the guy or purposely not use him. And he’s still going to be a likely first round draft pick so it’s safe to say his future wasn’t harmed by his lack of use this season.

Exactly. Say he went to a school that doesn't have the TE history that Iowa has, who's to say he even gets drafted let alone in a position to leave early. I wouldn't exactly say Iowa has stunted his development.

Latest posts