NO MORE WEGHER THREADS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NO MORE WEGHER THREADS

Again, I understand why some are upset. Most people were not posting things that were bad. Some were, and those spiraled out of control, until the speculation was unacceptable.

If people wish to discuss how the team would be impacted if Wegher were not on the field right away, given the momentum surrounding the fact that he has not been practicing the last few days, that is one thing. Going any farther than that, and getting into matters of a personal nature, that is another thing entirely, and that is what I am not going to allow. For those of you that have been following my work for years, this should come as no surprise.

Hampton is out Game 1. I hope A Rob can carry the mail, which he should be able to against EIU. Does this mean Coker is going to see the field at RB as a true freshman? Is he really that good? Or are we going to be seeing Paki out there?

Hampton is out Game 1. I hope A Rob can carry the mail, which he should be able to against EIU. Does this mean Coker is going to see the field at RB as a true freshman? Is he really that good? Or are we going to be seeing Paki out there?

Given the recent pictures of Coker in a sling that have surfaced I'd say it's safe to say that Coker will miss at least some time...if not significant time.

Rogers had a year to learn the system and fine-tune his blocking skills and could be an interesting option at RB. We've made due with two quality options at RB in the past...and Rogers would likely be the 3rd option assuming (dangerous word these days) that he has put in the necessary work to gain the favor of the coaching staff.

In all likelihood Paki will be an experienced special team contributor and this program has always needed those and thrived on those types of players.

Last edited:

Given the recent pictures of Coker in a sling that have surfaced I'd say it's safe to say that Coker will miss at least some time...if not significant time.

Rogers had a year to learn the system and fine-tune his blocking skills and could be an interesting option at RB. We've made due with two quality options at RB in the past...and Rogers would likely be the 3rd option assuming (dangerous word these days) that he has put in the necessary work to gain the favor of the coaching staff.

In all likelihood Paki will be an experienced special team contributor and this program has always needed those and thrived on those types of players.

I am behind I guess, I didn't know Coker was hurt. Missed that thread. So it sounds like we are thin at RB once again (Game 1 anyway), Brinson must be kicking himself. Let's hope Hampton's knee holds up the entire year.

I think it's likely that Wegher will not miss any time. This is the kind of story that in the 80's would never have been around. Which is why its just best to leave it alone, because there isnt any 'gotcha' at the end of it. People are not hiding anything nefarious.

The biggest overreaction to a kid missing pre-season practice, in the history of Iowa Football? In college football history?

I think it's likely that Wegher will not miss any time. This is the kind of story that in the 80's would never have been around. Which is why its just best to leave it alone, because there isnt any 'gotcha' at the end of it. People are not hiding anything nefarious.

I sure hope so. I can't take this.....so close to the season and all.

This thread should be locked rather than there being multiple threats of the banhammer. Don't give people a chance to respond if what they say may be construed as worthy of a ban. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts