NO MORE WEGHER THREADS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this what messsage boards are for?
Message board,yes
We all know how some people come on here to start flames about players just to get us worked up with no knowledge of anything and some people are gullable enough to believe everything they read on here and the ones that start the threads are just laughing about the idiots that believe everything on here.Message board yes,flame board sometimes and that's to bad.

If you want to start one and allow rampant and harmful speculation related to the personal life of an Iowa student athlete that has busted his butt for you the last year and helped contribute to one of the greatest Iowa seasons ever, you are free to do so.

It was almost sickening to read some of those posts. It was a viral thread based on a lack of facts and it quickly got out of control. I for one applaud Jon for taking out the trash. Anyone whining about free speech needs to drag their soapbox out to the street corner and run your mouth off to your hearts content.

Jon made it very clear last fall that he would not tolerate the sort of posts that were being made last night and he made good on his threat.

Freedom of speech and opinion.

Also, anyone who is harmed by message board speculation probably shouldn't be reading them. Or should just not read them.

Not trying to be disrespectful, just saying.
Freedom of speech doesn't extend to a private message board. You are free to have your own opinion, but Jon is well within his rights to decide what will and won't be on the site that he owns. And based on the way that other thread was going, I think it was the right decision.

Freedom of speech doesn't extend to a private message board. You are free to have your own opinion, but Jon is well within his rights to decide what will and won't be on the site that he owns. And based on the way that other thread was going, I think it was the right decision.

I know that it doesn't extend to a private message board...

Freedom of speech and opinion.

Also, anyone who is harmed by message board speculation probably shouldn't be reading them. Or should just not read them.

Not trying to be disrespectful, just saying.

Your freedom of speech is checked at the door of any website that you may visit. Just because it's a right of americans to say whatever, the owner of the board or venue you choose has the power and say to allow whatever he wants to be said. If Jon doesn't like it, he doesn't have to give you any word in the matter.

Okay, I obviously know that we can't post whatever we want on someone's site and use "Freedom of Speech" as an excuse. That's not my point...

Just a quick add. I just saw on the ESPN bottom line thread they picked up the Gazette article and basically stated what the article said which is that he is absent from practice. It was nice they also threw in that he had a Freshman record 8 TDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts