NO MORE WEGHER THREADS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NO MORE WEGHER THREADS

Jon, I hate to tell you how to run your own site. But if you want this to stop I would suggest taking your original post and starting a new thread, then lock it and pin it to the top of the football forum, then close this b!tchfest. This will prevent anyone from being able to post on the situation anymore.

That was kind of the point. I wasn't spreading the rumor, I specifically said that nobody knows anything. But that's the sort of thing that's made Jon's actions necessary, because it was coming from more than just a couple people.

End of discussion on that topic.

I have never referred to myself as a report or journalist and never will.

I have been acting in a consistent fashion for more than a decade. Not always the same especially early on, but the last several years to be sure.

Wegher has not been at practice and Iowa is not commenting. Kirk has said he is fine academically and Branding has not run afoul of the law.

Therefore I feel he is dealing with private matters. And since some folks cannot help themselves but to speculate and pass rumors of a very personal nature, this is the tack I have chosen and I am fine with it.

From a pure hardcore business perspective its unwise as it will cost me revenue from fewer pageviews. However, that factor does not come into play with regards to matters of privacy and respect.

If this is a policy that folks have a tough time with, there are other websites out there that are not taking a similar stance.

Media isn't my bag, but it seems to me that you are a journalist/reporter and one of the more prominent ones focusing on Iowa sports. I also think this site has good content and the stories are interesting, so your statement re not being a journalist is kind of confusing - but I digress.

For those of us that come to this site for news, rumors, injury updates, etc., and not to find virtual friends, it was just a disappointing end to the conversations (again, notwithstanding the fact that the personal stuff being tossed around has gotten pretty heinous).

Media isn't my bag, but it seems to me that you are a journalist/reporter and one of the more prominent ones focusing on Iowa sports. I also think this site has good content and the stories are interesting, so your statement re not being a journalist is kind of confusing - but I digress.

For those of us that come to this site for news, rumors, injury updates, etc., and not to find virtual friends, it was just a disappointing end to the conversations (again, notwithstanding the fact that the personal stuff being tossed around has gotten pretty heinous).

Exactly. It's called not clicking on a thread if you don't want to "violate someone's privacy" by reading obvious speculation on the Internet.

So I am sitting here in Seattle telling my brother about all this stuff. His question is, "Don't they have press there?" I said, "Yes, but Ferentz doesn't tell them anything." He said, "And they let him get away with that?"

My reponse, "Yeah, I guess we have press, but we don't really have journalists."

Sorry Jon, but telling us we can't talk about this stuff and just sitting around for an official comment is pretty weak. But I would expect your job is really more contingent on keeping the team and coaches happy rather than doing challenging investigative journalism. Just wish we had someone who had the guts to take on that role.

I've got an idea for you and your brother - why don't you hippies go get a coupla haircuts and some jobs so you can post on here on your company's time like real, hardworking Americans do instead of sitting around pontificating between hits off your peace pipe or whatever the long hairs in Seattle call those things these days. The coaches have over 100 kids and 200 helicopter parents to deal with, their job is to win ballgames and obstruct police investigations involving players, they don't have time to meet with a reporter every time there is a personnel issue within the program.

Stop bringing up the content from last night, guys. There's a reason it was deleted and if it keeps getting brought up, you are likely going to get banned.

Just a heads up.

So I am sitting here in Seattle telling my brother about all this stuff. His question is, "Don't they have press there?" I said, "Yes, but Ferentz doesn't tell them anything." He said, "And they let him get away with that?"

My reponse, "Yeah, I guess we have press, but we don't really have journalists."

Sorry Jon, but telling us we can't talk about this stuff and just sitting around for an official comment is pretty weak. But I would expect your job is really more contingent on keeping the team and coaches happy rather than doing challenging investigative journalism. Just wish we had someone who had the guts to take on that role.

No, what's weak is your immature, obviously insatiable, desire to know every detail about a young man's personal life. Get yourself a life of your own and stop living through another athlete's life.

This is a 19 year old young man we're talking about.....little more than a year removed from freaking HIGH SCHOOL.....who obviously has something so pressing that it has required him to take time away from the sport and team he loves to tend to it. And you're going to come on a message board, with an anonymous screen name and demand information and then whine like a little b!tch when you don't get your way?!? Seriously?!?

And then to top it all off, you're going to take pot shots and question the integrity of of a guy who has gone out of his way (and probably invested thousands of dollars and certainly thousand of man hours) to bring us a venue where we can read tons of content about our favorite team for free?!

You're a real piece of work, and frankly, you're an embarassment to yourself.

Well why don't you and some of your girl friends on here go start your own site where you can sit and gossip all day. Can't start a site? Alright then, how about a chat room. Run along and have fun with that

So... maybe I missed something here- is the issue that people were trying to validate the rumor/speculating the truth, or the fact that nobody knows and we're supposed to just accept that and wait patiently until news comes out, or that some people were out of line?

I get that, if people were acting out of line and inappropriate posts/threads were made- take action against them. BUT, if this is was because people were "posting things from last nite" and didn't know it was already posted because someone took it down, how are they/we supposed to know? Is it really a bad thing that people are interested in the truth about the rumor?

Honestly Plano, the things that were getting posted on there were so far beyond any reason the thread needed to be deleted. I would have HATED for BW to read or hear about that stuff.

This site reminds me of 5th grade. A bunch of the girls in my class were fighting and saying bad things about each other and then the "teacher" had to come in and tell everyone that they couldn't do it anymore.

Yet, I can't stop coming here for some reason.

Anyone else feel weird after coming to this site?

This site reminds me of 5th grade. A bunch of the girls in my class were fighting and saying bad things about each other and then the "teacher" had to come in and tell everyone that they couldn't do it anymore.

Yet, I can't stop coming here for some reason.

Anyone else feel weird after coming to this site?

Welcome to the anonymity of the Internet.

Well why don't you and some of your girl friends on here go start your own site where you can sit and gossip all day. Can't start a site? Alright then, how about a chat room. Run along and have fun with that

Look, I am not telling you not to make friends online, just noted that it's not my thing. I also think its perfectly fine if you don't want to move out of your parent's basement, especially if they have expanded cable service.

Look, I am not telling you not to make friends online, just noted that it's not my thing. I also think its perfectly fine if you don't want to move out of your parent's basement, especially if they have expanded cable service.

FINAL WARNING for everyone in this thread. Continued childish remarks and you will be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts