Nixon enters transfer portal

I always did wonder how they got away with the whole Oompa-Loompa thing in the original Willy Wonka movie. We are talking about a bunch of midgets wearing orange tinted black face, representing a chocolate tribe from Africa. Hell, because of that movie, I spent the first two decades of my life thinking chocolate came from Africa. (No, I didn't buy into the midget bit though.)

Violet blew the myth of "bigger the cushion..." out of the water, that's for sure

Whenever I think of BigTruck, I hear the Dre lyrics, "Comin up like a fat rat; big money, big cars, big bodyguards on his back." His new Iowa nickname should be BigLoss.

If Nixon doesn’t want to be here it’s better that he’s not. Time to move on. And if his old man is trying to get FCS schools to bite, it’s quite possible it wouldn’t have worked out anyway. If Nixon is all that everyone says he’s cracked up to be, why aren’t SEC and B1G teams all over this transfer?

Last edited:
If Nixon doesn’t want to be here it’s better that he’s not. Time to move on. And if his old man is trying to get FCS schools to bite, it’s quite possible it wouldn’t have worked out anyway. If Nixon is all that everyone says he’s cracked up to be, why aren’t SEC and B1G teams all over this transfer?
Good question. We may never know what his deal is. If it's grades or behavior/relationship with coaches whatever. But if he's checked out then dude's checked out. It sucks since he has a starting gig just sitting there open with his name on it. To want to walk away from that just seems illogical from where we are sitting.

Inside knowledge is not for us to know. He may have been told to look elsewhere. veneer make up seems to point to him being perfect for our scheme.

Good question. We may never know what his deal is. If it's grades or behavior/relationship with coaches whatever. But if he's checked out then dude's checked out. It sucks since he has a starting gig just sitting there open with his name on it. To want to walk away from that just seems illogical from where we are sitting.
I mean, if what I'm hearing is true, I don't really think his leaving is entirely voluntary. If it was grades we'd know by now, and Kirk doesn't have a problem with calling out guys with issues, even minor ones, yet he hasn't done that to Daviyon. If he is gone, I think it's because the university, not the coaches, have closed the door.

B10 network said Iowa looks like it will have one less transfer- 3 total than originally thought.
Did you see that this morning? Fingers crossed they're keeping Daviyon, but if not him, I'm hoping Simon or Jansen. Need all the DL depth we can get right now.

B10 network said Iowa looks like it will have one less transfer- 3 total than originally thought.
Did you see that this morning? Fingers crossed they're keeping Daviyon, but if not him, I'm hoping Simon or Jansen. Need all the DL depth we can get right now.
I highly doubt that BTN has any more insider information than the normal Iowa media guys. If anything they probably heard Nixon was enrolled in classes.

I highly doubt that BTN has any more insider information than the normal Iowa media guys. If anything they probably heard Nixon was enrolled in classes.
I'm sure both have more information than we do, but I suspect they're withholding it out of respect for Daviyon's privacy, which I'm perfectly okay with.

It's an interesting thing. For one why is a kid that is dipping his toe in the water to transfer seemingly not getting much interest when Bama of all schools wanted him just a year ago at this time. KF clearly isn't pushing him out the door or why would he say that? I've heard that being rumored. Since he hasn't found a new home yet I suppose it's fair to hope he'll still come back. At least as of today anyway..

It's an interesting thing. For one why is a kid that is dipping his toe in the water to transfer seemingly not getting much interest when Bama of all schools wanted him just a year ago at this time. KF clearly isn't pushing him out the door or why would he say that? I've heard that being rumored. Since he hasn't found a new home yet I suppose it's fair to hope he'll still come back. At least as of today anyway..
My thought would be that if he transfers elsewhere D1 he would have to sit out next season, thus making him less of a hot commodity. Plus whatever is going on now would be another red flag, too much risk at this point for a D1 school.

I think Nixon and his family are exploring all options in the event that it doesn’t work out at Iowa and whatever he needs to get straightened out doesn’t get straitened out, a backup plan if you will.

I think for all parties best case scenario is he gets his “situation” taken care of and plays for Iowa next year. That’s just my completely uniformed opinion.

Last edited:
My thought would be that if he transfers elsewhere D1 he would have to it out next season, thus making him less of a hot commodity. Plus whatever is going on now would be another red flag, too much risk at this point for a D1 school.

I think Nixon and his family are exploring all options in the event that it doesn’t work out at Iowa and whatever he needs to get straightened out doesn’t get straitened out, a backup plan if you will.

I think for all parties best case scenario is he gets his “situation” taken care of and plays for Iowa next year. That’s just my completely uniformed opinion.
Well your opinion is as good as any I've heard. He's got 3 yrs to play at Iowa with an open starting spot with his name on it. Not sure how the grass could be much greener somewhere else.

Well your opinion is as good as any I've heard. He's got 3 yrs to play at Iowa with an open starting spot with his name on it. Not sure how the grass could be much greener somewhere else.
Knowing what we know of KF and staff I doubt he’d be the listed starter over Reiff and Lattimore, but he would certainly get a lot of play time and be a huge part of the rotation.

We really could use added depth on the Dline. It sounds like the staff is pursuing some grad transfer options as well.

Knowing what we know of KF and staff I doubt he’d be the listed starter over Reiff and Lattimore, but he would certainly get a lot of play time and be a huge part of the rotation.

We really could use added depth on the Dline. It sounds like the staff is pursuing some grad transfer options as well.
True. I forgot about Reiff. Guess I thought he graduated this yr. But yeah if he's back he'll be penciled in for sure. But as you say Nixon would still play a ton of snaps and be asked to play a big role. As much as we've started to rotate guys lately (which is a great thing) being the 3rd even 4th DT your going to play.

Latest posts