Nixon enters transfer portal

True. I forgot about Reiff. Guess I thought he graduated this yr. But yeah if he's back he'll be penciled in for sure. But as you say Nixon would still play a ton of snaps and be asked to play a big role. As much as we've started to rotate guys lately (which is a great thing) being the 3rd even 4th DT your going to play.
Here’s a best case scenario for the Dline group depth.

DE:
AJE
Golston
Grad Transfer (per Blair S staff is currently pursuing 3)
Waggoner

DT:
Lattimore
Reiff
Nixon
Shannon

That would allow Shannon and Waggoner to get their feet wet with some play time, but not be relied upon too heavily.

It has to be his academic performance that's keeping him in limbo. It seems fairly clear he'd get playing time, so the need for playing time doesn't seem to be the reason he's looking at other schools.

If there was a direct altercation, or some sort of issue that was clearly on Daviyon, Kirk would have already gotten rid of him. There are other issues that can come up though, gray area stuff that can be either a direct issue or guilt by association type issues.

If there was a direct altercation, or some sort of issue that was clearly on Daviyon, Kirk would have already gotten rid of him. There are other issues that can come up though, gray area stuff that can be either a direct issue or guilt by association type issues.

Correct. If certain things got said and he was sort of defending himself.

Y'all hear? BIG TRUCK is Back Baby!! Honk Hooooonnk!!
636598583305687516-SpringPractice16.jpg

I see him and I keep thinking Terry "Tank" Johnson, the former Oregon State star who played with the Bears for a few years in the Lovie Smith era.

Blair Sanderson has posted on the forum in HR that he should be a full go when spring ball starts next week.

Great depth for the DL for sure.

Great news on Nixon. Figured we had to be getting to the point of shitting or getting off the pot for him. They have to be putting the pads on pretty quick for Spring ball I would think

Wow...this is outstanding if it goes this direction. I'm skeptical until he has the pads on in fall camp...just the way I roll when it comes to this type of stuff.

Golston
Lattimore
Nixon
Epenesa

Holy crap...there are going to be a whole lotta QBs running for their lives.

Kirk will sit him as a specialty player.

Only used on 3rd and 14 from the right hash on road games going with the wind against opponents with an odd number of stadium seats because that’s the package he fits best in.

Great news. Dline depth should be fine IMO. Sure we probably won’t be 8 deep but now I think we have 6 guys that can play with Nixon and the transfer, plus the returning 4. Can ease some reps for Waggoner and Shannon as well.

Great news. Dline depth should be fine IMO. Sure we probably won’t be 8 deep but now I think we have 6 guys that can play with Nixon and the transfer, plus the returning 4. Can ease some reps for Waggoner and Shannon as well.

Yes it is good news.
Also I think you are right, getting some guys some reps will be a great idea. You absolutely have to get a few of them up to speed as fast as possible. They already have the size, just need to spend some time with Doyle.

Latest posts