NIT Bubble Watch

Does it matter, if we get in we will be playing at UNI probably...does anyone really want to go back there?

Does it matter, if we get in we will be playing at UNI probably...does anyone really want to go back there?

If being in the NIT means playing at UNI, bring it on! I'm not ready for this season to be over. I'd love the chance to get some revenge.

And, this was updated Friday night, not "today"
Projection through games of March 9, 2012.

Also, Iowa was nowhere on his map until recently, and they are "moving up" fast. I think he is definately playing it safe, sticking to RPI, and also, I'm not real sure how seriously he is taking this. The announcement is tonight, games have been played since his update Friday night, and he's not doing another update today? Whatever.. :D

That is just one sportswriter's opinion, and he is sticking pretty rigidly to RPI. I don't think the committee will do the same, and I think Iowa will be in rather than Illinois.

That is just one sportswriter's opinion, and he is sticking pretty rigidly to RPI. I don't think the committee will do the same, and I think Iowa will be in rather than Illinois.

It might be just his opinion but he was correctly picked 31 out of 32 last year. That's pretty damn good considering we are talking about the NIT here.

Where did you hear this? Last I heard an Illini AD spokesperson said you cannot turn down NIT because it is owned by NCAA.

You can't turn it down, but I'm sure when you're a marginal case like Illinois you can make it pretty clear you aren't interested before it even gets to that point. I'm guessing the feeling from the selection committee is mutual. Iowa is going to get Illinois' spot.

Updated his page, not only does he have us in, but at a 4 seed (was 6 yesterday).

For what it's worth..

NIT Bracketology: March 11 | Big Apple Buckets

In the back of my head the Iowa quote about making a competitive offer keeps coming up. The Hawkeyes are definitely in the field in my opinion — they just have so many good wins it’d be hard to turn them down — but for the first time I have them playing Round 1 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena.

I would sure hope that the NIT committee took notice that the Illinois players voted to opt out of the NIT after their coach was fired.
Sure,they have better RPI numbers,but they have lost 10 of 12 and their coach is gone and the players do not want to participate with some looking to go pro...will the NIT committe ignore all that to invite an Illinois over an Iowa program chomping at the bit to get in...an excited fanbase,vs a demoralized fanbase? Hope not.

Dropping Iowa out of the bubble teams completely is really rare. And, this guy doesn't seem to respond to tweets. Curious to see his last projections before the announcement, and if he still has Iowa nowhere.

I'm guessing that him leaving Iowa out of the bubble teams is just an oversight/typo. All of the teams he had them clustered with yesterday are still there, and it's not like that much changed.

He did respond to a tweet a week or two ago about Iowa and basically said they are a completely unique case in that their RPI doesn't come close to matching up with their level of quality. I think that explains for the wildly varying estimates on their NIT berth. As I've posted many times, I think they're in and Illinois is out.

Interesting response.

Yea, his final still has Iowa not on the page even as a bubble, with Illinois solidly in. Probably just had to stick with the RPI over anything else, since guessing at what the selection committee's decision would be, with regard to that RPI/quality mismatch, doesn't seem to be his style :D

I'm guessing that him leaving Iowa out of the bubble teams is just an oversight/typo. All of the teams he had them clustered with yesterday are still there, and it's not like that much changed.

He did respond to a tweet a week or two ago about Iowa and basically said they are a completely unique case in that their RPI doesn't come close to matching up with their level of quality. I think that explains for the wildly varying estimates on their NIT berth. As I've posted many times, I think they're in and Illinois is out.

Why do people even care about that site, dude probably pays 12 bucks year for nit-ology name, makes unproffesional site and people go their and give a crap what it says. He's probably done less research on the NIT then most people on HN.

Knows what he's doing, but - kinda agree - he had a broken link to his brackets all day until just a few minutes ago...

Why do people even care about that site, dude probably pays 12 bucks year for nit-ology name, makes unproffesional site and people go their and give a crap what it says. He's probably done less research on the NIT then most people on HN.

Latest posts