NIT BRACKETOLOGY

Sad... we've now become a program that is looking at NIT bracket projections ... this is just like we're back in the Lickleiter years. Derp Derp Da Derp derp -

sorry, just getting out a head of that.

Reactions: DJL
Sad... we've now become a program that is looking at NIT bracket projections ... this is just like we're back in the Lickleiter years. Derp Derp Da Derp derp -

NIT would be a great accomplishment for one of the youngest teams in the country. Of course we aren't happy with the NIT, but the NCAA is unrealistic this year. Next year, they must make the NCAA. Not this year

NIT is what I expected coming into this year. We still haven't sown it up either. A few stumbles and we could easily be sitting home in March. [Yeah, i know it's not "we" it's 'Iowa'. We is a lot easier and faster to type.]

NIT is what I expected coming into this year. We still haven't sown it up either. A few stumbles and we could easily be sitting home in March. [Yeah, i know it's not "we" it's 'Iowa'. We is a lot easier and faster to type.]

Thanks for the explanation. I was gonna say "WE? Speak for yourself, pal. I'm going on a cruise in march."

But you explained it. so I don't have to respond.

I'm glad all that was avoided.

Iowa has the ability and depth to run the table in the B10 tournament. It just depends which team shows up

Ya never know. A healthy Jok who catches fire and some Freshmen that are more polished, means there isn't a team we can't beat in the BIG. Also could lose 1st round :) This team is a roller coaster. Hoping the freshmen don't hit a wall, first year of the grind can take its toll on a body.

The NIT is reward picking up the pieces of a team that lost 80% of its starters from last year and is one of the youngest teams in the nation. I personally think the NCAA is still in play by winning the B10 Tournament. I don't think there are a lot of teams that want to play Iowa right now. 4 freshman starters? How many teams have that? NIT still gets you ready for next year.

A 4 seed in the NIT would be great, I believe that ensures at least 1 game in CHA.

While I don't typically like NIT bids for this team it would be a decent accomplishment. But we better be back in the Big Dance next year.

We played ISU in the "first round" but the second game, we beat Valporaiso to face them. That year the NIT had 40 teams, so 16 teams had a play in opening round to get it to 32.

I think the NIT should be viewed as a success this year...which feels really weird typing. But those extra practices and extra game(s) will only help the team prepare for the future.

As for winning the BTT....Fran doesn't exactly have the best results in the BTT.

Latest posts