New Show on the BTN that I will be a part of

wow congrats jon. I'm 16 and you have proved to me that hard work determination and experience can get you a long way...way to go.

Congrats, Jon! You might as well take Deace with you for a few shows. That guy knows a few things about college football, too. Thank goodness they didn't ask you to do that Friday Night Tailgate Show! That show is kind of goofy. Also, when you interview Brewster, try to get his Chile Hot! Did you see that BTN show? It was hilarious! LOL

Last edited:
This is great news, Jon. Congratulations. You've certainly earned it.

You just keep climbing. Wow. What's next? A seat next to Corso on Gameday?:)

Good things happen to good people. And you deserve this.

Congrats Jon, on a big door opening for you! Make us Hawk fans proud, and be a very respected broadcaster on BTN!!!

You now realize, you have to invest in a bunch of taylored suites to compete with Chris Martin! Hopefully they included some extra cash for the wardrobe!!!

This is great news, Jon. Congratulations. You've certainly earned it.

You just keep climbing. Wow. What's next? A seat next to Corso on Gameday?:)

Good things happen to good people. And you deserve this.

After this season a "seat next to Corso" will be on Corso's couch...this is his last season on GameDay.

Big congrats to you Jon. If it goes well you have to try to get Deace on with you in the show. That would give the Big Ten nation a taste of the listening enjoyment you both provide us weekdays.

OK... the really bad part is I have a feeling this means Chris Williams on Fridays. It looks like I'll be switching the station on Fridays if this is the case.

I had not planned on discussing this in this fashion, but since my radio bosses have sent out an email to the entire company, it appears some people in house have forwarded it outside the building and it's getting talked about elsewhere.

I received a call last week from the Big Ten Network to audition for a new program they are launching this fall called 'The Pulse'. They told me they will air it Thursday nights in prime time (7 central) and it will be a more opinionated program than what they have had on the air to date.

I took the day off from my radio show Monday and was in Chicago. I spent about two straight hours doing three 40-minute shows with three different co-hosts. It was a blast. I left there knowing I did the best I could do.

They called Tuesday and offered me the position.

I will do my radio show Monday-Thursday, and will also keep doing Soundoff on 1040 WHO most weeks. I will also be doing reporting for the BTN in Iowa related ways, which could be post press conference stand ups or gameday stand ups.

And of course, things will remain the same around here. I will actually be adding more hours to my day on the site, and less hours of obligation at the radio station.

Looking forward to football season getting going, and I will be in Chicago in three weeks for the Big Ten Kickoff luncheon...as has been the case with HawkeyeNation.com, that's when we start to ramp up to wall to wall football and lots of it until the season is over. It's only going to help your HN experience as I will be in touch with the newsmakers of the Big Ten on a regular basis...to borrow a line from Fred Hoiberg, they will be on my speed dial ;)

The first episode airs on September 9th, and the show will probably run through Spring Football practice.

Great news, Jon! It just goes to prove the old saying, "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

Congrats Jon, I have been with you since your news letter years ago and always knew you would continue to grow professionally. I appreciate the hard work you put in to keep us Hawk fans informed. Keep up the great work.

Latest posts