NEW OC

The only thing we actually need an OC for is someone to take all the blame for KF's ultra conservative style.

Give it to Erik Campbell. He was associate head coach his last few years at Michigan under Lloyd Carr.

I would actually like that! I think he's the only internal hire right now I'd want to take a coordinator position. Hope the D side comes from outside the program, but Campbell would be good!

I would rather see Brian get the nod over someone like Chuck Long. At least Brian wouldn't be afraid to tell his dad to get some balls and open it up every once in awhile. Not like Ferentz would fire his own son.

Now I think there is likely more experienced options that would be a better choice at this point. I honestly can't see Ferentz hiring his own son when he has such little experience. If he did decide to do that then it would show that he (and others in the coaching community) must have a lot of confidence in Brian's coaching abilities/potential. I highly doubt he would hire him just because he is his son. I read an article in the CR gazette the other day that said Ferentz had nothing to do with Brian being hired by the Patriots as TE's coach. Now obviously who his Dad is probably helped him out a bit, but he did put in the work and earned it. If he's impressed Belichick enough who knows what might happen....

doubt that given he last was fired at kansas. those pay agreements generally terminate if you pick up a new job - and it was likely over prior to the kansas gig anyway...

You are kidding I hope, this isnt alimony where if you get married again your ex-spouse doesnt need to pay alimony anymore.

If a coach gets fired and has 3 million coming to them over 5 years they get that money even if they take another job. How could san diego state say they didnt need to pay Long just because he got hired at Kansas.

If a CEO gets fired but gets a large annuity payout over 5 years then he still gets paid if he starts working somewhere else.

no doubt you are a long fan for coach. no doubt.

how many jobs has he been fired from or asked to leave?

Oh, I see, you make a post against Chuck Long it's based upon data.

I make a post stating that I don't see how O'Keefe was a good coach and I have some irrational hatred of him. Seriously, until that last thread I have made few, if any coaches against him to begin with.

The rules to your game suck ***.

You are kidding I hope, this isnt alimony where if you get married again your ex-spouse doesnt need to pay alimony anymore.

If a coach gets fired and has 3 million coming to them over 5 years they get that money even if they take another job. How could san diego state say they didnt need to pay Long just because he got hired at Kansas.

If a CEO gets fired but gets a large annuity payout over 5 years then he still gets paid if he starts working somewhere else.

His contract actually stated that he would be paid out as long as he worked for the university and didn't accept another position until the end of the contract. he did spend the year after his firing at an office job for SDSU in order to continue collecting on his contract.

His contract actually stated that he would be paid out as long as he worked for the university and didn't accept another position until the end of the contract. he did spend the year after his firing at an office job for SDSU in order to continue collecting on his contract.

Yeah, Long was probably in the last one or two years of his contract at SDSU so they probably only had a one year buyout left to pay him. That was one highly paid office worker.

I think the real question is does KOK4PRES change his screen name or just stick with the Northwestern boards?

Why do people keep saying Chuck Long? God I hope not. I'd much rather see them give Soup the job. He deserves it and he's put his time in. He works well with the staff and players, he's still relatively young, and he's a WR coach so he would likely be more apt to opening things up a little bit more. If he were offered the job we could kee him around the program awhile. If not, i'm afraid he could leave and i don't want to see that happen. Chuck Long would not be a great hire IMO. Hope that does not happen.

Latest posts