Your thoughts on New CyHawk Trophy

• I like it, keep it

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • It has to go...now

Votes: 244 96.4%
  • undecided

Votes: 6 2.4%

• Total voters
This trophy may trump the other previously bad PR moves mentioned including the "Heroes Game". I realize times are tough and the economy isn't getting any better, but you couldn't possibly tell me there wasn't anyone more qualified that was capable of coming up with another trophy idea?
It's like they decide on the big marketing deals during "Bring Your Kid to Work Day" and they let the 3rd graders choose... wait, that's wrong, 3rd graders have better taste/decision-making skills.

I'm assuming we are discussing the trophy only here. This thing must have been designed by a committee. That's a big problem with **** today, too much of it is decided by a committee. It used to be one guy would just do something. That something wasn't always perfect, but it was rarely terrible. Now you can't make a single decision without a committee of 12 people.

It probably went like this….

Guy 2: Let's make the trophy about football.

Guy 1: Ok, the football idea is OK but Iowa is a big farming state, so the trophy should be about farming, let’s put a farmer in the trophy.

Guy2: But it’s a football game.

Guy1: Well sure, but we gotta include farming somehow, how about a couple of farmers around a radio listening to the game?

Woman1: Would one of the farmers be a woman? Cause there are lots of women in Iowa that like the game.

Guy1: Ok… I guess we could do that.

Guy2: But, it’s about football.

Woman2: Well if it’s got a man and woman people are going to think they are married so we should probably give them some kids.

Guy1: OK, a farmer, a woman, and some kids, all standing around a radio listening to the game.

Guy2: It’s about FOOTBALL!

Woman1: I think the woman should be holding one of the kids, that would be more mother like.

Guy1: Ok… so a farmer, a woman holding one child, another kid standing, all hovering around a radio listening to the big game.

Guys2: IT’S ABOUT ******* FOOTBALL!!!!!!

Guy3: Instead standing around a radio could they be standing in around a basket of food? Cause, you know, farming produces food. And the farmer should be kneeling in the middle of his whole family, because family is important.

Guy1: Ok, so let me get this straight. The trophy should be a farmer kneeling in the middle of his family which includes a woman holding one child and another child standing to the side, and in the middle of this family sits a basket of food.

Woman1: Yep

Guy3: Yep

Woman 2: Perfect

Guy 2:
head_explode_RE_paradox_time_lets_destroy_the_world-s431x300-105442.jpg

I think a Husker fan voted for the keep it..seriously, here is a tweet at me on twitter from a Husker fan that follows me:

Add my vote for Keep It. Signed, Husker Nation

It would probably be painful, but I am pretty sure I could wipe my *** with that. Seems like they sure made it difficult to use properly.

I think my Grandma has that same sculpture in her collection.

It looks like they bought a sculpture from a late night QVC sale and decided it would look great as a trophy.

Last edited:
This is embarressing, wait til the natinoal media gets a hold of this.
Now I'm worried about how bad they are going to F up the "heroes trophy"

It was me. Since Fenlly is in the picture I don't think (or just don't want to belive) that this the football trophy. That is why I'm undecided.

Its for the football game and just the football game. Every press report about it has mentioned that specifically.

I can't see any players rushing to lift that abomination over their heads after winning the game.

That is a sculpture from my grandma's attic, not a sought after football trophy.

sure its a nice looking trophy and i'm sure a lot of time and work went into making it. but it has absolutely nothing to do with football, which is why it needs to be re-done.

try again

Who are the people who give this ideas the go-ahead?? Whatever happened to that step in the process where someone uses their f-ing head!?!?!!?

That thing is just painful to see. Like many have said.....it's about football and that trophy doesn't signify anything about football. They need to stop using this game as a way to show everybody how great and wholesome living in Iowa is.

Wouldn't it be great if after the game they just set the trophy down on the ground and celebrated like it was a non-trophy game?

Latest posts