Nebraska has more problems

Ok. Let's get down to the real topic here. What college student owns a house that nice while going to college? How does that happen? What are those players getting?

You do realize that they probably rent the house, and let's be honest, it's new, but it isn't that nice. Looks cheaply built.

Extremely fishy that Tommy Armstrong says "we're hearing it was all consensual". If it were consensual why did the girl go to the hospital and report a rape? Who did he "hear" it from? If it were the police, they should have been going there to get the facts, not to give Tommy Armstrong an update. It really makes it seem like the police are on the football players side. Probably Nebraska fans. If it were the accused, well no duh, he would say it was consensual.
It's incredibly concerning that the police were telling Armstrong and Westerkamp that "you guys should be fine." The police shouldn't be discussing the case with anybody who isn't involved in it. So if they're doing that, then that's a pretty big no-no OR those guys are involved in some way.

You do realize that the reason the police told them that was because it is more than likely that neither Armstrong or Westerkamp are considered suspects, and not guilty of any wrong doing correct?

As for who did he hear it from? Not sure, could be that he talked to the suspect, could be the police. It's very vague right now.

Nebraska has always been thug U. Always was; always will be. A sense of entitlement throughout that whole football program.

Not sure what all the hoopla is over Nebraska players being criminals. It's how they operate.

Lawrence Phillips
Riley Washington
Damon Benning
Tyrone Williams
Christian Peter
Reggie Baul

Benning and Washington were found not guilty.

And let me put this right here........

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/college-football-arrests-2015/

Edit: and this:

http://www.thegazette.com/2011/03/0...ong-top-25-schools-in-football-player-arrests

Glass houses......glass houses.......

Last edited:
You do realize that they probably rent the house, and let's be honest, it's new, but it isn't that nice. Looks cheaply built.

You do realize that the reason the police told them that was because it is more than likely that neither Armstrong or Westerkamp are considered suspects, and not guilty of any wrong doing correct?

As for who did he hear it from? Not sure, could be that he talked to the suspect, could be the police. It's very vague right now.

You do realize that you take these stance strictly because you are a Husker fan. You do realize that every other fan base out there is going to see this much, much differently that the Big Red fan base will. Much like Penn St. fans didn't see it's scandal the way the nation did, or that Florida St. fans didn't see Winston the same way the nation did, or that Auburn fans didn't see Cam the same way that national fan did.

If they are not considered suspects then my comment still applies, the police are not supposed to discuss any investigation with those involved (they live in that house, therefore they are involved AND likely know the suspect since the alleged actions took place there while they were present in the house). The police are supposed to ask the questions they need answered, not provide commentary on the situation to witnesses.

Wow, you Husker fans really know when to pick a fight. That has more to do with the Iowa City police than anything. It's not a good ole' boy network.

FYI, if the police really did tell Tommy Armstrong, "everything should be fine", as Tommy claims, there's a bigger scandal in the Lincoln PD.

If they are not considered suspects then my comment still applies, the police are not supposed to discuss any investigation with those involved (they live in that house, therefore they are involved AND likely know the suspect since the alleged actions took place there while they were present in the house). The police are supposed to ask the questions they need answered, not provide commentary on the situation to witnesses.

I'm not a LEO, but why not? I would assume police can say pretty much whatever they want if they think it will help their investigation. If I was interviewing a murder suspect, I'd probably be like, "You're gonna be fine, bro. No worries. Just a few questions. And totally unrelated, but this is your bloody knife and this is your skin under the victim's fingernails, right?"

He and and 3 other dudes ran a train on 4 chicks at his house. Have a pretty good source that read the police report

images

You do realize that you take these stance strictly because you are a Husker fan. You do realize that every other fan base out there is going to see this much, much differently that the Big Red fan base will. Much like Penn St. fans didn't see it's scandal the way the nation did, or that Florida St. fans didn't see Winston the same way the nation did, or that Auburn fans didn't see Cam the same way that national fan did.

I realize that most of our fans will see it differently, but not me.

This is bigger than football. If they are guilty of anything, then they deserve to pay the price. I don't give a pigs behind that they play football.

I'll admit I don't know all that much about police protocol, but if TA and JW are not being charged with any crimes, why can the police not tell them that they "should be fine?"

Wow, you Husker fans really know when to pick a fight. That has more to do with the Iowa City police than anything. It's not a good ole' boy network.

Uh huh, cuz they're so much different in Iowa City than every other city in the nation.

(rolls eyes)

Edit: I'm not the one picking the fight.

FYI, if the police really did tell Tommy Armstrong, "everything should be fine", as Tommy claims, there's a bigger scandal in the Lincoln PD.

See my previous comment. If they are not in any trouble, why can they not be told that "everything should be fine?"

I'm not a LEO, but why not? I would assume police can say pretty much whatever they want if they think it will help their investigation. If I was interviewing a murder suspect, I'd probably be like, "You're gonna be fine, bro. No worries. Just a few questions. And totally unrelated, but this is your bloody knife and this is your skin under the victim's fingernails, right?"

Good point.

"He said police told the three that they wanted to hear their side of the story about what might have happened. “After talking to us, (the police) said you guys should be fine,â€￾ Armstrong said."
---ie "sign a few footballs for me and guys at the station, and maybe a few tickets for the game, and this will all 'disappear'"

Just another episode of a Husker Circle-Jerk amongst public officials in Lincoln...

Uh huh, cuz they're so much different in Iowa City than every other city in the nation.

(rolls eyes)

Edit: I'm not the one picking the fight.

See my previous comment. If they are not in any trouble, why can they not be told that "everything should be fine?"

Police are supposed to be fair and impartial. For them, to go to Tommy Armstrong, after a rape was reported at his house, whether he's a suspect or not, and tell him "everything should be fine" gives the appearance that the police are biased and not upholding the law. Everything is not fine, a girl was allegedly raped. Whether Tommy's telling the truth, I'm not sure. Either way I'm sure the Lincoln PD and University of Nebraska wish he would stop making such asinine comments.

Last edited:
Police are supposed to be fair and impartial. For them, to go to Tommy Armstrong, after a rape was reported at his house, whether he's a suspect or not, and tell him "everything should be fine" gives the appearance than the police are biased and not upholding the law. Everything is not fine, a girl was allegedly raped. Whether Tommy's telling the truth, I'm not sure. Either way I'm sure the Lincoln PD and University of Nebraska wish he would stop making such asinine comments.

Exactly. As an interrogation tactic with a suspect, sure, cops will certainly try to make you feel comfortable, let your guard down. But to flat out tell a witness who lives in the house where a rape possibly occurred and where there were MIPs (PAULAs for us Hawks out there) according to reports out of Lincoln that they're going to be "fine" is very very different.

Exactly. As an interrogation tactic with a suspect, sure, cops will certainly try to make you feel comfortable, let your guard down. But to flat out tell a witness who lives in the house where a rape possibly occurred and where there were MIPs (PAULAs for us Hawks out there) according to reports out of Lincoln that they're going to be "fine" is very very different.

Perhaps.

We don't know exactly what was said, Tommy could have been paraphrasing.

I guess I don't see the issue if the cops tell someone that they aren't going to be charged with a crime, which is how I understood his comments.

Police are supposed to be fair and impartial. For them, to go to Tommy Armstrong, after a rape was reported at his house, whether he's a suspect or not, and tell him "everything should be fine" gives the appearance that the police are biased and not upholding the law. Everything is not fine, a girl was allegedly raped. Whether Tommy's telling the truth, I'm not sure. Either way I'm sure the Lincoln PD and University of Nebraska wish he would stop making such asinine comments.

I agree with much of what you said but the bolded.

I think that you are letting your own personal bias dictate what you are saying. You make this sound as if by making that statement, the LPD is going to look the other way and sweep this under the rug. That will not happen.

Edit: and this:

http://www.thegazette.com/2011/03/0...ong-top-25-schools-in-football-player-arrests

I guess this is a good place for this...

http://www.si.com/vault/1995/09/25/...st-ally-in-the-man-who-runs-the-program-tom-o

Mainly alcohol infractions vs attempted murder, assault, evidence tampering, sexual assault. Lol. Not even in the same universe.

Perhaps.

We don't know exactly what was said, Tommy could have been paraphrasing.

I guess I don't see the issue if the cops tell someone that they aren't going to be charged with a crime, which is how I understood his comments.

My issue with the alleged quote is that in a case like this, unless the police officer caught them in the act, the district attorney makes the call of whether or not charges will be brought up. To have a uniformed cop or a detective come right out and say they won't be charged seems off.

My issue with the alleged quote is that in a case like this, unless the police officer caught them in the act, the district attorney makes the call of whether or not charges will be brought up. To have a uniformed cop or a detective come right out and say they won't be charged seems off.

Good point.

Remember last week in a thread where I stated "I'd rather my sister be a whore, than have my brother go to Minnesota." Well, I sent her to Lincoln after the Iowa win.