Nebraska has more problems

Armstrong made such stupid comments to the media without going thru the proper channels, I think KF likely would have kicked him off the team in that situation. He embarrassed everyone involved, Lincoln PD, UNL and the football team (he's supposed to be the leader). Reportedly Mike Riley didn't even know about it until 11am Tuesday, when everybody else found out, and he's not happy about it.

Good point. I was speaking in terms of legal repercussions, and that I don't think the guy should be getting any bad reputation vibes as being a rapist.

It seems the "poor-team-leader" shoe does fit in this situation. And also the general "this-guy's-a-dumdum" shoe as well.

Good point. I was speaking in terms of legal repercussions, and that I don't think the guy should be getting any bad reputation vibes as being a rapist.

It seems the "poor-team-leader" shoe does fit in this situation. And also the general "this-guy's-a-dumdum" shoe as well.

It's more than that. Tommy basically called the victim a liar when he said "we're hearing it was all consensual". That's a really strong allegation to take to the media and for him it's just hearsay. He's supposed to be a leader and the face of Nebraska football. Tommy's claim that the police told him "everything should be fine" is also problematic and maybe isn't even true but it's certainly embarrassing for the Lincoln PD.

Last edited:
74Hunter good to see you on the board. I am going to Lincoln for the big game with my two teenagers. Looking forward to silencing some of Husker Nation...LOL. Just curious your insight...I have watched every Husker game this year.

Some of my concerns about Nebraska:
  • Westerkamp is a possession type receiver that is willing to cross the middle and if Riley will be patient enough to dink the ball the down the field that may be successful.
  • Your TE's are capable receivers and I think Minnesota showed we have trouble there..although I believe we can right that ship.
  • Your read option, which resemble the old "Osborne" read option is a concern to me...although we are a good assignment football team there is always the chance Tommy breaks one.
  • Your defense is getting healthy...although your defense does not spark the fear of blackshirts past.
  • Your team is at that fragile point where they have suddenly tasted success, and that is a bonus for you
  • Bowl eligibility is on the cusp
  • Senior Day
  • Extra preparation, although most teams spit and sputter coming off bye weeks
Some of things that should concern Nebraska:
  • Our offense is perhaps the most balanced offense in the big ten.
  • We have the receivers, TE's and screen game to exploit your secondary.
  • Our TO margin is fantastic...Tommy is prone to interceptions, fumbles, and that is an issue
  • Our secondary is so good at baiting teams into trying to force passes into those layers between zones...we can pick those passes off
  • Our defense can and will make you one dimensional...love Tommy but he is a TO waiting to happen.
  • Special teams is in our favor...I feel in all phases
  • Our offensive line is really clicking and I think they can enforce their will on your defense
  • We have a 4 headed monster in RB's that can wear down your defense
  • We have so much bulletin board material, from AD comments about Iowa's program, to the blown lead last year
  • This team has that something special about it...refusing to lose, if I could quote an old Husker saying.
  • Memorial stadium will not phase this team or QB
  • I really believe your coaching staff is really getting use to the style of play in the B1G and our staff is clicking on all cylinders this year
  • Most importantly...we are undefeated and have more to play for...even if it is senior day, bowl eligibility, etc
  • Iowa does best when no one gives the any respect...and everyone in Nebraska, national pundits are saying our streak stops Friday.
  • My thoughts are coined from Wyatt Earp, "Tell Nebraska Iowa is coming, and hell is coming with em!"
  • Iowa 31 Nebraska 17...Nebraska scores 10 points late.

Excellent breakdown.

I can't disagree with much of this, except for maybe the 2 bolded:

1) Iowa's OL is really good, but the strength of our defense is the DL, specifically the interior. And we are getting guys healthy. Iowa will get some yards, but I'd be surprised if Iowa can consistently gash the interior of our DL with the run game.

2) The only outcome that would shock me is if NU blows Iowa out. I think that this will be a close game. If Nebraska can keep the TO margin at zero or win it, I think that we can win this game. Not that it means anything, but I actually had a dream last night that Nebraska won.

I think that I can speak for the majority of football fans when I say that its a shocker to think that Nebraska is fighting to be bowl eligible and is looking to wreck Iowa's shot at the national championship. Crazy. But it should be an excellent atmosphere (glad its a 2:30 game), and the buildup to this game is starting to get fun.

Safe travels, and I hope you have a great time in Lincoln!

Excellent breakdown.

I can't disagree with much of this, except for maybe the 2 bolded:

1) Iowa's OL is really good, but the strength of our defense is the DL, specifically the interior. And we are getting guys healthy. Iowa will get some yards, but I'd be surprised if Iowa can consistently gash the interior of our DL with the run game. This is what Northwestern and Wisconsin thought too

2) The only outcome that would shock me is if NU blows Iowa out. I think that this will be a close game. If Nebraska can keep the TO margin at zero or win it, I think that we can win this game. Not that it means anything, but I actually had a dream last night that Nebraska wony Don't underestimate the Hawkeyes and how your AD disrespected our coach and program last year. Our coaching staff (Chris Doyle) in particular have had this game highlighted since the start of off-season workouts. Just think we have too much to play for, and a bye week tends to hurt a team more than help it, especially offensively.

I think that I can speak for the majority of football fans when I say that its a shocker to think that Nebraska is fighting to be bowl eligible and is looking to wreck Iowa's shot at the national championship. Crazy. But it should be an excellent atmosphere (glad its a 2:30 game), and the buildup to this game is starting to get fun.Not having been to a game in Lincoln for awhile...ideas on parking? Does the shuttle still run from Northstar HS? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

1) Iowa's OL is really good, but the strength of our defense is the DL, specifically the interior. And we are getting guys healthy. Iowa will get some yards, but I'd be surprised if Iowa can consistently gash the interior of our DL with the run game. This is what Northwestern and Wisconsin thought too

2) The only outcome that would shock me is if NU blows Iowa out. I think that this will be a close game. If Nebraska can keep the TO margin at zero or win it, I think that we can win this game. Not that it means anything, but I actually had a dream last night that Nebraska wony Don't underestimate the Hawkeyes and how your AD disrespected our coach and program last year. Our coaching staff (Chris Doyle) in particular have had this game highlighted since the start of off-season workouts. Just think we have too much to play for, and a bye week tends to hurt a team more than help it, especially offensively.

A few more days, and we'll all find out!:cool:

I think that I can speak for the majority of football fans when I say that its a shocker to think that Nebraska is fighting to be bowl eligible and is looking to wreck Iowa's shot at the national championship. Crazy. But it should be an excellent atmosphere (glad its a 2:30 game), and the buildup to this game is starting to get fun.Not having been to a game in Lincoln for awhile...ideas on parking? Does the shuttle still run from Northstar HS? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I haven't taken a shuttle for many years, we usually parked downtown somewhere. There are quite a few lots and parking garages south of the Stadium, just off of "O" Street where I normally try to park. It's a little bit of a walk, but what's nice about parking there is if you want to stick around and take in "O" Street or the Haymarket, get some food or drinks, etc, it's convenient. Good luck!

Here is parking lot info:

http://parking.unl.edu/football-game-day

Did a quick Google search and found this, not sure if it's still current:

https://www.lincoln.ne.gov/city/pworks/startran/programs/bigredex/

"Ride to and from all UNL Husker home football games from any of these six lots:
Municipal Service Center (I-80 Airport Exit #399)NW 12th & W Bond(turn right just past McDonald's)Southeast Community College88th & "O"Holmes Lake70th & NormalGateway Mall61st & "O"SouthPointe Pavilions27th & Pine LakeNorth Star High School (I-80 Exit #403)6 blocks east of North 27th & Folkways​

Shuttle service begins 2 hours prior to kickoff with the last bus leaving the lots 45 minutes prior to kickoff. Stadium unloading and loading location is on "R" Street, between 12th and 14th Streets. Buses return to the lots immediately after the game. Passengers will need exact change when boarding the bus.
$5 EACH WAY/$10 ROUND-TRIP
SEASON TICKETS $50.00......... A $20 SAVINGS!
Season Ticket Order Form (334 K)
pdf.gif

Must be received by August 19, 2015 to allow mailing time. No guarantee on receipt of tickets after this date.
For more information, call StarTran at 402-476-1234."

Edit: That got all messed up, the link will clean it up.

A few more days, and we'll all find out!:cool:

I haven't taken a shuttle for many years, we usually parked downtown somewhere. There are quite a few lots and parking garages south of the Stadium, just off of "O" Street where I normally try to park. It's a little bit of a walk, but what's nice about parking there is if you want to stick around and take in "O" Street or the Haymarket, get some food or drinks, etc, it's convenient. Good luck!

Here is parking lot info:

http://parking.unl.edu/football-game-day

Did a quick Google search and found this, not sure if it's still current:

https://www.lincoln.ne.gov/city/pworks/startran/programs/bigredex/

"Ride to and from all UNL Husker home football games from any of these six lots:
Municipal Service Center (I-80 Airport Exit #399)NW 12th & W Bond(turn right just past McDonald's)Southeast Community College88th & "O"Holmes Lake70th & NormalGateway Mall61st & "O"SouthPointe Pavilions27th & Pine LakeNorth Star High School (I-80 Exit #403)6 blocks east of North 27th & Folkways​

Shuttle service begins 2 hours prior to kickoff with the last bus leaving the lots 45 minutes prior to kickoff. Stadium unloading and loading location is on "R" Street, between 12th and 14th Streets. Buses return to the lots immediately after the game. Passengers will need exact change when boarding the bus.
$5 EACH WAY/$10 ROUND-TRIP
SEASON TICKETS $50.00......... A $20 SAVINGS!
Season Ticket Order Form (334 K)
pdf.gif

Must be received by August 19, 2015 to allow mailing time. No guarantee on receipt of tickets after this date.
For more information, call StarTran at 402-476-1234."

Thanks see ya in Lincoln!

Edit: That got all messed up, the link will clean it up.

"everything was consensual"

sounds like it was not a guy and a girl slipping away into the bedroom.

Sound like a gang bang to me.

Keep in mind - some of the shuttle routes leave from malls and it is Black Friday. I almost always just take the shuttle down from Gateway. You can completely avoid the downtown traffic that way and if you are heading home after the game it puts you on the correct side of town to hit I-80 heading East.

Southeast Community College88th & "O"
Holmes Lake70th & Normal
Gateway Mall61st & "O"

All three of these options have you outside of the bad traffic patterns after the game. Be aware that the major road into town from the east if parking on the East side of town is 84th street and it is currently down to 1 lane coming into town. Plan ahead and use a map (yeah go old school) and you can find a back way to any of those 3 locations pretty easily.

Latest posts