Nebraska has more problems

Those two Husker idiots could not have been more stupid hosting a drunken sex party, while being the face of their team.

You seem like a pretty decent and reasonable guy. Let me ask you a serious question. Are you sure you're a Husker fan? :p

I've never doubted my loyalty to the program, but some days are tough. Trust and believe, I get frustrated with our fan base.

Thanks tho!

My issue with the alleged quote is that in a case like this, unless the police officer caught them in the act, the district attorney makes the call of whether or not charges will be brought up. To have a uniformed cop or a detective come right out and say they won't be charged seems off.

I guess I read the story thinking that Tommy was not the accused. That seemed implied by his statements in the story. If he was one of the accused and the cop was not just trying to get him to let his guard down, that's horrible and I agree with you though.

We're all speculating at this point. I don't think anyone here knows who was accused.

You seem like a pretty decent and reasonable guy. Let me ask you a serious question. Are you sure you're a Husker fan? :p

Hunter's a good guy. He makes a lot of Husker fans mad over on the Husker board sometimes because he tends to call it like he sees it instead of drinking the kool-aid too much. Good person to get into a debate with but be sure to bring hard facts or he will roll you.

Before people start jumping to conclusions we need to let the facts come out. There have been too many cases of false allegations like this before. At this point we probably only have 1% of the details to draw any conclusions or determine if anyone is even charged.

I kind of got the impression that Armstrong was not being accused of anything. I don't think we have near enough evidence to have a clue what went down.

I've never doubted my loyalty to the program, but some days are tough. Trust and believe, I get frustrated with our fan base.

Thanks tho!

Serious question to you. Do you like your coach hire? Do you think Nebraska has the same recruiting disadvantages that Iowa and other Midwestern states have or do you still think the program has the clout it had in the past? What's your feel of your program?

We have our gems of fans as well. :eek: Welcome to the board.

Me as well. If they were having a party, could have been a number of non-football people.

From the sounds of it, there certainly was "a number" of people potentially involved.

I also saw a tweet picture where the OWH described the incident as "A DISTRACTION to a struggling Nebraska football team that appeared to turn a significant corner on Saturday....." They've since removed the "a distraction" part. Good Lord....a supposed reputable paper calling an alleged rape "a distraction"? Wow!

And there are multiple quotes from Armstrong stating that the police told him he "should be fine"?

And Riley says he didn't hear anything about it until a staff meeting at 11am on Tuesday.....which means none of the players interviewed communicated with their coach what happened for over 2 days.

I thought sexual assaults in IC were handled badly....but this might take the cake from what I'm seeing so far.....

Before people start jumping to conclusions we need to let the facts come out. There have been too many cases of false allegations like this before. At this point we probably only have 1% of the details to draw any conclusions or determine if anyone is even charged.

What bothers me the most is when fans start mentioning that the girl in these cases COULD be lying or trying to make accusations for some ridiculous reason. That absolutely infuriates me. IF that is proven to be the case after a trial or the girl admits it then fine, but jumping to that conclusion simply because a player or players on your favorite team may be in trouble is just disgusting. Whenever a girl shows up in the Emergency Room claiming she was raped it needs to be treated like she is the victim because in almost all cases she probably was. Even if it's as simple as she got too drunk and some guy(s) took advantage of her. That might not be enough to get them in trouble, but in my opinion it's still disgusting and I consider the female the victim. Any grown man in an environment like that should step in and tell his buddies that this chick is way too drunk or messed up and you are not going to take advantage of her like this. It's just not going to happen. Especially not in a situation where you are the face of a D1 football team. Don't put yourself in that situation you morons.

We have our gems of fans as well. :eek: Welcome to the board.

Thanks!

Serious question to you. Do you like your coach hire?

No. I think he's a good guy and a decent face of the program, but I don't think that he will be as "successful" as Pelini or Solich. I think he's pretty much Callahan 2.0. He may get a 10 win season or win the division, but he'll probably have more 7-5 type seasons than good seasons.

Do you think Nebraska has the same recruiting disadvantages that Iowa and other Midwestern states have or do you still think the program has the clout it had in the past? What's your feel of your program?

I think that we do have much of the same disadvantages, perhaps even more. The smaller population hurts. The current staff hasn't been able to lock down the borders to other states, and Bubak committed to ASU and Fant to Iowa (for now). The current recruits either weren't born or were too young to remember our last NC, heck even the last time we won a conference championship or played in the NC game. Most of their fathers remember, which helps a little. Our facilities rival anyone in the nation, and we do have a pretty impressive trophy case, albeit most of those trophies were from the previous millennium.

Right now, the program is in la-la land. Without a truly great coach and a staff that can regularly recruit top 15 classes, it will be difficult to compete for conference championships on a regular basis.

Hunter's a good guy. He makes a lot of Husker fans mad over on the Husker board sometimes because he tends to call it like he sees it instead of drinking the kool-aid too much. Good person to get into a debate with but be sure to bring hard facts or he will roll you.

Thanks!

Been trying to read about incident but appears to be a cone of silence around Nebraska. We all know if that happened at Iowa we would know names of the accused, who owns the house, and blood types. There has to be some accountability. Big Ten network ran a puff piece on Armstrong tonight. They must feel confident he is innocent to run that, if not they will look bad.

Been trying to read about incident but appears to be a cone of silence around Nebraska. We all know if that happened at Iowa we would know names of the accused, who owns the house, and blood types. There has to be some accountability. Big Ten network ran a puff piece on Armstrong tonight. They must feel confident he is innocent to run that, if not they will look bad.

I agree with the policy of withholding the name of the accused, at least until a warrant or arrest is made. It doesn't seem right that someone's reputation can be completely destroyed, even if later the accusation is found to be baseless. Not saying that's the case here, but it seems like a good policy to protect the accused as well as the accuser until an investigation finds strong enough evidence to proceed to the next level.

It doesn't seem like Armstrong is even the accused. Maybe he should get some shade thrown his way for hosting a debauched party on the team's bye week, but unless there's a change in information, that's about all that he's due.

I agree with the policy of withholding the name of the accused, at least until a warrant or arrest is made. It doesn't seem right that someone's reputation can be completely destroyed, even if later the accusation is found to be baseless. Not saying that's the case here, but it seems like a good policy to protect the accused as well as the accuser until an investigation finds strong enough evidence to proceed to the next level.

It doesn't seem like Armstrong is even the accused. Maybe he should get some shade thrown his way for hosting a debauched party on the team's bye week, but unless there's a change in information, that's about all that he's due.

Armstrong made such stupid comments to the media without going thru the proper channels, I think KF likely would have kicked him off the team in that situation. He embarrassed everyone involved, Lincoln PD, UNL and the football team (he's supposed to be the leader). Reportedly Mike Riley didn't even know about it until 11am Tuesday, when everybody else found out, and he's not happy about it.

Last edited:
74Hunter good to see you on the board. I am going to Lincoln for the big game with my two teenagers. Looking forward to silencing some of Husker Nation...LOL. Just curious your insight...I have watched every Husker game this year.

Some of my concerns about Nebraska:
  • Westerkamp is a possession type receiver that is willing to cross the middle and if Riley will be patient enough to dink the ball the down the field that may be successful.
  • Your TE's are capable receivers and I think Minnesota showed we have trouble there..although I believe we can right that ship.
  • Your read option, which resemble the old "Osborne" read option is a concern to me...although we are a good assignment football team there is always the chance Tommy breaks one.
  • Your defense is getting healthy...although your defense does not spark the fear of blackshirts past.
  • Your team is at that fragile point where they have suddenly tasted success, and that is a bonus for you
  • Bowl eligibility is on the cusp
  • Senior Day
  • Extra preparation, although most teams spit and sputter coming off bye weeks
Some of things that should concern Nebraska:
  • Our offense is perhaps the most balanced offense in the big ten.
  • We have the receivers, TE's and screen game to exploit your secondary.
  • Our TO margin is fantastic...Tommy is prone to interceptions, fumbles, and that is an issue
  • Our secondary is so good at baiting teams into trying to force passes into those layers between zones...we can pick those passes off
  • Our defense can and will make you one dimensional...love Tommy but he is a TO waiting to happen.
  • Special teams is in our favor...I feel in all phases
  • Our offensive line is really clicking and I think they can enforce their will on your defense
  • We have a 4 headed monster in RB's that can wear down your defense
  • We have so much bulletin board material, from AD comments about Iowa's program, to the blown lead last year
  • This team has that something special about it...refusing to lose, if I could quote an old Husker saying.
  • Memorial stadium will not phase this team or QB
  • I really believe your coaching staff is really getting use to the style of play in the B1G and our staff is clicking on all cylinders this year
  • Most importantly...we are undefeated and have more to play for...even if it is senior day, bowl eligibility, etc
  • Iowa does best when no one gives the any respect...and everyone in Nebraska, national pundits are saying our streak stops Friday.
  • My thoughts are coined from Wyatt Earp, "Tell Nebraska Iowa is coming, and hell is coming with em!"
  • Iowa 31 Nebraska 17...Nebraska scores 10 points late.

Last edited:

Latest posts