NCAA Why Not Des Moines

Omaha is definitely in a better position in terms of hotels. The Omaha Hilton has 600 rooms. Most in DSM believe we are a convention center hotel away from regularly getting these events.

DSM does or will have enough hotels by this year, the problem is most are in the 5-10 block range, not the 0-5 block range.

0-5 Blocks
Quality Inn 155 Rooms
Holiday Inn 251 Rooms
Ebassy Suites 234 Rooms
Raddison Savery

6-10 Blocks
Hyatt Place
Marriott 411 Rooms
Hampton Inn (to be completed in 2012) 128 Rooms
Extended Stay Hotel to be built in 2013-2015
Suites at 800 Locust 41 Rooms

11-15 Blocks
Hotel Fort Des Moines

Nasty run down hotels that no one wants to stay in don't count.

The Marriott, The Savery, and Embassy suites have all been renovated in the past 1-2 years.
The Hampton Inn hasnt broke ground yet.
Hyatt Place is brand new, also

Hotel Fort Des Moines was going to undergo a $42 Million renovation and be rebranded a Hilton, but financing fell through during the recession.

Last edited:
As I sit here and watch these games I noticed all these sites are half empty. So I ask the question would the NCAA rather have 10,000 in a 22,000 seat arena or have a packed arena here with17,000. Doesn't make sence to me why NCAA doesn't come to Des Moines.

They are.. The Women's NCAA Tournament Regionals will be played in Des Moines...

Lol.. you have to be the old "TylerSash", because:

1. You seem like a real negative and bitter person as well.
2. You seem like an *******, just like the old "TylerSash".

The Marriott is nasty and run down? Mmmmkay... you keep bashing on Des Moines hotels if it makes you feel better, brah.

The Marriott, The Savery, and Embassy suites have all been renovated in the past 1-2 years.
The Hampton Inn hasnt broke ground yet.
Hyatt Place is brand new, also

Hotel Fort Des Moines was going to undergo a $42 Million renovation and be rebranded a Hilton, but financing fell through during the recession.

I stayed at the Marriott in Neck Moines in October 2010. That place was absolutely filthy and completely run down. Have they renovated bince then?

They should only hold the NCAA tournament in cities that have a Peninsula or Ritz within walking distance of the arena, otherwise I will not attend.

The Marriott is nasty and run down? Mmmmkay... you keep bashing on Des Moines hotels if it makes you feel better, brah.

Last time I stayed there, it was really trashy. I get that if the Motel 6 in the Quad Cities is your idea of a nice motel, the Neck Moines Marriott might seem nice, but it was even crappier than the one at the RenCen in Detroit (and that one has ice on the windows in the winter). However, someone said it has been renovated recently, so maybe now it is nice.

You are clearly an illiterate idiot and prove it over and over again in every post. Where did I say anything about the Marriott? Hilarious you consistently attack me over and over again, you must be a huge loser in real life since you have to act like an internet tough guy.

I stayed at the Marriott in Neck Moines in October 2010. That place was absolutely filthy and completely run down. Have they renovated bince then?

They should only hold the NCAA tournament in cities that have a Peninsula or Ritz within walking distance of the arena, otherwise I will not attend.

Yes, last year. Actually they just finished up this year. http://www.businessrecord.com/main.asp?SectionID=45&SubSectionID=136&ArticleID=16295

BTW Four Seasons will put those shitholes to shame

Last edited:
Omaha is definitely in a better position in terms of hotels. The Omaha Hilton has 600 rooms. Most in DSM believe we are a convention center hotel away from regularly getting these events.

DSM does or will have enough hotels by this year, the problem is most are in the 5-10 block range, not the 0-5 block range.

0-5 Blocks
Quality Inn 155 Rooms
Holiday Inn 251 Rooms
Ebassy Suites 234 Rooms
Raddison Savery

6-10 Blocks
Hyatt Place
Marriott 411 Rooms
Hampton Inn (to be completed in 2012) 128 Rooms
Extended Stay Hotel to be built in 2013-2015
Suites at 800 Locust 41 Rooms

11-15 Blocks
Hotel Fort Des Moines

You are clearly an illiterate idiot and prove it over and over again in every post. Where did I say anything about the Marriott? Hilarious you consistently attack me over and over again, you must be a huge loser in real life since you have to act like an internet tough guy.

Lol.. I can't read? Man you're an idiot. Welcome back TylerSash, you ******* ******. Can you read that?

Last edited:
Last time I stayed there, it was really trashy. I get that if the Motel 6 in the Quad Cities is your idea of a nice motel, the Neck Moines Marriott might seem nice, but it was even crappier than the one at the RenCen in Detroit (and that one has ice on the windows in the winter). However, someone said it has been renovated recently, so maybe now it is nice.

I love how you act like you're soooo above everybody else when you came from a trailer. You'd think you'd be a little more humble and not so cocky, but I guess that's part of your "shtick".

I stayed at the Marriott in Neck Moines in October 2010. That place was absolutely filthy and completely run down. Have they renovated bince then? They should only hold the NCAA tournament in cities that have a Peninsula or Ritz within walking distance of the arena, otherwise I will not attend.
Yes, last year. Actually they just finished up this year. http://www.businessrecord.com/main.asp?SectionID=45&SubSectionID=136&ArticleID=16295BTW Four Seasons will put those shitholes to shame
I particularly like W's myself.

Last edited:

lmao, yep TSash is definitely back with a new user name.

You are east side trailer trash and a loser. Everyone knows you are a joke. I could care less who you think I am.

Keep it going guys...I love it. OK4P(nis)...yes the Marriott has been renovated bince you stayed there. They waited for your trailer park trash *** to leave before they cleaned the carpets. Channel 8 says we are a lock for the tourney now.

You are east side trailer trash and a loser. Everyone knows you are a joke. I could care less who you think I am.

I don't live on any side of town, brah, I live in the heart of the city. :)

And even if you're not the old TylerSash (which I think you definitely are), the screen name "Tskinner" is quickly becoming a known dbag around these parts, just like TylerSash was.

Latest posts