NCAA Football Preview - Northern Illinois Huskies

I have the clones at 7-5, with wins over TT, KU, Baylor, and WVU in conference. Maybe a win over KSU, but we can`t seem to beat those guys.

I don't mind you being confident in your team but a win over WV is pretty bold. WV's defense is going to struggle against B12 offenses but their own offense is frightning. I think they just scored another TD on Clemson.

Joking aside, this team scored 21 on LSU last year. Normally scoring 21 points is hardly great, but against LSU its off the charts.

I'd say ISU's chances against KSU are better.

Clonestar = ISUer?

Love how you can write checks that the cyclones won't be able to cash. I barely see 6 wins on your schedule. Good luck asshat.

Both teams will probably have some issues in the first half but Iowa will out power NIU in the second half unless they let the Huskies hang around and get confident.
NIU isn't as good as the Clowns. They only lost three games last year, and one of them was to ISU. And this year they are starting over with a lot of new pieces. Iowa needs a good tune up before the Clowns come to town and the Huskies will deliver. Iowa wins by 12 or more.

Once again, ISU will not be an easy team for us to beat this year. If they are, you can all come back and tell me I was wrong.

We'll have to blitz most likely, and we'll get burned at least once by them.

Betcha a dollar. That way if I win, someone might actually pay me.

This. Should be a great game and turnovers will probably determine who wins.

ummm. what?

NIU lost to ISU last year. They are not as good as the Clowns.
Last year they lost to Illinois, ISU and in the MAC championship game by 6 points or less. There seems to be a lot of speculation that Iowa will have trouble with them because they(NIU) played Iowa State tough last year. This isn't the same team. Iowa by 12.

Last edited:
NIU lost to ISU last year. They are not as good as the Clowns.
Last year they lost to Illinois, ISU and in the MAC championship game by 6 points or less. There seems to be a lot of speculation that Iowa will have trouble with them because they played Iowa State tough last year. This isn't the same team. Iowa by 12.

NIU lost to ISU TWO years ago when Hornish(sp?) didn't play and they had quite possibly the worst QB in the history of football. They didn't even play ISU last year. They lost to Kansas by 3 and Wiscy by 42 last year.

I don't mind you being confident in your team but a win over WV is pretty bold. WV's defense is going to struggle against B12 offenses but their own offense is frightning. I think they just scored another TD on Clemson.

Joking aside, this team scored 21 on LSU last year. Normally scoring 21 points is hardly great, but against LSU its off the charts.

I'd say ISU's chances against KSU are better.

My logic behind this prediction has to do with WVU playing the grind of a B12 schedule for the first time, and ISU gets them at home on Nat`l TV the day after Thanksgiving. Chances are the weather won`t be great and the clones have good depth.

My logic behind this prediction has to do with WVU playing the grind of a B12 schedule for the first time, and ISU gets them at home on Nat`l TV the day after Thanksgiving. Chances are the weather won`t be great and the clones have good depth.

You are waaaaaaaaaaaay overselling ISU's depth. Seriously. I would bet my season tickets that WVU has better depth than ISU. Certain positions maybe, but dude, you're Iowa State. Your never going to have team wide depth. Iowa has the same problem.

Clonestar = ISUer?

Love how you can write checks that the cyclones won't be able to cash. I barely see 6 wins on your schedule. Good luck asshat.

Six wins will not be easy with a strong schedule we play, no doubt. With Iowa`s schedule, that number goes to 9 wins. There were hawk fans last year that claimed no way the clones win 4 games with the schedule they had. There was one hawk fan in particular(hey sooz) that was going to bet a large sum of money with me, but he/she backed out. He/she changed usernames, and never was heard from again.

You are waaaaaaaaaaaay overselling ISU's depth. Seriously. I would bet my season tickets that WVU has better depth than ISU. Certain positions maybe, but dude, you're Iowa State. Your never going to have team wide depth. Iowa has the same problem.

ISU is redshirting every freshman except a kicker. That has not happened in forever. There is a system in place and it is working.

They are redshirting all the Freshmen in theory. Once the injuries start to pile up, the redshirts come off. ISU will be a tough challenge for Iowa but the home team seems to win this one more often than not. Hawks prevail by 3-7 points.

How did this thread to turn into an ISU thread?

One thing ISU and NIU do have in common is that there defenses aren't very good.

They are redshirting all the Freshmen in theory. Once the injuries start to pile up, the redshirts come off. ISU will be a tough challenge for Iowa but the home team seems to win this one more often than not. Hawks prevail by 3-7 points.

Clones are deep enough that no redshirts will be pulled unless there is a catastrophe at one position. Since this game is early in the year, Iowa will struggle even at home. You have too many issues to overcome. Clones win by a TD, unless JVB is stellar.

ISU is redshirting every freshman except a kicker. That has not happened in forever. There is a system in place and it is working.

I doubt even CPR knows who they are redshirting this year. Either that, or you have a terrible Freshman class. I'm sure Alabama will play several true Freshman this. If only they had ISU's depth, they wouldn't have to play them so soon.

Iowa State, stockpiling talent just so you can't have it!

Clones are deep enough that no redshirts will be pulled unless there is a catastrophe at one position. Since this game is early in the year, Iowa will struggle even at home. You have too many issues to overcome. Clones win by a TD, unless JVB is stellar.

You mean Iowa by at least two touchdowns.

"Iowa State, stockpiling talent just so you can't have it! ". Love it!

ISU stockpiling that 1 and 2 star talent so the Div 2 teams can't get them!

Latest posts