Nate Meier new commit

i still think DT for this guy. i assume he has the frame for 40 pounds of muscle.

nothing wrong with a fast, athletic DT - we've had some nice success stories with kids of his frame and athletic skill set out of high school. i'm guessing the kid has a small-town work ethic to top things off.

In the DM area, I would turn on the mediacom channel 22 once in a while, flipping through to see what's on. The state championship 8-man game replay was always on for whatever reason, and it was pretty entertaining so I watched parts of it. It was funny to watch because it sort of resembles a great pickup football game.

He dominated. He looked like a monster all-state DE from Ankeny or Valley... at running back. He was the best athlete on the field and the biggest body. I think he could play any number of positions and contribute in a huge way.

With that being said, I want to see him carry the ball. It's easy to make comparisons with football players, especially the glamorous position players. He reminds me of Ron Dayne, a 6'3'' Toby Gerhart, and a little bit of Marcus Coker.

I know I probably sound like an ABSOLUTE lunatic, comparing an Iowa 8-man player to Ron Dayne, but I'll take the criticism. As a hawk fan, I am really excited about his commitment.

In the DM area, I would turn on the mediacom channel 22 once in a while, flipping through to see what's on. The state championship 8-man game replay was always on for whatever reason, and it was pretty entertaining so I watched parts of it. It was funny to watch because it sort of resembles a great pickup football game.

He dominated. He looked like a monster all-state DE from Ankeny or Valley... at running back. He was the best athlete on the field and the biggest body. I think he could play any number of positions and contribute in a huge way.

With that being said, I want to see him carry the ball. It's easy to make comparisons with football players, especially the glamorous position players. He reminds me of Ron Dayne, a 6'3'' Toby Gerhart, and a little bit of Marcus Coker.

I know I probably sound like an ABSOLUTE lunatic, comparing an Iowa 8-man player to Ron Dayne, but I'll take the criticism. As a hawk fan, I am really excited about his commitment.

there are example all over NFL football fields of small town no name guys making a big impact. if you look at rosters, it's not a rare thing at all.

Yeah, I agree. We've seen it at Iowa especially. I think he can/will be in that mold.

My son & I were watching the Colts-Packers exhibition game late this summer. With Manning out, probably, the three biggest names in the game were Clark, Matthews & Rodgers. None of the three received scholarship offers out of high school.

Football is so different than basketball. Unlike football, there is no 7-foot white kid in Iowa that nobody has heard of that is better than Jared Sullinger. It happens all the time in football, but not in basketball.

i still think DT for this guy. i assume he has the frame for 40 pounds of muscle.

nothing wrong with a fast, athletic DT - we've had some nice success stories with kids of his frame and athletic skill set out of high school. i'm guessing the kid has a small-town work ethic to top things off.

This is the main reason I like Meier as a recruit, and other recruits Iowa gets like him (Iowa's love affair with TE recruits) -- versatility.

I could see Meier as a big RB/FB like I've said (not a fast one. A bruiser back, like Jeff Woody from Iowa State), a middle linebacker, or in a few years, a DL with a good first step like Iowa has a tradition of converting from other positions (King, Klug, Devries, Babineux, etc.). I'm not sure if he's tall and rangy enough to be a DE for Iowa, but I'm not sure about what Iowa looks for in that position.

cleans (320 pounds) and squat (430) & 385 the bench press. Went to state in the hurrdles. Big get, kid can play DE, RB, FB, LEO or WILL, MLB.. Has not hit his ceiling yet either. 6'2.5 at 235lbs, still has plenty of room to grow. Very pleased he's a hawkeye!!!

I think you're onto something here. This kid comes from a small town, with most likely not the best resources, such as weight rooms, coaches etc. and he has measuarbles like that. I like James Morris, but had he been from an eight man school, do we here about him, untill late in the process, or Pat Angerer and so on. Being from a school that plays eight man is a huge disadvantage to a kid that is not 6'8" weighing 300+. Can't wait to see where this kid can take it from here with the resources at Iowa. You just can't coach physical talent like this kid seems to have. I would be interested to compare his physical stats to say Q. Lambert, how do they match-up?

Lambert can bench 315-pounds & squat 400, also runs a 4.6. But he's a ball hawk, kids got amazing instincts.

Meier can actuall bench 400, & squat 455 plus he runs a 4.54 forty. Good thing about Meier is he's an amazing ATH that could develop instincts in whatever position we place him after a year.

I hope he's a MLB if lambert doesn't come, others what him to try to fulfill the powerback roll Coker left opened & if he fails move him to FB. Kid is solid muscle at 235 so he could easily put on 30 pounds and move to DE.... He projects to alot of spots.

Lambert can bench 315-pounds & squat 400, also runs a 4.6. But he's a ball hawk, kids got amazing instincts.

Meier can actuall bench 400, & squat 455 plus he runs a 4.54 forty. Good thing about Meier is he's an amazing ATH that could develop instincts in whatever position we place him after a year.

I hope he's a MLB if lambert doesn't come, others what him to try to fulfill the powerback roll Coker left opened & if he fails move him to FB. Kid is solid muscle at 235 so he could easily put on 30 pounds and move to DE.... He projects to alot of spots.
Exactly right. IDK if he'll ever be a Marcus Coker, but I know who I'm bettin on in a footrace!!

Latest posts