Nate Meier new commit

cleans (320 pounds) and squat (430) & 385 the bench press. Went to state in the hurrdles. Big get, kid can play DE, RB, FB, LEO or WILL, MLB.. Has not hit his ceiling yet either. 6'2.5 at 235lbs, still has plenty of room to grow. Very pleased he's a hawkeye!!!

Here is a quote from a rival site

Members2

1,908 posts
Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:56 PM
I have coached football at many levels, and he may be the best athletic speciman, and small town football player that I have seen and/or coached against. He is 6'2 and 245 lbs.... not an ounce of fat... He is also extremely fast...not quick, but fast. He was/is on the State track shuttle hurdle relay finalist and also qualified for the state track 110 high hurdles.

Check out his youtube video... Nate Meier breaks Iowa HS 8 man rushing record 500 yds. I understand that it is 8 man, but the Mackovicka's played 8 man. I remind you, as you watch the video, he is playing against what many believe was the second best 8 man team in the State of Iowa. His team won the state championship 80 - 6.

Hopefully we can lure him to walk on and see if he can develop. He is a BEAST....TRUST ME

from what i can find its not showing up anywhere that he committed nor does anybody show him with a offer, not saying he hasn't but none of the mods on the other site are reporting the committ, let alone a offer
and he looks more like a LB'r

from what i can find its not showing up anywhere that he committed nor does anybody show him with a offer, not saying he hasn't but none of the mods on the other site are reporting the committ, let alone a offerand he looks more like a LB'r

Ill take Moorehouse over you're "mods"

@marcmorehouse: According to Hawkeye Report, RB/LB Nate Meier is Iowa commit No. 20. He's 6-2, 235 out of Fremont-Mills, 8-man football.

I'm pleased with this kid. I love the small town Iowa kid that becomes a very good Hawkeye player. Obviously, he hasn't played any college ball but the Hawkeyes have had some good luck at taking 2star kids to great heights.

Fremont played against awful competition. Which is usually the case in 8-man. A few elite teams in the state but often one-sided. With that sad, this kid is athletic for his size. Chad Greenway turned out well from 8-man football.

Fremont played against awful competition. Which is usually the case in 8-man. A few elite teams in the state but often one-sided. With that sad, this kid is athletic for his size. Chad Greenway turned out well from 8-man football.

Greenway actually played 9-man.

This kid is going to be a monster at either DL or LB. Great job by the coaching staff to evaluate this kid and have the guts to pull the trigger.

Greenway actually played 9-man.

This kid is going to be a monster at either DL or LB. Great job by the coaching staff to evaluate this kid and have the guts to pull the trigger.

Good point. But I figured it was basically the same. Both play with different positions, formations and rules from traditional 11 man.

the sites are HI and HR, that have not said a thing.

Because it literally JUST happened, genius. It's going to take a few minutes to a couple of hours before they update the free portions of their site. They already have chatter in the pay areas.

Todd at 247sports says he was offered, will sleep on it tonight, and then commit before he leaves town tomorrow.