Nate Meier new commit

Looks like a solid player, but feels like a fallback recruit so who else did they miss out on...

Speculation that he fills the role of the JUCO Caldwell who's offer we pulled. He can play LB or DL. Also sort of fills the void left by Lambert since we have no other known LB offers out there.

Fremont played against awful competition. Which is usually the case in 8-man. A few elite teams in the state but often one-sided. With that sad, this kid is athletic for his size. Chad Greenway turned out well from 8-man football.

Actually, he played against some pretty good teams...Armstrong/Ringsted being one of them...and there were others. He is a very good athlete that just happens to be from a town where they play 8-man ball.

Give up on Kozan and Thomas? What? Hawkeyes still have 4 or 5 scholarships left.
I think Hawks get..Kozan, Thomas, Harris and possibly Draper still.

had a client who's son played 8 man football against him last year. his description was "a man among boys". KF loves to take guys like this right near signing day. and has a pretty good track record of them becoming contributors.

I don't Think he's a fall back recruit. I think ferentz has known what he's had here for a long time with this kid. He offers 6 months ago and it gives other programs to get in there and see what he's all about. Heard from a coach on a staff that plays Iowa, if they see an instate kid they like, the first thing they do is see if Iowa offered. If not, they assume the prospect isn't worth looking at or there is something wrong with the prospect. Ferentz had this one in his back pocket keeping him on the down low.

Latest posts