Music Thread

Talking Heads

The early CBS Demos (Dec 1975) - They were not signed.

David Byrne, Chris Frantz, and Tina Weymouth
(Jerry Harrison joined the group in March 1977)

The Neon Boys (Television) - Demos 1973

Tom Verlaine
Richard Hell
Billy Ficca

That's All I Know Right Now

Love Comes In Spurts (Very Early Version)

Television - Live CBGBs March 1974

Tom Verlaine
Richard Hell
Richard Loyd
Billy Ficca

This is ground zero for what became the New York punk & new wave scene. These are from the first concerts when CBGBs decided to change format. Television became the nucleus of a growing music scene at CBGBs.

Double Exposure

Blank Generation

Never heard of them.

A friend of mine who used to be a DJ in San Francisco in the early 70s sends me articles on local bands who are very popular in the Bay Area. This was one of them. They have been around about 10 years and are almost unknown. They remind me of Moby Grape who was one of the most loved SF bands in the late sixties and put on a rousing live performance at the Fillmore and the Avalon.....

:cool:

A friend of mine who used to be a DJ in San Francisco in the early 70s sends me articles on local bands who are very popular in the Bay Area. This was one of them. They have been around about 10 years and are almost unknown. They remind me of Moby Grape who was one of the most loved SF bands in the late sixties and put on a rousing live performance at the Fillmore and the Avalon.....

:cool:

I am familiar the west coast music scene from about the early 60 though to the early 80's, than not much after that. I'm familiar with the first Moby Grape album.

Modern Lovers Early Demos and Live - 1971

Road Runner Demo #1

I'm Straight

Wake up you sleepyheads

Plea For Tenderness
(Apparently this particular recording Richman sent to a chick he was dating. The producer kept a copy without asking. It became part of their repertoire.)

Foggy Notion (Velvet Underground cover)

Last edited:

Latest posts