Music Thread

From their first, and my favorite Skynard album (though I'm not a huge "Freebird" fan, it's OK) This stuff is so bluesy and so in Ronnie Van Zant's wheelhouse that it almost weeps in emotion. You can also hear the influence of early member (and future Blackfoot founder) Ricky Medlocke.

Ed King has passed on. He didn't go easy though, having had a heart transplant in 2011.....

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-45291435

I do like Ceramic Dog a lot. One that I have never heard of, along with quite a few of the bands on this thread.....

Ceramic Dog is one of guitarist Mark Ribot's many projects. Ribot is best known for his work in the New York jazz scene and frequent appearances on later Tom Wait's albums. Ceramic Dog is an outlet for material that leans toward rock and pop influences. I personally like his Latin jazz and some of his more conventional jazz material. Stylistically his work is all over the place and he has done session work on several hundred albums. I approach his work like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get. One song will be totally fantastic, and the next will be in a totally different direction, and some of them will be like what the hell was that.

Ceramic Dog is one of guitarist Mark Ribot's many projects. Ribot is best known for his work in the New York jazz scene and frequent appearances on later Tom Wait's albums. Ceramic Dog is an outlet for material that leans toward rock and pop influences. I personally like his Latin jazz and some of his more conventional jazz material. Stylistically his work is all over the place and he has done session work on several hundred albums. I approach his work like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get. One song will be totally fantastic, and the next will be in a totally different direction, and some of them will be like what the hell was that.

I am going to have to look his work up and listen to it.....

Thank You

:cool:

Wow! Gary Rossington is the only one left. Ed's contributions to Lynard Skynard, like much of his career, were underrated and unappreciated.

@#1DieHardHawk has a nice post about Ed King in one of the earlier entries to this thread.

It is like the Shadows of Knight were hanging over Them.....

At about the 1:09 mark it looks like Jarrod Uthoff is playing guitar.....

Last edited:
It is like the Shadows of Night were hanging over Them.....

At about the 1:09 mark it looks like Jarrod Uthoff is playing guitar.....
Kind of like The Ramones. None of who made it to sixty..

I looked up the date of Skynard's plane crash (Oct 20, 1977) then did the math to figure out what day of the week it occurred. Had it been on a Tuesday (Tuesday's Gone) I probably would have lost it. But alas, it happened on a Thursday.

It's bad enough that the original album cover "Street Survivors" shows flames shooting up behind the band members.

Here's another. The back cover on the CD of Metallica's "Ride the Lightning" shows bolts flashing across the cover and individual pictures of the band members playing live. The only one who is hit by the bolts is Cliff Burton.

Kind of like The Ramones. None of who made it to sixty..

I looked up the date of Skynard's plane crash (Oct 20, 1977) then did the math to figure out what day of the week it occurred. Had it been on a Tuesday (Tuesday's Gone) I probably would have lost it. But alas, it happened on a Thursday.

It's bad enough that the original album cover "Street Survivors" shows flames shooting up behind the band members.

Here's another. The back cover on the CD of Metallica's "Ride the Lightning" shows bolts flashing across the cover and individual pictures of the band members playing live. The only one who is hit by the bolts is Cliff Burton.

Somewhat strange.....

Premonitions of Doom.....

Might be better having the band members in the tub playing with rubber ducks.....

I can't let this die

shameless self promotion -

my band is putting out a new album - here is the lyric video for one of the songs

you can buy the new album at our website or Itunes - comes on 9.21.18

from us
https://ponycreekband.com/store

from Ituneshttp://itunes.apple.com/album/id1425231459?ls=1&app=itunes

Alright, Alright, Alright.....

Very nice music. This is the style of country rock that I really like. I would be surprised if this song didn't make the charts, if they still have such things. It certainly deserves to be noticed and listed.....

Existentialist do have a song.

The Fugs - Nothing

Never expected The Fugs to be posted here. In 1966 my girlfriend and I hitchhiked from DM to Philadelphia, stayed with my relatives and took the Hound to NYC where we caught The Fugs in the East Village. Then we stayed at an
NYU fraternity house where a couple of friends were living in the Summer while almost everyone else had gone home.....

dog-roth-obit-2-articleLarge.jpg

I still have their first album, well worn but in good condition.....

Alright, Alright, Alright.....

Very nice music. This is the style of country rock that I really like. I would be surprised if this song didn't make the charts, if they still have such things. It certainly deserves to be noticed and listed.....

Hey man - thanks a ton - we're kind of a southern rock country - almost more rock in some spots. I was in a punk band for most of my younger years, but realized not many people were still listening that that kind of stuff, so I went back to what I knew when I was kid and my dad's influences like Buck Owens, Merle, Yoakam, Waylon etc. We have my self and my partner Billie on lead vocals for most of our stuff. We have another full on music video that is suppose to drop the day our album comes out (9.21.18) and I'll post it here. We're on Spotify, Apple music, AMI jukeboxes nationwide. Check us out. Make fun of us - but just click on my shit :)

www.ponycreekband.com

Latest posts