Music Thread

This should have been Sammy's album all the way. Diamond Dave had outlived his usefulness and trying to sing over the more complex arrangements that Eddie was starting to favor was beyond his skill set. I've heard that even for 1984 they wouldn't let Roth near the studio until every possible element was in place and all he had to do was lay down his vocal tracks.
Sammy wasn't quite the flamboyant, boisterous frontman Roth was but was, and still is, a much stronger singer.

An early example of how Jimmy Page wasn't afraid to shift gears and display some textural range in Zeppelin's songs. The legions of imitators who tried in vain to match Zeppelin's raw percussive power found out they had no chance matching the other end. Page and Jones were two of the most seasoned studio pros around and singers who tried to match the gravitas in Robert Plant's vocals often ended up sounding silly.

Page would get even more adventurous with the next release, Led Zeppelin III, one my favorite Zep releases along with Houses of the Holy.

Jimmy's solo sounds eerily reminiscent to one of those who idolized him most,, the great Tommy Bolin.

Last edited:
I think I like the studio version a bit better.....

cc43833dbc8de26bb9c44fffaae71a6a.jpg

:cool:

Latest posts