Music Thread

A couple of my faves from Sioux City's own...
For a scattering of styles, "Teaser" sure had it's share of inspiring moments. "Marching Powder" was one of two powerhouse instrumentals on the album. And when Tommy's bending the strings you know it's going to be powerhouse. "The Grind" had strong Deep Purple undertones, "Savannah Woman" and "People People" were jazzy, "Dreamer" was a power ballad that easily could have been covered by Billy Joel or Garth Brooks, "Teaser" had some strong Steely Dan vocal influences, "Wild Dogs" showed Jimmy Page/Led Zeppelin inspired textural range (not to mention the stereophonic workout that DieHard loves) and "Lotus" added a touch of psychodelica.

This was my version of Teaser. Some people who own it may have got different packages of songs than my version. Private Eyes was a more consistent album in terms of one version of the release, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
For a scattering of styles, "Teaser" sure had it's share of inspiring moments. "Marching Powder" was one of two powerhouse instrumentals on the album. And when Tommy's bending the strings you know it's going to be powerhouse. "The Grind" had strong Deep Purple undertones, "Savannah Woman" and "People People" were jazzy, "Dreamer" was a power ballad that easily could have been covered by Billy Joel or Garth Brooks, "Teaser" had some strong Steely Dan vocal influences, "Wild Dogs" showed Jimmy Page/Led Zeppelin inspired textural range (not to mention the stereophonic workout that DieHard loves) and "Lotus" added a touch of psychodelica.

This was my version of Teaser. Some people who own it may have got different packages of songs than my version. Private Eyes was a more consistent album in terms of one version of the release, if that makes sense.

Much as I loved Teaser, I prefer Private Eyes as a more complete and well-rounded album. However, Marching Powder would certainly be "worthy" of being on Private Eyes :)

Much as I loved Teaser, I prefer Private Eyes as a more complete and well-rounded album. However, Marching Powder would certainly be "worthy" of being on Private Eyes :)
If you have Sirius XM and go to channel 27 "Deep Tracks" you will occasionally hear his work in James Gang or even Zephyr.

Okay, I'm going to go in a completely different direction here.

I'm not an an avid big band or jazz person, but there's just something about this Glenn Miller piece.

Sammy Hagar liked to make songs for soundtracks back in the day. Here's the first of many ... from Footloose.

Sammy Hagar liked to make songs for soundtracks back in the day. Here's the first of many ... from Footloose.

I have mixed feelings about Sammy. Some of his stuff is pretty borderline, but, I always liked this tune as a solo artist, though, and also the second is my favorite with Van Halen.

Latest posts