Music Thread

Velvet Underground - Ocean - (studio outtake - Loaded sessions)

Recorded for Loaded album in 1970. Late in the Loaded album sessions their manager, Steve Sesnick tried to bring in John Cale to work on the album. I'm not even sure Lou Reed was present at that point. He'd left the session (and the band) before the album was complete. Cale added organ and cello to Ocean but did no further work with the group. Not released on the Loaded album the song was finally released in 1995, twenty five years after it was recorded.

Last edited:
Velvet Underground - Who Loves the Sun (Mono Version) - 1970

The Velvet Underground's answer to George Harrison's "Here Comes the Sun" Doug Yule on vocal.

Velvet Underground - I Found a Reason (Stereo Mix)

Cool It Down (Stereo Mix)

Rock & Roll (Full Length Mono Mix)

New Age (Full Length Stereo Mix) - Doug Yule vocal

Last edited:
Velvet Underground - Ride Into the Sun - Studio Outtake - Doug Yule Vocal

Lonesome Cowboy Bill (Alternate Mix) - Doug Yule Vocal

I Found A Reason - Demo

I Love You - Demo

Last edited:

These folks, Duran Duran, A Flock of Seagulls, The Outfield, The Human League, Simple Minds.....all constituted the "second British invasion" of the early to mid 80s. Like a lot of air play of the day, AM radio ran the music into the ground and personally, I ignored most of it. Upon discovering these bands again, they really are good. Duran Duran was the Godzilla of the time....their song "A View to Kill" became the only #1 hit from a James Bond movie (sucky movie, great song). Good stuff,

Last edited:
Thank you for The Sweet. Here's one of my favorites of theirs. After being a pop act, they went the other way. Must play this version.

It's ironic that Sweet was posted.

Yesterday, "Love Is Like Oxygen" came on the radio and I was planning on posting it. Cool band.

I always liked "Fox On the Run," and still do, but "Ballroom Blitz" got a little tiring after the first 1000 or so airings.

Yesterday, "Love Is Like Oxygen" came on the radio and I was planning on posting it. Cool band.

I always liked "Fox On the Run," and still do, but "Ballroom Blitz" got a little tiring after the first 1000 or so airings.
Some great deep tracks on "Desolation Boulevard". "The Six-Teens" "No You Don't" "AC/DC" Unbelievably influential band. From a musical standpoint may have been the Motley Crue of the 1970's. Others have called them Europe's answer to Cheap Trick.

Saw them play before Rush @ McElroy Auditorium, oh gosh, when was that.....1976, or so....

No shortened version here....nosirreee. Enjoy.

Villanova, being a Philadelphia area contender for the throne, it is entirely feasible to play a song by The Restorations.....

:cool:

Latest posts