Music Thread

The other one is this:

Sympathy For The Devil is such a signature Stones tune that it's hard for anyone to do a successful cover. I always liked Brian Ferry's cover. I like to think of it as a lounge lizard version of the original. It helped Brian Ferry's crooning sounded a bit like Bela Lugosi.

Reminds me of my various trips to The Big Easy

BTW...the entire album is excellent. Not a dog cut in the bunch.

Decent songs. I guess the only complaint about the album at the time, was that Stewart had run low on his own material. The album had a lot of good covers on it though.

The barking dogs at the beginning of the album might have been a bad move too. :confused:

A lot of GREAT music and comments on this thread, with many memories stirred up. Thanks, everyone!

Considering albums that are the best of all time, I know the one I am going to list won't make most people's list, but I can listen to it from top to bottom and have many times.

I am sure that me living in Phoenix in the 90's has a lot to do with my like for this, but either way it is a great album. Most of you probably know "Banditos", but it was way overplayed. Every song jams for me, and my 20 year old son loves it as well.

The Refreshments were overshadowed by the Gin Blossoms to a large degree, but I personally would give the Refreshments the nod. I remember seeing both bands in bars in Tempe before they became more famous. Good times.

I took a look at a few songs by the Refreshments. I hadn't heard of either the Refreshments or Gin Blossoms. Reminds me a bit of other alternative bands from the late 80's early 90's; Cracker, Wilco, Son Volt, and Camper Van Beethoven.

Latest posts