Music Thread

Reinvented what a guitar could do at a time when it was sorely needed. Heavy metal and hair metal would soon follow suit. His composition skills also steadily grew to the point where David Lee Roth could no longer keep up, and he had to replace him with Sammy Hagar. Listening today to David Lee Roth try to tackle the 1984 album is laughable. That album should have been Sammy's.

Eddy Van Halen's legacy right here. Find me a more talented hard rock band from the last decade deeply influenced by Van Halen. Seriously.

Now for an episode of "What the Hell Am I Watching?"

More of an Iron Maiden thing going with this band.

(Wouldn't be surprised if these get taken off Youtube within 48 hours and half dozen other copies go up.)

If you listen to "The Audible Podcast" with Stuart Mandel and Bruce Feldman you'll recognize this.

Reinvented what a guitar could do at a time when it was sorely needed. Heavy metal and hair metal would soon follow suit. His composition skills also steadily grew to the point where David Lee Roth could no longer keep up, and he had to replace him with Sammy Hagar. Listening today to David Lee Roth try to tackle the 1984 album is laughable. That album should have been Sammy's.

I remember Sammy from Montrose. Rock The Nation, Bad Motor Scooter, Space Station #5

The Midnight Special always showcased a unique mix of talent.

This one-hit Canadian band is a good example.

The Midnight Special always showcased a unique mix of talent.

This one-hit Canadian band is a good example.
First time I ever saw, or heard of, KISS was on the Midnight Special.

By the late 1970's they would start showing music videos as well, foreshadowing MTV. First time I ever saw the video for "Love Stinks" by J Gail's Band was on that show as well.

Latest posts