Murray Twins Commit to Iowa

Do we know what kind of competition they are putting up these numbers against.

Kenyon Murray occasionally posts some highlights on Twitter, although i have no idea how many other players in the league have d1 offers though, if any. My impression is it's better competition than Iowa high school at least

Kenyon Murray occasionally posts some highlights on Twitter, although i have no idea how many other players in the league have d1 offers though, if any. My impression is it's better competition than Iowa high school at least

I suspect defense is "optional".

FWIW, Spent two winters in the Bradenton area and saw many IMG prep games and also several of Windermere Prep games in the Orlando area. Both of these teams play DME. The talent level is very high, as an example, Armando Bacot of UNC played at IMG last year. While I was there several years ago I saw the future player of the year in the PAC-12, a 3 yr starter for FSU, a starter for UNLV, a starter for Kentucky and many more. Most of these prep schools are loaded with Div I players. I think we were very fortunate to have signed the Murray twins.
Not sure about DME but these prep schools usually have a few scheduled games with JC schools.

Last edited:
FWIW, Spent two winters in the Bradenton area and saw many IMG prep games and also several of Windermere Prep games in the Orlando area. Both of these teams play DME. The talent level is very high, as an example, Armando Bacot of UNC played at IMG last year. While I was there several years ago I saw the future player of the year in the PAC-12, a 3 yr starter for FSU, a starter for UNLV, a starter for Kentucky and many more. Most of these prep schools are loaded with Div I players. I think we were very fortunate to have signed the Murray twins.

Good info. will be interesting to see how they stack up against IMG

Not sure about DME but these prep schools usually have a few scheduled games with JC schools.
Thanks! Great info! I love how some posters just jump on recruits they don't hear about because they don't have a certain number of stars or offers. I'm hoping they have their dad's work ethic with some a few more skills on offense. If so, they'd have a good chance to be good pickups for the Hawks.

Once in a great while, stars align and weird stuff happens. Imagine the impact when we have opposing teams seeing "double"! Maybe I am a glass half full kind of guy (today, anyway), but I have a good feel about this.

Once in a great while, stars align and weird stuff happens. Imagine the impact when we have opposing teams seeing "double"! Maybe I am a glass half full kind of guy (today, anyway), but I have a good feel about this.

Hard not to. They're legacy kids, they're both 6'9", and they're both athletic. Hopefully not being heavily recruited out of high school lit a fire under their ass and they have spent a whole year doing nothing but growing and playing basketball. To me there really is no downside. Sure you use 2 schollys but with transfers and early departures a normal thing....plus 2 of the coaches sons on the team...the scholarships don't really mean much.

I've watched a few minutes of a handful of their DME games when I've got downtime out work and really bored. They look to be the best players on the floor at all times. They man the point on the press and create a lot of turnovers with their length. Good shooters, pretty skilled for their size. These games are sloppy though and tough for me to watch for extended periods, it makes it tough to tell how good the other players are. These kids are pretty athletic, great length, skilled for 6'9". I think they will be at least decent role players at Iowa.

Well it sounds like their team got blasted by IMG so it was either a really rough night or the other opponents they have played were significantly worse. Probably some of both.

Well it sounds like their team got blasted by IMG so it was either a really rough night or the other opponents they have played were significantly worse. Probably some of both.

I've watched some of their full games. I hate to say it, but a number of them have looked like a 4a team playing a 1a team in Iowa basketball. You can still improve against that kind of competition, but you need to have the focus to bring it against the good teams. A 33 point loss is not a good sign. Count me as significantly more skeptical of the 2xMurray backup plan again.

I've watched some of their full games. I hate to say it, but a number of them have looked like a 4a team playing a 1a team in Iowa basketball. You can still improve against that kind of competition, but you need to have the focus to bring it against the good teams. A 33 point loss is not a good sign. Count me as significantly more skeptical of the 2xMurray backup plan again.
Maybe and they might be redshirt candidates. The thing is I don’t think we need them to be anything more then role players. Having 6’8 kids who can come off the bench and shoot it and play quality defense would be fine.

I think I will go way out on a limb with these two and wait until I see them in a Hawkeye uniform before I start passing judgement.

Latest posts