Moss Transferring

Fran must be really smelly. He can’t seem to find his right guard. :D Although Moss is his roll on now. :eek: To some DEGREE a player had to get the AXE. It’s no SECRET that Fran has trouble with recruiting SPEED to STICK with Iowa. Maybe a new transfer can add some IRISH SPRING to the team but I am not SURE. The defense really needs to DIAL it up and BAN together as a team. I know that’s a DRY IDEA but it has the SCENT of truth. As long as Barta is here Fran will GLIDE on through anything negative. They seem to have an ALLEGIANCE to each other. The only hope is for Fran to sign a five star player who has PURE & NATURAL ability’s.

And yes there is a deodorant called “Big D” which like this post really stinks. :p

giphy.gif

:cool:

I really liked Moss. He was a valuable member of the team and his play was instrumental his freshman season. He was the only freshman, other than Bo who had an understanding of the game......

There was confusion on the floor most times early in the season and when Moss was in the game things settled down. He had the basic fundamentals necessary to play the game.....

He will be missed for certain. Like every other player on the floor in college basketball, he had ups and downs, good games and bad and many mediocre games, but when he was on, we usually won.....

I personally will miss his play.....

I understand when people use the term mediocre. But shit show?

I didn’t reference that properly I meant starting this season will enter the beginning of the shit show. I think Iowa basketball is going to struggle mightily the next 3 years. I hope Fran proves me wrong but I think Iowa Basketball is in trouble! I don’t see any NCAA appearances on the horizon.

I really liked Moss. He was a valuable member of the team and his play was instrumental his freshman season. He was the only freshman, other than Bo who had an understanding of the game......

There was confusion on the floor most times early in the season and when Moss was in the game things settled down. He had the basic fundamentals necessary to play the game.....

He will be missed for certain. Like every other player on the floor in college basketball, he had ups and downs, good games and bad and many mediocre games, but when he was on, we usually won.....

I personally will miss his play.....

I liked Moss also, although I thought after his freshman I thought he would have made tremendous strides and go on to be more of a scorer like Jok was. It just seemed that he just couldn’t get over the hump and be a consistent and reliable player. One game he looked great and the next he seemed absent. I wish him the best moving forward. If someone doesn’t step up their game Moss will be a significant loss next year.

I didn’t reference that properly I meant starting this season will enter the beginning of the shit show. I think Iowa basketball is going to struggle mightily the next 3 years. I hope Fran proves me wrong but I think Iowa Basketball is in trouble! I don’t see any NCAA appearances on the horizon.

Possibly. But Wieskamp, Garza, and Bohannon are probably too good of players to fall into the shit show category next year. If Wiesamp is still here the following year he will probably be 1st team Big 10 and senior Garza will be close behind at the very least. 2 players that good make it really hard to fall into the shit show category. After that, it will be almost an entirely new roster so there is no way to know how good or bad it will be.

Possibly. But Wieskamp, Garza, and Bohannon are probably too good of players to fall into the shit show category next year. If Wiesamp is still here the following year he will probably be 1st team Big 10 and senior Garza will be close behind at the very least. 2 players that good make it really hard to fall into the shit show category. After that, it will be almost an entirely new roster so there is no way to know how good or bad it will be.

Yep, that’s what people thought during Woodbury’s senior season. How did that work out? Sometimes things just don’t go as expected especially for Hawkeye basketball and football seasons. Usually when expectations are low is when Iowa surprises.

Yep, that’s what people thought during Woodbury’s senior season. How did that work out? Sometimes things just don’t go as expected especially for Hawkeye basketball and football seasons. Usually when expectations are low is when Iowa surprises.

I'm not following you. Are you saying people thought the following year was going to be a shit show after Woody?

I'll revisit my previous assertion. It ain't gonna end well for Fran. Starting 2 of his kids on a team that struggles ain't gonna be pretty. It'll make the Mr. Davis and Alford exits look like walks in the park.

It’s wont be because of the players

I'll revisit my previous assertion. It ain't gonna end well for Fran. Starting 2 of his kids on a team that struggles ain't gonna be pretty. It'll make the Mr. Davis and Alford exits look like walks in the park.

I sense this as well and couple that with Fran’s sketchy coaching ability sorry but this ends in a shit show. I see this as a recipe for disaster!!!

I'm not following you. Are you saying people thought the following year was going to be a shit show after Woody?

People thought that squad when Woody was a senior was going to be really good and make a run in the big dance because of all the experience. There are some on here that are thinking the same thing about this upcoming year because of experience. I am just using Woody’s senior year to show that it doesn’t always work out hat way. It seems really true for the football team. When there are high expectations for an upcoming football team that’s when we seem to struggle. It is so frustrating as a hawk fan to suffer through this.

Why can’t we just have a really good squad in either sport with high expectations come out a fulfill those expectations and just sit and enjoy a great team as the destroy opponents and roll through a season.................. especially in basketball for a full season like in the 1986-87 team? You just felt like they were going to win every game. Kirk can drive you crazy also with his extreme ball control type of offense that is painful to watch.

Last edited:

You base this on what? We will still be starting 3 and 4 star recruits. They will be worse than usual why?

People thought that squad when Woody was a senior was going to be really good and make a run in the big dance because of all the experience. There are some on here that are thinking the same thing about this upcoming year because of experience. .

We just lost two of our most experienced players.

Latest posts