Moss Transferring

Moss could make some shots, but, that said, he isn't the type of player that helps Iowa win consistently. Iowa needs players who love to play defense and who relish playing it and who are difficult to play against. Moss loved to float around and look for the three, other aspects of his game were below average. His "flash plays" covered up his weaknesses which hurt the team. I never looked him as a "team" player.

It is "odd" that he is leaving but I would guess there is a good reason, hopefully Iowa will end up being a better team and he will excel wherever his dream leads him.

Fran must be really smelly. He can’t seem to find his right guard. :D Although Moss is his roll on now. :eek: To some DEGREE a player had to get the AXE. It’s no SECRET that Fran has trouble with recruiting SPEED to STICK with Iowa. Maybe a new transfer can add some IRISH SPRING to the team but I am not SURE. The defense really needs to DIAL it up and BAN together as a team. I know that’s a DRY IDEA but it has the SCENT of truth. As long as Barta is here Fran will GLIDE on through anything negative. They seem to have an ALLEGIANCE to each other. The only hope is for Fran to sign a five star player who has PURE & NATURAL ability’s.

And yes there is a deodorant called “Big D” which like this post really stinks. :p

Did you buy a new TV with your tax return?

Iowa needs players who love to play defense and who relish playing it and who are difficult to play against.
You'd be lucky to find a handful of Fran's players that would fit this description, over his 9 seasons here. Moss doesn't fit this label either, so your point stands. But Fran doesn't recruit players that fit this description, so I wouldn't hold my breath looking for these attributes in the player that replaces him. You'll be disappointed.

Rotation problem solving itself...typically does. If he were leaving and we had 2 players not named McCaffery would these posts be the same. Being named McCaffery doesn’t mean they can’t play. Moss would have helped us. But the jury is out on the end result.

Two of our weaker defenders are more now gone. We wanted a better defensive team right?
According to defensive win shares, Iowa has lost their #1, #2, and #4 defenders from last year.

You'd be lucky to find a handful of Fran's players that would fit this description, over his 9 seasons here. Moss doesn't fit this label either, so your point stands. But Fran doesn't recruit players that fit this description, so I wouldn't hold my breath looking for these attributes in the player that replaces him. You'll be disappointed.
Concur, it is the type of player Iowa needs, but has been lacking. Fran tries to play "blueblood" ball with Mid-major talent. Doesn't work that well. I am hoping for some big jumps in Iowa BB.

This is interesting. A guy Fran had offered previously and had on campus before Toussaint committed. Backup plan for Moss's departure?

247 still has his interest with Iowa as "warm" and we're by far his best offer. Unless they just haven't updated it in 9 months or so. Wouldn't shock me, though bringing in another pg doesn't seem to make sense. Then again, he's listed as 6' 3" at least.

247 still has his interest with Iowa as "warm" and we're by far his best offer. Unless they just haven't updated it in 9 months or so. Wouldn't shock me, though bringing in another pg doesn't seem to make sense. Then again, he's listed as 6' 3" at least.
I’m not sure that Iowa still has a committable offer but maybe. The timing is very interesting, but just haven’t heard anything from the recruiting guys about him in months.

At 6’3 he could definitely play the 2 spot and based on videos would be a nice upgrade athletically for us.

Would be a very interesting development.

Fran must be really smelly. He can’t seem to find his right guard. :D Although Moss is his roll on now. :eek: To some DEGREE a player had to get the AXE. It’s no SECRET that Fran has trouble with recruiting SPEED to STICK with Iowa. Maybe a new transfer can add some IRISH SPRING to the team but I am not SURE. The defense really needs to DIAL it up and BAN together as a team. I know that’s a DRY IDEA but it has the SCENT of truth. As long as Barta is here Fran will GLIDE on through anything negative. They seem to have an ALLEGIANCE to each other. The only hope is for Fran to sign a five star player who has PURE & NATURAL ability’s.

And yes there is a deodorant called “Big D” which like this post really stinks. :p

Dude how long did it take you to look up all those brand names?

Umm. Connor got 19 minutes per game and if P ain’t better than C, then god help us all.
Garza/Kreiner will get the same amount of minutes at the 5.
Nunge/Pemsl will get Cook/Baer's minutes at the 4.
That leaves 36.6 minutes per game to split between Joe T, PMac and CJ. Assuming CM's minutes don't go up from 19 mins, that is. PMac is the obvious choice to back up Joe W at the 3. JW played 27.7 mins per last season. His minutes could increase to 30. Maybe 12-15 is too high but who would have thought CM would have played 19, before the season started?

I am really getting a chuckle out of the references to Fran's boys. I was just trying to imagine how much ammunition would be expended if both of them, or even one, had turned down Iowa's offer and went elsewhere. Can you say "dumpster fire?" Also interesting that Connor got thrown into the BT fire as a freshman. Sounds like Patrick may face the same hot spot. I think I will hang around for a couple of years and see what kinds of threads may surface.

Iowa Basketball will be an even greater Shit show beginning this 2019/2020 season. I envision this season is the kickoff for the 2 to 3 year farewell tour for Fran n Company. :cool::cool:

Iowa Basketball will be an even greater Shit show beginning this 2019/2020 season. I envision this season is the kickoff for the 2 to 3 year farewell tour for Fran n Company. :cool::cool:

I understand when people use the term mediocre. But shit show?

So we have gone from Tight End U to Cracker U?

For the people who think losing Moss isn't a big deal...its a huge loss...unless you can bring in someone immediately that has D1 power 5 experience. Your players become more valuable the longer they are in the system.

Latest posts