Moss Transferring

This year could get really ugly really fast. By that I mean Iowa fans are gonna turn on Connor if he is given the keys to the team as the starting PG, when he is what he is. He is a workman like PG, not one that is gonna wow you.

Doesn't matter who is on the court as long as we win.

Every loss will be scrutinized to the max though and lots of blame will fall on the coaches kids even if it isn't fair.

A team full of slow white guys isn't going to compete in the B1G. You can argue it all you want but you know it's true.

Anyone know what is normal for time on the transfer portal? I figured we'd hear a destination by now...

Maybe Fran is trying to convince him to come back. It's unlikely he sees more minutes somewhere else than he would at Iowa this coming season.

Maybe Fran is trying to convince him to come back. It's unlikely he sees more minutes somewhere else than he would at Iowa this coming season.

Exactly my thoughts. If I were Fran, I’d make the case to him that he’ll have a completely different role this year. He will split time at the 2 and 3 and often be the primary scoring option averaging as many minutes as he can per game. He’ll get a quick driving “true” PG to help him showcase his skill set and he’d go from about 25 minutes to somewhere near 32-35. He’d take some of Baer’s minutes at the 3 (perhaps a better fit for him) while easing us into the CJ Fredrick era at the 2 by remaining our primary option. If he focuses on being more of a slasher and providing tenacious/quick minutes at SF, I think he could drastically improve his draft stock, help us win a lot of games, and be significantly better off staying than going to a smaller school to be a star or riding the bench as he learns the system at a powerhouse.

I have a feeling

Merely a mild feeling

That PMac is going to surprise everyone

With his scoring ability

He is adept at taking the ball to the hole in traffic

We shall see

NoneTheLess

We Will Miss The Moss

A RollingStone Gathers No Moss

:cool:

Yuck. This just turned pretty bad. He isn't looking at stepping down a level at all. He isn't looking for an expanded role. He just wasn't happy here. That's a real bad sign. Much worse then I thought originally.

Yep, there goes the "Moss wanted more playing time" meme. Either he didn't like Fran, he didn't like Iowa, or both. Fran's lucky he won a fluky tournament game because otherwise this is one of the biggest implosions of a program in recent memory.

Latest posts