MJ is LeBron's *****.

Lol.

Mello and Durant Would both hang 50 on magic. Pippin couldn't handle Kevin Love down low. Rodman couldn't guard mello, love, or durrant at 25 feet.

Duff, you make it too obvious again.

A guy like Bill Lambeer would frustrate the he!! out of those guys. NBA today is a finesse game with a lack of offensive skills masquerading as defense.

Guys are way more athletic today, but the fundamentals have deteriorated big time. The DreamTeam of 1992 would beat todays dream team by 20.

I don't put much stock into this. I put it in the same category as speech at his HOF induction. MJ will say and do anything to protect his legacy as a player.

Name another sport in which the level of player and play DECREASED from one generation to the next. It just doesn't happen that way. Who in Jordan's era could guard a Kevin Love or Durrant, or even Mello?

I would go Karl Malone on Love, Hakeem on Durant, and Pippen on Melo. Or, how about Michael Cooper on Melo?

Cooper is a good choice. I don't think Malone can handle Love at 25 feet either. I don't think Hakeem can come close to handling Durrant, especially on the perimeter. Pip would do a decent job on Melo, though he's clearly the easiest to guard of the three.

Duff, you make it too obvious again.

A guy like Bill Lambeer would frustrate the he!! out of those guys. NBA today is a finesse game with a lack of offensive skills masquerading as defense.

Guys are way more athletic today, but the fundamentals have deteriorated big time. The DreamTeam of 1992 would beat todays dream team by 20.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Todays player is moar skilled than evar. Dirk Nowitzki is a two guard in a centers body. Durrant is a power forward that can shoot from 25, drive, and score in the block. LeBron can play ppoint, SG, SF, PF, or center if he had to. Kevin Love is the best rebounder in the league as well as one of the best shooters. Anyone who honestly thinks today's players are less skilled than those of the 80's or 90's is either stooped or isn't paying attention.

Todays player is moar skilled than evar. Dirk Nowitzki is a two guard in a centers body. Durrant is a power forward that can shoot from 25, drive, and score in the block. LeBron can play ppoint, SG, SF, PF, or center if he had to. Kevin Love is the best rebounder in the league as well as one of the best shooters. Anyone who honestly thinks today's players are less skilled than those of the 80's or 90's is either stooped or isn't paying attention.

I stopped reading at Dirk is a two guard. One of the dumbest things I have ever seen posted by someone that clearly doesn't understand basketball.

Cooper is a good choice. I don't think Malone can handle Love at 25 feet either. I don't think Hakeem can come close to handling Durrant, especially on the perimeter. Pip would do a decent job on Melo, though he's clearly the easiest to guard of the three.

Again, let's reverse it. It's all about matchups right? Malone won't be stopped by anyone today and no one today has the low post defense to stop Hakeem. And watch the video of Hakeem. He was like Anthony Davis blocking shots from everywhere on the floor including Kareem. He stole the ball from Magic and blocked Jordan. Durant could not drive on him so he would be settling for outside shots. That's about all you can do with him.

Vinny Johnson, Jeff Hornacek, Dale Ellis, Dell Curry, Andrew Toney.............Back in the 80's every team in the league had guys like these on their roster; guys who had mid-range game to go along with their 3-point shot they could come off the bench or they could start for you, borderline all-stars on a yearly basis. Today's NBA teams are made up of a couple superstars and specialized role players.

Vinny Johnson, Jeff Hornacek, Dale Ellis, Dell Curry, Andrew Toney.............Back in the 80's every team in the league had guys like these on their roster; guys who had mid-range game to go along with their 3-point shot they could come off the bench or they could start for you, borderline all-stars on a yearly basis. Today's NBA teams are made up of a couple superstars and specialized role players.

I loved Andrew Toney and those Sixer teams. This video is a great highlight from the 80's. Dr. J, Bobby Jones (another great defender), Caldwell Jones, Mo Cheeks and ... Daryl Dawkins!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Im-x2kxBk

I stopped reading at Dirk is a two guard. One of the dumbest things I have ever seen posted by someone that clearly doesn't understand basketball.

Are you being stubborn or lazy? Either way I don't have much time for you. You can't hold my jock in... Well in anything.

Are you being stubborn or lazy? Either way I don't have much time for you. You can't hold my jock in... Well in anything.

OK. Keep watching ESPN and believing that basketball was invented in 2000. Dirk is a big guy that can shoot 3's, there used to be a ton of those.

Why you want another dude to hold your jock is beyond me. I am sure the moomoo lady does just fine with it.

multiple blocks in crunch time. That is what I call it.

Who are you BTW?

There was no crunch time you goon. It was a freaking all star game where centers are shooting 3's and you expect no one to play defense. Get real. How did the 2 games where the Heat played the Lakers go this year?

Oh, the Heat won both, and Bron had big games...oh ok cool.

If you don't think Lebron was trying to put it on Kobe when he got blocked those 2 times you are kidding yourself. Blocking someone twice in an All Star game doesn't mean you are better than them, but it sure made Lebron look bad. And I think to Lebron, looking good matters more than anything.

There was no crunch time you goon. It was a freaking all star game where centers are shooting 3's and you expect no one to play defense. Get real. How did the 2 games where the Heat played the Lakers go this year?

Oh, the Heat won both, and Bron had big games...oh ok cool.

Right. The old " he wasn't trying" defense.

The heat are better than the Lakers, so what's your point?

If you don't think Lebron was trying to put it on Kobe when he got blocked those 2 times you are kidding yourself. Blocking someone twice in an All Star game doesn't mean you are better than them, but it sure made Lebron look bad. And I think to Lebron, looking good matters more than anything.

In 1st half he has a point. In last 5 minutes it gets real.

OK, this thread has some mileage... Duffman, you are wrong. Why on earth anyone would bring up a LBJ comparison to MJ at this stage of LBJ career is ridiulous. Besides, Bill Russell was better than MJ.

Latest posts