Minnesota PG Tyrell Terry Strengthening Bond with Hawkeyes

CJ could play in Florida and I wouldn't think he's that good. Ellingson won awards, had great stats and had testimonials from his coaches as well. He was even holds the scoring record at his High School! Same with Ogelsby, same with Fleming, etc. The only difference is Fleming was much more athletic than CJ is.

Fleming was more athletic and could have benched press more than CJ but he wasn't as good of a shooter or a basketball player in general.

But you didn't really respond to my point about Kentucky basketball. Your whole take is that Kentucky basketball is down because they don't have a top 150 recruit. All that proves is they haven't had an elite player for a couple of years but doesn't prove its basketball quality is down in general. BTW, I'm not saying CJ is an elite player or even a good one but just that he could be good and we should give him a chance.

I saw one site had CJ rated the #232 recruit. In the end it's just circular reasoning. CJ is rated #232 so Kentucky basketball is down, Kentucky basketball is down because one of its higher-rated players is only 232.

Fleming was more athletic and could have benched press more than CJ but he wasn't as good of a shooter or a basketball player in general.

But you didn't really respond to my point about Kentucky basketball. Your whole take is that Kentucky basketball is down because they don't have a top 150 recruit. All that proves is they haven't had an elite player for a couple of years but doesn't prove its basketball quality is down in general. BTW, I'm not saying CJ is an elite player or even a good one but just that he could be good and we should give him a chance.

I saw one site had CJ rated the #232 recruit. In the end it's just circular reasoning. CJ is rated #232 so Kentucky basketball is down, Kentucky basketball is down because one of its higher-rated players is only 232.

I could care less how good Kentucky basketball is. Jesus dude I was saying him winning Gatorade POY is meaningless because there is nobody good ahead of him in Kentucky and he lost out on Mr. Basketball to some mid major recruit. Fleming was obviously more athletic and I'm not sure how you could say CJ is a better shooter or better basketball player in general but keep doing your thing man.

Highlight vids of TT show he can shoot the 3 and drive. They don’t show that he’s a slashing type of guard or that he can break down the other team’s PG.

Not what Iowa needs.

I could care less how good Kentucky basketball is. Jesus dude I was saying him winning Gatorade POY is meaningless because there is nobody good ahead of him in Kentucky and he lost out on Mr. Basketball to some mid major recruit. Fleming was obviously more athletic and I'm not sure how you could say CJ is a better shooter or better basketball player in general but keep doing your thing man.

We're just splitting hairs now on Kentucky basketball now, on what it means to win an award, etc. Fleming couldn't shoot as and was an 11.5% shooter from 3 for his last AAU team and sits on the bench for Lipscomb. I do think CJ will be at least that good.

But it's fair to wonder if CJ will be any better than Ellingson or Oglesby. I will say that. Just trying to point out that looking at it as if he's already a bust before he gets here because of some similarity in profiles isn't fair.

But in the end, you get into so many arguments with people I don't think I want to be sucked into it any longer.

We're just splitting hairs now on Kentucky basketball now, on what it means to win an award, etc. Fleming couldn't shoot as and was an 11.5% shooter from 3 for his last AAU team and sits on the bench for Lipscomb. I do think CJ will be at least that good.

But it's fair to wonder if CJ will be any better than Ellingson or Oglesby. I will say that. Just trying to point out that looking at it as if he's already a bust before he gets here because of some similarity in profiles isn't fair.

But in the end, you get into so many arguments with people I don't think I want to be sucked into it any longer.

Do you have any links to Fleming's and CJ's AAU stats? I don't remember Fleming ever shooting like that before he came here.

Do you have any links to Fleming's and CJ's AAU stats? I don't remember Fleming ever shooting like that before he came here.

I know Fleming shot 19% from 3 for Lipscomb this year. o_O

Looking back, Fleming was probably overrated in that he played his senior year at Oak hill with Dwayne Bacon, who's now on the Hornets, Josh Reaves (Penn State), and a couple other D1 players.

Fleming was ranked at #278 for his class. CJ is ranked at #232 for his class. At that point the ratings are sorta meaningless, but CJ is the better prospect...IMO. Let's face it, its going to be REALLY hard for CJ to shoot 19% in college like Fleming just did. 19% is like Tyler Cook range

But you're the recruiting expert and have watched hundreds of Iowa and Kentucky high school games apparently.
They would only be under-rated players if Iowa State we’re recruiting them.

For a “hawk fan” he sure trashes Hawk players as much as ISU fans do.

Co ink ee dink?
I think not.

His last AAU stint was 11.5% albeit with about 19 attempts.

BTW, Tom Crean offered CJ in Feb of '17 when he was still at Indiana. He compared him to Kirk Hinrich at the same age.

Apparently many people are walking around Kentucky and asking why Calipari didn't offer CJ.

This is all according to CJ's uncle who played under Fran and co. at Notre Dame.

You may proceed and disparage it.

BTW, Tom Crean offered CJ in Feb of '17 when he was still at Indiana. He compared him to Kirk Hinrich at the same age.

Apparently many people are walking around Kentucky and asking why Calipari didn't offer CJ.

This is all according to CJ's uncle who played under Fran and co. at Notre Dame.

I'm torn about CJ. On one hand, he's the kind of player I absolutely want Iowa to offer and sign. He's dedicated to perfecting his craft. I think he will be a solid contributor in a couple of years. On the other hand, he's just not the immediate help, with the type of skill set this team needs. I guess the good news for me is that I don't have any real expectations for him. As for "Kentucky fans walking around asking why Calipari didn't offer him"....well, look at Calipari's recruiting classes. I guess they'd be happier if Calipari pulled the offer from a top 10 player and gave it to CJ?

Hahaha!

As was noted elsewhere, Gold's kid can "two hand"...

Laugh all you want Bobby, but he did play against Big starters in HS. One is 1st Team Big, another 2nd Team Big and a past Fresh of the year in another D1 Conference. Sorry you didn't have that experience :(

Highlight vids of TT show he can shoot the 3 and drive. They don’t show that he’s a slashing type of guard or that he can break down the other team’s PG.

Not what Iowa needs.

Judging solely by what I saw in the video, it looks like he barely got off the floor on his layups. So he'd fit right in and look great in black and gold (sarcasm intended).

Doesn't really seem like the upgrade in athleticism that people are asking for.