Minnesota PG Tyrell Terry Strengthening Bond with Hawkeyes

You're an expert on Kentucky basketball? I heard he was probably runner-up to the guy who won Mr. Basketball btw.

But whatever, the point is winning awards as a way to measure how good recruits are hasn't mattered to certain individuals on this board so the lack of winning them shouldn't matter either.

The top rated recruit in Kentucky is Jake Walter and he's #222. The state of Kentucky hasn't produced much talent over the last handful of years actually.

Funny coming from you. You were the guy saying Mr. Basketball means nothing a year ago.

I was using it to point out how bad Kentucky basketball is because it is bad. My feelings wouldn't have changed one bit if CJ won it or didn't win it. I don't know why you're coming at me. Pretty much everyone is luke warm about CJ and now Terry and that's being generous.

I was using it to point out how bad Kentucky basketball is because it is bad. My feelings wouldn't have changed one bit if CJ won it or didn't win it. I don't know why you're coming at me. Pretty much everyone is luke warm about CJ and now Terry and that's being generous.
I guess I see your point now.

No not pretty much everyone is being lukewarm about those guys but some are. I get it though, the team was lousy last year, Fran hasn't hit many home runs, if any, in recruiting guards. CJ is white and the same size as Ellingson, etc. So the echo chamber-group think is in full force.

Kentucky has about 1.3 million more people than Iowa so one could infer that, if Kentucky basketball is bad, then Iowa's is worse, since the talent pool would be thinner. Does that mean Wieskamp's rating might be too high?

No not pretty much everyone is being lukewarm about those guys but some are. I get it though, the team was lousy last year, Fran hasn't hit many home runs, if any, in recruiting guards. CJ is white and the same size as Ellingson, etc. So the echo chamber-group think is in full force.

Kentucky has about 1.3 million more people than Iowa so one could infer that, if Kentucky basketball is bad, then Iowa's is worse, since the talent pool would be thinner. Does that mean Wieskamp's rating might be too high?

The only thing that doesn't point to CJ being a pretty darn good player is his recruiting ranking. But the problem with recruiting rankings is they are favored way too much towards good dunkers. If CJ could dunk like Wieskamp, he would be a top 100 player without necessarily being a better player.

I don't know what you're trying to say. We have two top 75 players in the country in Iowa this year, Kentucky hasn't produced a top 75 player since 2015. Their best recruit this class was #222 and the best recruit in the last class was #290.

The only thing that doesn't point to CJ being a pretty darn good player is his recruiting ranking. But the problem with recruiting rankings is they are favored way too much towards good dunkers. If CJ could dunk like Wieskamp, he would be a top 100 player without necessarily being a better player.

Hahahaha!!! No wonder Woodbury was a top 50 recruit!

If CJ could dunk like Wieskamp he would be a top 100 player. Hahaha! My gut is literally hurting now from laughing so much!

You don't think a lights out shooter who can fly down the lane and 2 hand dunk gets a top 100 ranking?

You don't think a lights out shooter who can fly down the lane and 2 hand dunk gets a top 100 ranking?

Brady shot 92% from the line and 48% from 3 in High School. If he could dunk like Joe he would have been a top 100 player! Haha!

Brady shot 92% from the line and 48% from 3 in High School. If he could dunk like Joe he would have been a top 100 player! Haha!

If Brady could have done that he would have been seen as a much better recruit, yes. Maybe top 100. We'll never know because he wasn't even close to being that player.

But you're the recruiting expert and have watched hundreds of Iowa and Kentucky high school games apparently.

I would of liked to see how Ellingson would of faired at Iowa if he hadn't had one of his toes amputated during his redshirt year. The guy is obviously a gifted player, but it doesn't take much to separate good players from average players.

If Brady could have done that he would have been seen as a much better recruit, yes. Maybe top 100. We'll never know because he wasn't even close to being that player.

But you're the recruiting expert and have watched hundreds of Iowa and Kentucky high school games apparently.

Neither is CJ so not only is it irrelevant it's also silly to say good dunkers get favored in rankings. Athletic kids get good rankings all the time and they get bad rankings all the time. It's the athletic players who have skills are the ones that are considered high level prospects.

I would of liked to see how Ellingson would of faired at Iowa if he hadn't had one of his toes amputated during his redshirt year. The guy is obviously a gifted player, but it doesn't take much to separate good players from average players.
????

Neither is CJ so not only is it irrelevant it's also silly to say good dunkers get favored in rankings. Athletic kids get good rankings all the time and they get bad rankings all the time. It's the athletic players who have skills are the ones that are considered high level prospects.

Your whole argument about CJ is flawed, 56. Your reasoning about CJ is that Kentucky basketball is down and so that means he's not that good, despite the stats, testimonials from his coach and other coaches, and the awards he's won. You use the fact that the top recruit in KY is #222 while Iowa has two top 75 recruits. All that proves is that Iowa has two guys higher rated than what Kentucky has. That doesn't prove that Iowa basketball is better top to bottom than Kentucky's. It also doesn't speak to the competition CJ went up against each and every game as compared to, say, Wieskamp went up against. If recruiting rankings went as high as 1,000 or 1,500 I'd make the supposition that Kentucky would have more in that pool than Iowa would have, based on the 1.3 million advantage in population. It's not provable but makes sense to assert with logic that CJ's competition was actually slightly tougher than JW's.

Your whole argument about CJ is flawed, 56. Your reasoning about CJ is that Kentucky basketball is down and so that means he's not that good, despite the stats, testimonials from his coach and other coaches, and the awards he's won. You use the fact that the top recruit in KY is #222 while Iowa has two top 75 recruits. All that proves is that Iowa has two guys higher rated than what Kentucky has. That doesn't prove that Iowa basketball is better top to bottom than Kentucky's. It also doesn't speak to the competition CJ went up against each and every game as compared to, say, Wieskamp went up against. If recruiting rankings went as high as 1,000 or 1,500 I'd make the supposition that Kentucky would have more in that pool than Iowa would have, based on the 1.3 million advantage in population. It's not provable but makes sense to assert with logic that CJ's competition was actually slightly tougher than JW's.

CJ could play in Florida and I wouldn't think he's that good. Ellingson won awards, had great stats and had testimonials from his coaches as well. He was even holds the scoring record at his High School! Same with Ogelsby, same with Fleming, etc. The only difference is Fleming was much more athletic than CJ is.