Miller's instant reaction-LOL

Jake had no ability to make a read progression, zero. Plays are called for one route and if its not there he panics. I doubt he'd be a good D2 player even. Good guy but I want a title not a Boy Scout patch.

I am offended by the f bomb, and can not listen to any podcast that uses it while I am at work last a client is in the room and hears it.

That is what is coached. It has to be. After seeing the Vandenberg debacle, and the unwillingness to make a change, it can only mean that these QBs are doing EXACTLY what they are coached to do.

The most successful QB under GD was not smart enough to tie his own shoe, so he didn't follow the coaching and was uber successful. We have seen it from Beathard too. When he plays on the fly, he makes plays and looks great. When he goes all week of being coached as the starter, he looks neutered and plays flat.

I agree with you man. I didnt think KOK was really much of a QB coach but he was better than GD seems to be.

Last year Jake seemed to be able to throw the 20-30 yard seam route between corner and safety and a decent back shoulder throw down the field.

This year, I dont know, he looks much more mechanical and locked in on close receivers

I also have to say that the speed on Jake's throws yesterday just seemed slower than what we have come to expect. The ball just took longer to get there it seemed.

That's a pretty big difference. My name is on everything I do and say, and I still have to engage with those I criticize on occasion.

Which is what I appreciate...I know it is difficult to criticize when you deal with these people. Its much easier to give lavish praise than to have to tell it like it is or lose all credibility.

I was reading their tweets in real time..and reacting in real time. I have a hard, hard time buying that CJB was totally healthy and available to play, yet never played. IF that is the case, we can put that in the 'gut feeling' folder...but I don't buy that.

Jon, this whole: "is CJ injured or not" issue is an example of what frustrates me about KF as a HC. I don't expect KF to announce to the world the injury status of players leading up to a game. That should be held close to the vest to keep opponents in the dark. But this makes no sense. KF tells Iowa broadcasters, pregame, that CJ is injured, but tells national media after the game he wasn't injured and could have played. So, unless KF has made a final decision at QB, he just fueled the controversy. By many accounts, CJ looked physically normal during warm ups. So, unless CJ was concussed, he seemed physically able to play. KF's handling of this seems disjointed and strangely handled.

Jon, this whole: "is CJ injured or not" issue is an example of what frustrates me about KF as a HC. I don't expect KF to announce to the world the injury status of players leading up to a game. That should be held close to the vest to keep opponents in the dark. But this makes no sense. KF tells Iowa broadcasters, pregame, that CJ is injured, but tells national media after the game he wasn't injured and could have played. So, unless KF has made a final decision at QB, he just fueled the controversy. By many accounts, CJ looked physically normal during warm ups. So, unless CJ was concussed, he seemed physically able to play. KF's handling of this seems disjointed and strangely handled.

Maybe Kurt didn't think he had the appropriate number of reps in practice?

No was he was concussed. In this day and age you're not even an option to play if you are.

Let me tell you little girls a story:

Back in 2006/2007 I was a paying member at both the scout site and hawkeye report. Had been for some time but was growing tired of the complete lack of "insider" info I was paying for, I thought. Anyways, prior to the Minnesota game, Marcus Pascal was dinged up. Early that morning I posted on the paying boards asking about his status. Finally at game time, I hear on the radio from Gary Dolphin that Pascal was out. I blew up. There was no real "insider" info on either site. They were getting their info the same way you and I do, word of mouth, knowing people who know people. No real rumors, no real info. So I started ranting on both sites. I called Kakert and Hawkeye Report a bunch of information whores. Stating they weren't selling insider info, they were selling hype of insider info. I went to the scout site and did the same. Here's what ended up happening. Kakert banned me, almost immediately. Meanwhile, Miller did not. I've respected Miller ever since. He can take the heat. He's got his big boy pants on. And even though it hasn't been much, anytime he's called on us Hawkeyenation supporters, I'll give what I can. As for Kakert, I hope he crawls back into the turtle nest he crawled out of and goes back to sucking his thumb. I won't even click on anything HawkeyeReport related. He has no info, no original opinion and no big boy pants.

Jon, keep doing what you're doing man. Love the Podcasts, love the site. You're a forward thinker and I admire you. Don't always agree with you but adults can have conversations where they disagree and not walk away heated or offended.

Andy Egland is my real name. I am a Hawkeye addict.

I always thought college players' injuries would be declared earlier in the week of a game. Up to and throughout the course of a game. Like in the pros. So bettors could get a 'bettor' feel for a game. College games are bet, too, aren't they? That's a silly question after listening to one of Dace's contributions to a podcast. I wonder how much Dace bets? And if he'd have some telling information, here?

Last edited:
No was he was concussed. In this day and age you're not even an option to play if you are.

I think you're wrong. Kirk said CJ was available to play. If he was concussed, he wouldn't even have dressed, much less been "available to play".

Good post. Well, typically Ed will be at a practice, or they have gotten the down low from Kirk...I guess it's possible they were in the dark, but they typically aren't.

Perhaps it comes back to a collective 'hope' that Kirk wouldn't have been so stubborn as to not try to go to the bullpen for a spark when it sure looked like there was an opportunity for it.

Then again, Iowa chose to throw the ball every time it had the ball in the fourth quarter, which is mind boggling given how they closed the third quarter.

im really hoping Davis was trying to prove a point to KF that this QB can't be effective throwing the ball in this offense.

Because if he was really trying to win that game by going directly away from what was working the quarter before there's no hope for the whole thing until they're all gone.

I think you're wrong. Kirk said CJ was available to play. If he was concussed, he wouldn't even have dressed, much less been "available to play".

I'm confused. It looks like you called me wrong and then said the same thing as I did. I think you either misread my post or I misread yours.

I'm confused. It looks like you called me wrong and then said the same thing as I did. I think you either misread my post or I misread yours.

Nevermind. I meant to say "no way he was concussed" instead of "no was he concussed". Sorry I suck at typing and proofreading.

Back in 2006/2007 I was a paying member at both the scout site and hawkeye report. Had been for some time but was growing tired of the complete lack of "insider" info I was paying for, I thought. Anyways, prior to the Minnesota game, Marcus Pascal was dinged up. Early that morning I posted on the paying boards asking about his status. Finally at game time, I hear on the radio from Gary Dolphin that Pascal was out. I blew up. There was no real "insider" info on either site. They were getting their info the same way you and I do, word of mouth, knowing people who know people. No real rumors, no real info. So I started ranting on both sites. I called Kakert and Hawkeye Report a bunch of information whores. Stating they weren't selling insider info, they were selling hype of insider info. I went to the scout site and did the same. Here's what ended up happening. Kakert banned me, almost immediately. Meanwhile, Miller did not. I've respected Miller ever since. He can take the heat. He's got his big boy pants on. And even though it hasn't been much, anytime he's called on us Hawkeyenation supporters, I'll give what I can. As for Kakert, I hope he crawls back into the turtle nest he crawled out of and goes back to sucking his thumb. I won't even click on anything HawkeyeReport related. He has no info, no original opinion and no big boy pants.

Jon, keep doing what you're doing man. Love the Podcasts, love the site. You're a forward thinker and I admire you. Don't always agree with you but adults can have conversations where they disagree and not walk away heated or offended.

That's to bad you feel that way. Because Hawkeyereport is a better website with better message boards/coverage of anything Hawkeye related.

Tom Kakert is my real name. I am a Hawkeye addict.

It wasn't even close to being animated. It was more like a "well, ****" moment. He wasn't "waving his arms like crazy" as if he couldn't believe Rudock didn't throw to him. You're reading between lines when there aren't any lines to begin with.
Got that right.

Not much of an o-line.
Not much of a d-line.

im really hoping Davis was trying to prove a point to KF that this QB can't be effective throwing the ball in this offense.

Because if he was really trying to win that game by going directly away from what was working the quarter before there's no hope for the whole thing until they're all gone.
No way Davis was trying to upstage his boss. KF says GD is a man of integrity and character.

So your second sentence has to be reality.

The only way this changes (and that's not just bringing in a new co-ordinator) is if Barta gets heat from donors and tells KF that his offense-challenged scheme has to change because his job is on the line.

That's not going to happen unless there is a collapse. Seven or eight wins is not a collapse to the donors that count.

Someone with the name that rhymes with Kom Takert has ruined that website.
I'm a military veteran and a church elder, and have posted on Iowa message boards, since 1999, and someone with the name that rhymes with Kom Takert banned me, and to this date, I still have no idea why. It's hurtful, but thankfully, there are more Iowa websites, since the days of the bigten.org message board, where we were happy to see 5 posts/day on the one Iowa board.

Love this website, and love how you're treated like a member, without the financial obligation of a member.
I do give all of the sponsors a chance for my business, in exchange.

Latest posts