Miller's instant reaction-LOL

I was reading their tweets in real time..and reacting in real time. I have a hard, hard time buying that CJB was totally healthy and available to play, yet never played. IF that is the case, we can put that in the 'gut feeling' folder...but I don't buy that.

Here's what I think happened: I think our esteemed coach knew that if he made the change, he was making THE CHANGE. Cuz although you can't lose the job due to injury, you can lose it due to performance, and once that admission is made, it's pretty final.

I don't think KF ever planned on giving CJ playing time if Jake was healthy. Even when he said he would do it, the news coming out of practice was that Jake was getting all of the reps with the 1st team. Now we have a retched offensive performance and even after Jake throws a pick 6, CJ doesn't even get a series. KF has made up his mind on it and that's the last we'll see of CJ, barring injury to Jake.

KF has zero intentions of playing CJ unless an injury to Jake occurs and he is forced to. Jake is his hand picked guy and will be his guy all the way. Davis wants CJ just like KOK wanted Stanzi.

He just strung CJ along this past off season because an injury was always possible and Weigerts was an option he did not want to go to this year.

Morehouse tweeted this immediately after game: https://twitter.com/marcmorehouse/status/523568202048368642
Harty Tweeted this: https://twitter.com/PatHarty/status/523568135765377024

Podolak said on Soundoff that Coach said in the interview with them that CJB was hurt...Travis said Kirk didn't say that....then played the tape.

Given that last bit, my guess is for whatever reason Kirk didn't want to talk about CJB being hurt....but I'd wager that he was....and that Podolak knows that sort of thing before the games take place.

?? I listened to the entire radio broadcast. Eddie wondered aloud ( several times- as early as the second quarter if I am not mistaken) if there was something wrong with CJ. He was pretty critical of JR today. Surprised that CJ wasn't getting a shot.

He sounded like he genuinely didn't know but surmised there must be something wrong to Dolph otherwise CJ would have been getting a shot.

If Eddie knew something I think he would have told us. He tries to be diplomatic at times. But less so lately.

I was reading their tweets in real time..and reacting in real time. I have a hard, hard time buying that CJB was totally healthy and available to play, yet never played. IF that is the case, we can put that in the 'gut feeling' folder...but I don't buy that.

Why is it unbelievable that KF of all people would make the same mistake twice.

The whole situation is bordering on unbelievable. It's obvious who should be playing just like it was back then.

?? I listened to the entire radio broadcast. Eddie wondered aloud ( several times- as early as the second quarter if I am not mistaken) if there was something wrong with CJ. He was pretty critical of JR today. Surprised that CJ wasn't getting a shot.

He sounded like he genuinely didn't know but surmised there must be something wrong to Dolph otherwise CJ would have been getting a shot.

If Eddie knew something I think he would have told us. He tries to be diplomatic at times. But less so lately.

Podalk is just another guy whos not as smart as Ferentz.

Podalk is just another guy whos not as smart as Ferentz.

Eddie would probably be the first to admit he has made some bad decisions if that's what you are referring to. But I have always found his commentary and analysis to be pretty good.

Good grief he has to constantly do his job and at the same time correct and babysit Dolph. It's time for Dolph to retire IMO.

On a day of brutal play by Rudock, that play took the cake. Kenny was even waving like crazy and after the play just threw up his arms in exasperation.

No, he wasn't. He clapped his hands like many players do on any given failed third down attempt, just everyday frustration. That's all he did.

Rudock's/the offense's performance was bad enough on their own. You don't need to exaggerate things to make it seem even worse.

No, he wasn't. He clapped his hands like many players do on any given failed third down attempt, just everyday frustration. That's all he did.

Rudock's/the offense's performance was bad enough on their own. You don't need to exaggerate things to make it seem even worse.

Okay so he clapped in frustration instead of throwing his arms up in frustration… do you have a point or do you just get off on being an annoying pendant?

Okay so he clapped in frustration instead of throwing his arms up in frustration… do you have a point or do you just get off on being an annoying pendant?

It wasn't even close to being animated. It was more like a "well, ****" moment. He wasn't "waving his arms like crazy" as if he couldn't believe Rudock didn't throw to him. You're reading between lines when there aren't any lines to begin with. Like I said, that performance was plenty brutal on its own merit. Trying to make a mountain out of a molehill on this is both stupid and very misleading for anyone who doesn't specifically remember the aftermath of that play.

It wasn't even close to being animated. It was more like a "well, ****" moment. He wasn't "waving his arms like crazy" as if he couldn't believe Rudock didn't throw to him. You're reading between lines when there aren't any lines to begin with. Like I said, that performance was plenty brutal on its own merit. Trying to make a mountain out of a molehill on this is both stupid and very misleading for anyone who doesn't specifically remember the aftermath of that play.

Going with annoying pendant, then?

I'm not going to apologize for your ignorance. If that makes me annoying, I think I can live with that.

No apologies needed. Just try not to drown in all those crocodile tears for the poor souls that were mislead by a misdescription on the internet.

No apologies needed. Just try not to drown in all those crocodile tears for the poor souls that were mislead by a misdescription on the internet.

Poor souls? I'm not seeing any of those. But when this place is crawling with people who are ready to see heads roll, exaggerations like that can only serve to stoke the flames. There were enough legitimate bones for those people to pick at in this game; it doesn't do any good to provide a straw man target, too.

Poor souls? I'm not seeing any of those. But when this place is crawling with people who are ready to see heads roll, exaggerations like that can only serve to stoke the flames. There were enough legitimate bones for those people to pick at in this game; it doesn't do any good to provide a straw man target, too.

You're doing God's work, Tork. Good job.

Good post. Well, typically Ed will be at a practice, or they have gotten the down low from Kirk...I guess it's possible they were in the dark, but they typically aren't.

Perhaps it comes back to a collective 'hope' that Kirk wouldn't have been so stubborn as to not try to go to the bullpen for a spark when it sure looked like there was an opportunity for it.

Then again, Iowa chose to throw the ball every time it had the ball in the fourth quarter, which is mind boggling given how they closed the third quarter.

images
Going with annoying pendant, then?

On that 3rd and two play, had a back wide open on the right for an easy first down. Instead, threw to a tight end in tight coverage and a punt to follow. Stared down receivers all day

Jake also had a tight end wide open 5 yards downfield right in his line of sight to the eventual receiver he threw it to. Cant understand why he didnt check down in this situation to the obvious wide open guy.

Jake must be getting a mental block and focusing so much on one receiver.

Whatever it is for Jake it is not working for more than a qtr or half the game.

Jake also had a tight end wide open 5 yards downfield right in his line of sight to the eventual receiver he threw it to. Cant understand why he didnt check down in this situation to the obvious wide open guy.

Jake must be getting a mental block and focusing so much on one receiver.

Whatever it is for Jake it is not working for more than a qtr or half the game.

That is what is coached. It has to be. After seeing the Vandenberg debacle, and the unwillingness to make a change, it can only mean that these QBs are doing EXACTLY what they are coached to do.

The most successful QB under GD was not smart enough to tie his own shoe, so he didn't follow the coaching and was uber successful. We have seen it from Beathard too. When he plays on the fly, he makes plays and looks great. When he goes all week of being coached as the starter, he looks neutered and plays flat.

Latest posts