Miller: Dismal Finish

Iowa getting man-handled 2 or last 3 weeks is pathetic. The offensive inconsistency(play-calling and execution) is maddening. The lack of emotion is frustrating. Bowl game? meh.

Iowa needs to show me something in the bowl game. The losses (outside Iowa State and Minnesota) were not what made me mad. It's they way they lost.

Iowa seriously needs to man up and show up for the bowl game. Defending the entire staff is getting rather old. This isn't a Fire Ferentz hint, it's more of a wake up and take a look in the mirror comment.

And, just like last year....because most "fans" are fairweather....a win in a bowl game heals all wounds. People are so fickle on these boards. One minute, we're moving in the right direction with the greatest coaching staff, and the next we're wanting to change everything because we lost.

I just want to see some fire and emotion out of the Hawks. They brought it in the 2nd half of the Pitt game and the Michigan game.

I just can't understand why they come out flat so often. The Purdue game they started strong and then shot themselves in the foot.

Just a lot of WTF moments.

2001 7-5
2002 11-2 ranked 8th
2003 10-3 ranked 8th
2004 10-2 ranked 8th
2005 7-5
2006 6-7
2007 6-6
2008 9-4 ranked 20th
2009 11-2 ranked 7th
2010 8-5
2011 7-5
Ten straight bowl eligible seasons. Six January bowl games. Four top ten finishes. Longest tenure of all Big 10 coaches. Three time Big Ten coach of the year. In Ferentz's time here we've had players win the Outland Trophy, Lou Groza Award, Davey O'Brien Award, AP Player of the Year Award, John Mackey Award, Doak Walker Award, and runner-up for the Heisman Trophy. Tons of national recognition and respect. High percentage of seniors drafted or signed to NFL contracts. Overall, 75%+ graduation rate tops nearly all other Top 20 Football schools. Staff stability is stated by most recruits as very important and one of the main reasons why they want to attend Iowa. Highest level of respect from NFL & college coaches and players. Loyal and generous to the University of Iowa. Represents Iowa with class while running a clean honest program. Treats fans, players, coaches, opponents, media respectfully. We've finished in the top ten nearly 1/2 of the last ten years. Actually allowed Iowa fans to realistically dream of a national title - unheard of at Iowa.Thrilling wins, Iowa pride! We are competitive in every game, even when we lose. Our average success on the field is surpassed by only a handful of programs during Ferentz's tenure and he's accomplished this at Iowa despite all the disadvantages Iowa has compared to traditional powers. His performance is in line with or exceeds the other highly paid college coaches. In today's college football environment - parity is common. He has taken us to the top levels and gotten us back to the top level while never stumbling to the bottom. We have the most young talent/athleticism along with super incoming talent and depth that Iowa's ever had on it's roster. The future is very bright. If you can't see the light...pull your head out of your.....fanatic.

2001 7-5
2002 11-2 ranked 8th
2003 10-3 ranked 8th
2004 10-2 ranked 8th
2005 7-5
2006 6-7
2007 6-6
2008 9-4 ranked 20th
2009 11-2 ranked 7th
2010 8-5
2011 7-5
Ten straight bowl eligible seasons. Six January bowl games. Four top ten finishes. Longest tenure of all Big 10 coaches. Three time Big Ten coach of the year. In Ferentz's time here we've had players win the Outland Trophy, Lou Groza Award, Davey O'Brien Award, AP Player of the Year Award, John Mackey Award, Doak Walker Award, and runner-up for the Heisman Trophy. Tons of national recognition and respect. High percentage of seniors drafted or signed to NFL contracts. Overall, 75%+ graduation rate tops nearly all other Top 20 Football schools. Staff stability is stated by most recruits as very important and one of the main reasons why they want to attend Iowa. Highest level of respect from NFL & college coaches and players. Loyal and generous to the University of Iowa. Represents Iowa with class while running a clean honest program. Treats fans, players, coaches, opponents, media respectfully. We've finished in the top ten nearly 1/2 of the last ten years. Actually allowed Iowa fans to realistically dream of a national title - unheard of at Iowa.Thrilling wins, Iowa pride! We are competitive in every game, even when we lose. Our average success on the field is surpassed by only a handful of programs during Ferentz's tenure and he's accomplished this at Iowa despite all the disadvantages Iowa has compared to traditional powers. His performance is in line with or exceeds the other highly paid college coaches. In today's college football environment - parity is common. He has taken us to the top levels and gotten us back to the top level while never stumbling to the bottom. We have the most young talent/athleticism along with super incoming talent and depth that Iowa's ever had on it's roster. The future is very bright. If you can't see the light...pull your head out of your.....fanatic.

Thats great red hawk but the world is a "what have you done for me latley" place... and since 2004 there hasnt been much "done for me"

Hawks are boring and are hard to watch on offense. You can call about 3/4 of their plays just by watching on tv. If you don't believe me, come watch a game with me. That stretch play works 5% of the time. If they actually played a running back with some quick feet, it might work 10% of the time! An exageration yes, but the facts remain. The current offensive situation is NOT working. Changes need to be made, but we all know nothing will happen. 2 or 3 running backs that can actually move will likely transfer to a place that will actually use their skills. I feel like i'm watching hayden's teams all over again in the last few years of his career; and it ticks me off to no end. I am sick of hearing so and so has more talent. It's the coaching

It's so warm and cozy in the past....lets just live there. Remember the early '00s...they were so great. Now I feel better

Think about Sunday nights when the starting line-ups read the college they are from. And a couple are Iowa. It makes me proud. Oh that feels good.

On another note...did you notice how the B1G dominates the starting line ups of those Sunday night games. Unreal for no talent.

Thats great red hawk but the world is a "what have you done for me latley" place... and since 2004 there hasnt been much "done for me"

What really has me disappointed in Ferentz is the 9 losses to double-digit underdogs since 2005 (BADgers are 31-0) and the losing records to NW, MN, Indiana and ISU. Those are some really frickin bad losses.

2001 7-5
2002 11-2 ranked 8th
2003 10-3 ranked 8th
2004 10-2 ranked 8th
2005 7-5
2006 6-7
2007 6-6
2008 9-4 ranked 20th
2009 11-2 ranked 7th
2010 8-5
2011 7-5

So you're telling me we've only had two top twenty five squads in the last seven years? Not impressed and I see zero reason to expect next season to be any better.

Thinking about no seasons tickets, and no mandatory donation. Power of the purse. Except the tickets will be sold out, and enough Iowa fans think that this is "good enough."

I don't see the point in blaming fans who enjoy the experience of going to Iowa football games. They are still fun as hell even if they are bad.

Revenue for the team is better than a "wake up call"

Amen. That's the one disconnect I have with our elderly fan base. I understand they think this is good enough, and they like Texas and Arizona bowl games (which are horrible for recruiting), but I don't understand, given how cheap they are, why they're not ****** about the money.

Thinking about no seasons tickets, and no mandatory donation. Power of the purse. Except the tickets will be sold out, and enough Iowa fans think that this is "good enough."

Which is why Iowa Hawkeyes football = Chicago Cubs baseball. Fans paying a huge premium for mediocrity or worse with a few periodic runs that build up hope.

Purchasing Tickets=revenue=good for the program. Not going is the opposite of helpful.

I don't see the point in blaming fans who enjoy the experience of going to Iowa football games. They are still fun as hell even if they are bad.

I'm not blaming the fans. I go to all the games. Everyone this year except PSU.

I am somewhat blaming the season ticket holders, who are donors (myself included) for not being more vocal about our displeasure. As bad as we were this year, we're still a 9-3 team. And the athletes from Nebraska today aren't any better than our guys.

Tickets sales and donors pay 100% of this coaching staff salary.

Purchasing Tickets=revenue=good for the program. Not going is the opposite of helpful.

Power of the purse.

I've been a KF, NP and KoK supporter through all the criticism. I can no longer take this position.

The poster above talked about games being fun to go to. Not for me. These are painful experiences.

Latest posts