Milestone

If New York was as bad in the beginning as it was reported, I don't blame them for being overly cautious since they witnessed a lot of deaths in a short time. What I don't understand is states like Florida that live like covid isn't even a thing. If they can live like that and have very comparable numbers to New York who lives on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, why is there hardly any difference in numbers?

If Florida's decisions had the consequences they are supposed to, shouldn't there be mass deaths there too? I'm talking to the point where families are losing multiple members. If that happened, wouldn't everyone start getting scared of covid and become more like New York? Instead they just keep living life normal with no repercussions, while other states with similar numbers continue to judge them like they're killing everyone.

If New York was as bad in the beginning as it was reported, I don't blame them for being overly cautious since they witnessed a lot of deaths in a short time. What I don't understand is states like Florida that live like covid isn't even a thing. If they can live like that and have very comparable numbers to New York who lives on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, why is there hardly any difference in numbers?

If Florida's decisions had the consequences they are supposed to, shouldn't there be mass deaths there too? I'm talking to the point where families are losing multiple members. If that happened, wouldn't everyone start getting scared of covid and become more like New York? Instead they just keep living life normal with no repercussions, while other states with similar numbers continue to judge them like they're killing everyone.
This is what I have never understood as well. States that were open never really fared worse than the states like CA. It would be interesting to compare the other societal collateral damage between the open states and closed states to see if there was an increase of substance abuse, physical abuse, personal financial difficulties, affect on children, etc..

Some people (especially people with backgrounds in the medical field) blindly trust all medicine. Probably because it's their thing". No thoughts at all to other motives like political and financial gain.
The wife is an RN. She used to blindly trust, but not now. Many doctors are legal drug dealers. Nurses go through incredible amounts of harassment. She on a number of occasions did save a patient from doctor errors. What happens is that rather than saying, thx, it makes the doctors mad. She had one that drilled her early on with the question, "will you lie for me if needed?"

People just don't get it. Medical institutions move doctors around to cover bad practice...and harassment. The pediatrician you love? Don't trust your kids with him. The guy in Michigan wasn't an abberation. There are good doctors, don't get me wrong. The bad ones aren't as rare as you might think.

This is what I have never understood as well. States that were open never really fared worse than the states like CA. It would be interesting to compare the other societal collateral damage between the open states and closed states to see if there was an increase of substance abuse, physical abuse, personal financial difficulties, affect on children, etc..
States that were locked down also have higher minority populations which had a harder time... like Iowa and the spanish speaking population for a number of reasons.

Some one mentioned NYC. NYC a part of the issue was related too..

Close vents allowed the virus to grow. Air should help but many were closed.

Shortage of nurses etc led to people who weren't experienced at using ventilators...another issue.

A number of workers including doctors were so scared that minimal care was given early on. We all remember the plane load from China and how it looked insane and the pics of people dying on the street. Same thing happened in Italy.

If you want the crap scared out of you....look up problems with remdesivir. Why are they even thinking about using this drug?

Over the counter? Would you mind stating what they are? I know of two who recently had it is the past couple weeks and the physician put them on something right away but I didn't know of any over the counter meds. I'd like to file that away if needed.
Paxlovid and Mulnupravir to name two. But they require a physician's signature. Common pain relievers like Aleve and Acetaminophen can help as well to relieve symptoms.

Not true. In late April, it was concluded that 42% of the deaths in the January and February wave were from "fully vaccinated" people.

Covid deaths no longer overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated - The Washington Post

Not true. In late April, it was concluded that 42% of the deaths in the January and February wave were from "fully vaccinated" people.

Covid deaths no longer overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated - The Washington Post
Fair points. Perhaps I have proximity bias. My day to day experience, with my office 30 feet from a large ICU, suggests that the unvaccinated are clearly dying at a much higher rate. In my hospital, it's way over 75%.

You also very conveniently left out this quote from the article you shared! And this paragraph from the article you cited has been my point throughout...

As a group, the unvaccinated remain far more vulnerable to the worst consequences of infection — and are far more likely to die — than people who are vaccinated, and they are especially more at risk than people who have received a booster shot.

At any rate, I appreciate that this issue is unfortunately highly tied to political views. Conservatives (this board it owned, moderated, and populated by right wing conservatives primarily) have much different views about vaccinations than people who are left of center. That's okay. I'm actually totally fine with all of you guys not getting vaccinated. I think we're at a point where we won't see quite the same surges in patients, so it's all good.

Fair points. Perhaps I have proximity bias. My day to day experience, with my office 30 feet from a large ICU, suggests that the unvaccinated are clearly dying at a much higher rate. In my hospital, it's way over 75%.

You also very conveniently left out this quote from the article you shared! And this paragraph from the article you cited has been my point throughout...

As a group, the unvaccinated remain far more vulnerable to the worst consequences of infection — and are far more likely to die — than people who are vaccinated, and they are especially more at risk than people who have received a booster shot.

At any rate, I appreciate that this issue is unfortunately highly tied to political views. Conservatives (this board it owned, moderated, and populated by right wing conservatives primarily) have much different views about vaccinations than people who are left of center. That's okay. I'm actually totally fine with all of you guys not getting vaccinated. I think we're at a point where we won't see quite the same surges in patients, so it's all good.

What is interesting is that historically it would be liberals that would be all over this not trusting Govt, not conservatives. Liberals used to be watchdogs. Media has ceased being watchdogs and instead are big business advertisers.

Well, I guess there are only two categories of individuals, you are either a right wing conservative freak or you are ....................ah just a little L of center. Ok.

To the bold, if vaccinations work and it's a choice the unvaccinated are willing to take, why does it chap your azz so much? I understand your point, but, people have a choice and are willing to roll the dice. Why does it bother the just a bit L of centers that much?

Bro, your "point" up above was, and I quote: "My points previously, which were not well taken, were that nearly 100% of people dying now with Covid are unvaccinated." I'm merely informing you that based on nationwide January and February data your "point" is not accurate.

To be clear, I have no issue with vaccinations that use the tried and true attenuated virus methodology that have a proven track record of actually working and longstanding safety data. There has never been a successful vaccine rolled out against a coronavirus because they mutate too damned quickly. I have never heard of anyone getting polio or rubella or diphtheria or any of that shit they inoculated people against when we were kids. 0 cases. But I know a shitload of people who have gotten COVID despite being vaccinated. It makes no sense, but when half the country believes the Ministry of Truth when it insists that Bruce Jenner is a woman I guess I don't mind swimming against the current.

Well, I guess there are only two categories of individuals, you are either a right wing conservative freak or you are ....................ah just a little L of center. Ok.

To the bold, if vaccinations work and it's a choice the unvaccinated are willing to take, why does it chap your azz so much? I understand your point, but, people have a choice and are willing to roll the dice. Why does it bother the just a bit L of centers that much?
You said you wanted all of the liberals to move away from you and be put on the coasts. Ok. This board is a conservative circle jerk. When I said people should get vaccinated, full stop, several of you were quite triggered.

I'm not upset at all. I have been going into to work, 5 days a week, in a hospital, for the past 2.5 years. No sick days.

I appreciate that people have a choice.

Bro, your "point" up above was, and I quote: "My points previously, which were not well taken, were that nearly 100% of people dying now with Covid are unvaccinated." I'm merely informing you that based on nationwide January and February data your "point" is not accurate.

To be clear, I have no issue with vaccinations that use the tried and true attenuated virus methodology that have a proven track record of actually working and longstanding safety data. There has never been a successful vaccine rolled out against a coronavirus because they mutate too damned quickly. I have never heard of anyone getting polio or rubella or diphtheria or any of that shit they inoculated people against when we were kids. 0 cases. But I know a shitload of people who have gotten COVID despite being vaccinated. It makes no sense, but when half the country believes the Ministry of Truth when it insists that Bruce Jenner is a woman I guess I don't mind swimming against the current.
I stand corrected on the nationwide stats. Thank you.

Would you be willing to address the bolded paragraph that I quoted from the article that you, yourself, provided? Do you agree with that paragraph?

Also, Covid vaccinations are like influenza vaccinations. They are different than polio vaccines. The virus mutates, as it does in influenza. It doesn't mean they are ineffective.

Last edited:
You said you wanted all of the liberals to move away from you and be put on the coasts. Ok. This board is a conservative circle jerk. When I said people should get vaccinated, full stop, several of you were quite triggered.

I'm not upset at all. I have been going into to work, 5 days a week, in a hospital, for the past 2.5 years. No sick days.

I do thank you for your service and work. Has to be stressful.

And yes, I did state what you stated in the first part. I think there are a few on here that state their mind but it always seems there are more on the other side. It always seems like an uphill battle to make a point.

I am conservative when it comes to our economy but I am very liberal about civil issues. I'm a Libertarian I guess. Gay marriage I'm completely fine with it. I can converse with a gay man just as well as with a heterosexual. Abortion, I don't like the idea but it prob needs to be legalized for various reasons. Again, if I had a daughter I'd try to deter her from that but there are reasons. But, I also don't think that needs to be a political agenda item. It is between you and your higher. Public masses are not the higher.

If the government didn't try to drastically overstep their bounds by trying to mandate the vaccine it wouldn't be so triggering. I've been w/ my company for 21 years and when the osha mandate nearly got put into place i was either going to need to get tested on a weekly basis or get vaccinated. Which is complete and utter BS. I lost a ton of sleep just thinking about it. That's why it's triggering to have someone tell me to get vaccinated. By simply changing your statement too, "those who are at risk should get vaccinated" you'd eliminate "triggering" those who the government tried their best to force it upon. If you're not willing to do that then you're simply an educated jackass.

Last edited:
If the government didn't try to drastically overstep their bounds by trying to mandate the vaccine it wouldn't be so triggering. I've been w/ my company for 21 years and when the osha mandate nearly got put into place i was either going to get have to get tested on a weekly basis or get vaccinated. Which is complete and utter BS. I lost a ton of sleep just thinking about it. That's why it's triggering to have someone tell me to get vaccinated. By simply changing your statement too, "those who are at risk should get vaccinated" you'd eliminate "triggering" those who the government tried their best to force it upon. If you're not willing to do that then you're simply an educated jackass.

Wuuut? You don't want to have the government forcibly shove a foreign substance in your body every 3 month!!? A substance that unzips your DNA. How dare you?