mike and mike destroy Bo on air

The Wisconsin administration...

There is no greater slow pitch sports talk radio than Mike and Mike, and Bo Ryan came across worse than he was before on their show...amazing.

Colin Cowherd came on right after and said, to lead off his show: "Bo Ryan came on the radio today and buried himself as a vindictive, lost putz"

can't be very happy with what transpired on the radio. Ryan came off as petty, evasive and a bully. He did himself and the university no favors with how he handled this and answered questions. Ryan is a great coach, and the fact that he's had so few transfers in his time at Wisconsin speaks for itself - it appears that players like playing for him. But apparently Wisconsin is the Hotel California, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

He will have to sit out the year regardless; that's not a Wisconsin provision, but an NCAA transfer policy.

However, as I said last night, the worse this gets for Wisconsin, the better the chance is that they just give him a total and unconditional release so he can go anywhere.

It depends. You can always say "I am transferring to be closer to home because my 3rd cousin twice removed has a hangnail and I can't stand to be away from him" and there is a chance with the NCAA. Tyler Smiff got a waiver at TN and that Prater fella has a good shot at getting one for his USC to Northwestern transfer.

He will have to sit out the year regardless; that's not a Wisconsin provision, but an NCAA transfer policy.

However, as I said last night, the worse this gets for Wisconsin, the better the chance is that they just give him a total and unconditional release so he can go anywhere.

This would be funny, Wisconsin would make Bo look really bad after hearing his comments this morning.

It depends. You can always say "I am transferring to be closer to home because my 3rd cousin twice removed has a hangnail and I can't stand to be away from him" and there is a chance with the NCAA. Tyler Smiff got a waiver at TN and that Prater fella has a good shot at getting one for his USC to Northwestern transfer.

Tyler Smith's dad was dying.

Just listened to the Mike&Mike replay. Wow, Mike&Mike is the tapioca pudding of sports talk, but they absolutely ripped Bo and he came off as a greasy, back peddling, fast-talking, snake oil salesman.
He definitely has a future in politics.

Just listened to the Mike&Mike replay. Wow, Mike&Mike is the tapioca pudding of sports talk, but they absolutely ripped Bo and he came off as a greasy, back peddling, fast-talking, snake oil salesman.
He definitely has a future in politics.

I see you one upped my location.

"The coaches are so proud of the way I've handled this..."

bahahhahah

I'm sure a lot of coaches actually hoped that this would work. If it did they could do the same thing to a kid that decided to transfer, kind of set the precedent for transfers. Bo is just an idiot for saying that, cause no coach would admit they were in favor of this.

ESPN2 has an airing of the best of mike and mike, does anyone know if this would be the best of today's show?

Question for those of you who have no problem with the restrictions… would you have had a problem with ISU putting restrictions on Haluska? It was clear he was probably going to go to Iowa. We play every year.

ISU would have been well within the rules to restrict him. But it wouldn’t have been the right thing to do. That’s the argument here. This is also coming from somebody who doesn’t mind a Big 10 ban. I would have expected a Big 12 ban for Haluska.

I did not realize that basketball and football are the only 2 sports where you have to sit a year when transferring.

Question for those of you who have no problem with the restrictions… would you have had a problem with ISU putting restrictions on Haluska? It was clear he was probably going to go to Iowa. We play every year.

ISU would have been well within the rules to restrict him. But it wouldn’t have been the right thing to do. That’s the argument here. This is also coming from somebody who doesn’t mind a Big 10 ban. I would have expected a Big 12 ban for Haluska.
I don't care either way on Uthoff. I can see the B10 restriction cause that is a conference rule, but not ISU etc. What is the rule for ISU restricting to Iowa? I haven't heard of that one other than they are rivals. I don't know the transfer rules well, so really curious. I had no problem either way.

Latest posts