mike and mike destroy Bo on air

Matt Barker ‏ @BuckeyeBanter

Clearly, the University of Wisconsin offers a degree program in Douchebaggery co-chaired by Bo Ryan and Bret Bielema.

The thing I don't understand about this whole thing is, no matter who you talk to.....coaches, players, broadcasters, etc, they all say what a stand-up guy Bo is and that he's one of the nicest guys in coaching and one of the "good guys". Something must have happened here that we don't know about (tampering before Uthoff's announcement release, Uthoff lied at some point, etc). Or it could be that Bo is just a petty, vindictive, a$$.

some responses -

@darrenrovell: Bo Ryan with one of the worst radio interviews ever. He'll find out in a couple minutes how bad that was.

@Mengus22: #GreatDayToBeABadger

@jwinfieldnrg: Bo Ryan painting himself in a corner. Compelling.

@willbrinson: Yes. This must all be the media's fault. Bwahahaha.

@GoodmanCBS: Hey Bo: The facts are the kid wants to leave -- and there wasn't tampering. So, let the kid go where he wants. How about blanket release.

@RobDauster: Bo Ryan is the ex-boyfriend that refuses to return DVDs and clothes left at his house because he got dumped. No one wants to be that guy.

@RobDauster: Hard to believe Bo Ryan could make himself look worse. Stop talking, Bo.

@JesseGavin1: If you don't think opposing coaches are using this Bo Ryan fiasco against him on the recruiting trail, you are certifiably insane.

@BamaBob: Ryan said on M&M he didn't know transfer rule since he's only had one in ten yrs. #NotBuyingIt

@darrenrovell: Prediction: After realizing the damage to his image and program, Bo Ryan will allow transfer by tomorrow.

@ESPN_Colin: bo ryan is burying himself......live on radio. defensive, small, petty, and lost.

@KegsnEggs: If Bo Ryan's only defense is "I'm not the only one that does this," then he should probably just hang up the phone and smash it.

@michaelgraham: Wisconsin SID is having a panic attack right now.

@TheBigLead: Bo Ryan update post yesterday, ICYMI: Wisconsin Claims to Have “Misplaced” Jarrod Uthoff’s Appeal Letter | The Big Lead gotta figure Wisconsin realizes bad PR, lets the kid go by noon/1 p

Re: mike and mike destroying Bo this morning

There is no greater slow pitch sports talk radio than Mike and Mike, and Bo Ryan came across worse than he was before on their show...amazing.

Colin Cowherd came on right after and said, to lead off his show: "Bo Ryan came on the radio today and buried himself as a vindictive, lost putz"

Cowherd just made a great point. Wisconsin football had their season saved by Wilson coming in and taking over for quarterback.

I too, checked the Wisconsin forums yesterday. There is a small but ridiculous faction that is saying Uthoff is transferring because some school or schools have been tampering with him. Putting a bug in his ear that they would love to have him if he should transfer. Iowa being one of the schools, but also ISU. Most posters there called this ridiculous, but there are a few lunatics in every fanbase.

You never saw that angle because that rarely, if ever, happens.
OTL: Cleaning House - ESPN Video - ESPN

When John Calipari became Kentucky basketball coach this summer, he inherited a roster put together by his predecessor, Billy Gillispie. But Calipari needed roster room for his own recruits, including sensational freshman John Wall, and six of Gillispie’s players say they were encouraged to leave. Since athletic scholarships are renewed on an annual basis, the players had little recourse but to leave if they actually wanted to play, so they left.
» Outside the Lines to focus on Calipari “cleaning house” John Clay's Sidelines

OTL: Cleaning House - ESPN Video - ESPN

When John Calipari became Kentucky basketball coach this summer, he inherited a roster put together by his predecessor, Billy Gillispie. But Calipari needed roster room for his own recruits, including sensational freshman John Wall, and six of Gillispie’s players say they were encouraged to leave. Since athletic scholarships are renewed on an annual basis, the players had little recourse but to leave if they actually wanted to play, so they left.
» Outside the Lines to focus on Calipari “cleaning houseâ€￾ John Clay's Sidelines

Yeah I didn't think of that type of scenario. Makes sense.

I agree that the only option Wisconsin has, unless they want to continue receiveing the negative press, is to grant a complete unrestricted release. The compromise will probably be something along the lines of: Uthoff can transfer to any school he wants, and receive a scholarship, but he still has to sit out the 1 year. This way both sides win something and this story goes away.

He will have to sit out the year regardless; that's not a Wisconsin provision, but an NCAA transfer policy.

However, as I said last night, the worse this gets for Wisconsin, the better the chance is that they just give him a total and unconditional release so he can go anywhere.

You never saw that angle because that rarely, if ever, happens.

Probably happens in SEC football. But it's never happened at Wisconsin. So I agree.

To be honest, I don't want Uthoff at Iowa so I really don't care where he goes. But it's always good to see some negative press for the Grinch.

Latest posts