Middle Linebacker

WinOneThisCentury

I don't think our middle linebacker is going to want to watch this tape tomorrow. He was out of position on the long run by Lynch and there were several other plays he just didn't seem like he was in position, or he appeared to have his head down.

Not trying to bag on him...cause we need him to play well...but I don't think it was a good day for him.

When has he ever had a good game? Dude is a waste of space.

Completely uncalled for! You want to make a specific critique about his play..fine! You want to criticize the coaches that play him...fair game! But our players deserve better than to be called a "waste of space"!

The only thing thats a waste of space is your post!:mad:

Good kid, reasonable athlete, not nearly strong enough in game situations today. I appreciate that he's given everything he has into the program and probably had to start playing before he was really ready. He's going to have to really improve his consistency and overall impact or someone else should be playing or have him be situational.

eljuli.jpg

He had an exceptional freshman year because he had an extremely talented DL. He is a smart kid, good athlete, and hard worker from what people associated with FB program say. Hardly a waste of space.

Just seems to undersized to play middle in BigTen. He either needs to be outside or why not safety?

Not fast enough? No idea.

Too big? Don't know but there have been a lot of safeties in football bigger than him. Just not at Iowa.

Yeah I dont think Morris should be playing the middle. I think he would be better suited for the outside. He regularly gets lost in the jumble on run plays and just does not shed blocks real well.
I would prefer to see him playing on the outside. I thought Hitchens played decent today and I really did not see Kirksey do much.

Just seems to undersized to play middle in BigTen. He either needs to be outside or why not safety?

Not fast enough? No idea.

Too big? Don't know but there have been a lot of safeties in football bigger than him. Just not at Iowa.
He's not undersized; there aren't too many lb's over 240 in the B1G anymore. He just needs to play smarter.

Last edited:
When has he ever had a good game? Dude is a waste of space.

I see you are pretty new to the board, so I'll give you a fair warning, that ripping on players like you did above is a good way to get banned. No need to start caling players who pay thier heart out for the university names. In the future, keep to yourself pleaae.

He had an exceptional freshman year because he had an extremely talented DL. He is a smart kid, good athlete, and hard worker from what people associated with FB program say. Hardly a waste of space.

He played gutsy his freshman year, but had a line in front of him loaded with NFL players and the defense couldn't make stops. What was different from the year before? No Angerer and Edds.

I'll tell you what though. Kirksey is fast, great coverage today, never got beat, that kid is faster than some of our secondary... Idk if that is a good or bad thing lol.

I want so bad for James to be better but IMO he looked like a 40 yr old man playing a "make a wish" game...he looked liked he just kind of went with the tide and never really zeroed in on the ball carrier but a few plays. I saw James give up on a few plays that really disappointed/surprised me. Frustrated watching him......

I want so bad for James to be better but IMO he looked like a 40 yr old man playing a "make a wish" game...he looked liked he just kind of went with the tide and never really zeroed in on the ball carrier but a few plays. I saw James give up on a few plays that really disappointed/surprised me. Frustrated watching him......

my thoughts exactly...he looked lost. He ran right by Lynch a few times like he had closed his eyes or something. It was weird. Your middle linebacker has to be a magnet to the ball...and find it in traffic. His angles were terrible. I was just surprised as I expected him to play as good or better than anyone on the team...he was hurt last year and I understand he's healthy now.

I get what people are saying about putting him outside, but right now, there's no way he beats out Kirsey or Hitchens...IMO.

I want so bad for James to be better but IMO he looked like a 40 yr old man playing a "make a wish=" game...he looked liked he just kind of went with the tide and never really zeroed in on the ball carrier but a few plays. I saw James give up on a few plays that really disappointed/surprised me. Frustrated watching him......
=

wow its not enough to insult Morris. let's insult dying kids as well!

Latest posts