Michael Jordan

I will argue that Lebron has a much better supporting cast with Wade & Bosh than Jordan had for his first 3 championships. In Jordan's second set of 3 titles he had Rodman along with Pippen. Unless any of you can convince me that Cartwright and Grant are better than Bosh.

Umm. BJ was an allstar. ;)

Umm. BJ was an allstar. ;)

Grant was very good too. Wasn't Paxson on those teams?

Pippen was a better player than Wade as well. People look down on Pippen because he was overshadowed by the greatest player ever, but he was very, very good.

Until Lebron shows the fire and desire to win and makes others on his team better, he won't have a better career than mj. He has the talent, but he seriously needs work on the mental side of the game. Again I ask, choose one person in NBA history to take a game winning shot in a championship game, who do you take? MJ every time

I think Bosh is overrated. He can shoot the ball but not much else. He is not an elite rebounder and is not a good defender. Grant couldn't score the ball like Bosh but he played much better defense.

Grant was very good too. Wasn't Paxson on those teams?

Pippen was a better player than Wade as well. People look down on Pippen because he was overshadowed by the greatest player ever, but he was very, very good.

Come on now.

Guys like Grant and Paxon are a dime a dozen in the NBA. the reason we still talk about them is Jordan.

I don't follow the NBA very much these days so can't engage in a discussion on who's the best player in the game right now, but I just find it hilarious when people bag on a player because his TEAM hasn't won an NBA title.

Remember that Michael Jordan didn't win any titles either until he had a better supporting cast - it doesn't mean he wasn't a great player until the NBA Titles started to pile up, does it?

Again, I can't really comment much on who's the best player in the game right now, but judging a player based on their number of championships is flawed logic.

It's like saying that Ernie Banks wasn't arguably the best shortstop in the game during his era just because the Cubs always stunk.

Basketball you have to win rings. One player has a great impact on a basketball team.

To me it boils down to this:

When Jordan was facing Ehlo and Russell at the end of those championship games, you just knew that Jordan was going to deliver.

Last night late in the game, LeBron settled for jumpers that were bricks.

Basketball you have to win rings. One player has a great impact on a basketball team.
You know this guy, right? :) Just having some fun.

robert-horry.jpg

I figured someone would mention BJ, but take the BG glasses off for a second. BJ was a good point guard, not great and made the All Star team because he played well along side Jordan. You look at his numbers with and without Jordan and they are night and day. There is a reason why the Bulls did not protect him in the NBA expansion draft and his days as a starting point guard were over after 1 season with Golden State.

But come on Paxson??? That there is funny!

Horace Grant was a good player but no way Grant is better than Bosh.

While Pippen is better defensively they played different positions and Wade is a much better scorer. But I will take Jordan/Pippen over James/Wade any day.

without a doubt.

Jordan could not win a title with this Heat team with the way Wade is playing right now. I think he would have won it last year though.

Come on now.

Guys like Grant and Paxon are a dime a dozen in the NBA. the reason we still talk about them is Jordan.

Grant was pretty good for the Magic wasn't he? Those Bulls teams were well contructed teams who played to their roles perfectly. Not as good as the 96-98 teams but better than you are making them out to be.

Jordan could not win a title with this Heat team with the way Wade is playing right now. I think he would have won it last year though.

Grant was pretty good for the Magic wasn't he? Those Bulls teams were well contructed teams who played to their roles perfectly. Not as good as the 96-98 teams but better than you are making them out to be.
I know coaching can be overrated at times as well, but how would this Heat team be with someone like Phil Jackson coaching? He was able to take large personalities and fit in the role players and get them to mesh together.

I figured someone would mention BJ, but take the BG glasses off for a second. BJ was a good point guard, not great and made the All Star team because he played well along side Jordan. You look at his numbers with and without Jordan and they are night and day. There is a reason why the Bulls did not protect him in the NBA expansion draft and his days as a starting point guard were over after 1 season with Golden State.

While Pippen is better defensively they played different positions and Wade is a much better scorer. But I will take Jordan/Pippen over James/Wade any day.

1) Grant vs Bosh entirely depends on how good you think Bosh is.

2) Pippen's versatility on defense combined with Jordan made those Bulls teams what they were. The Bulls were still pretty damn good without Jordan.

The only All-Star team he made was while Jordan was retired.

Latest posts