Michael Jordan

MJ took over in close games when the pressure was on. LJ usually disappears. Kobe is the next most comparable to MJ, IMO because he produced and took it up a couple of notches in crunch time.

10 years from now, LJ may have proven he's worthy of being in that discussion, but for now he's all hat and no cattle.

There is so much wrong in this post it is incredible. Lebron can not stay with MJ in scoring. MJ is a FAR superior scorer to Lebron. Defensively Lebron is at minimum MJ's equal. He is the best on-ball defender in the league. He held DRose to 6.3% shooting in the playoff series last year, and he can guard a 4 as well.

I think we will see tomorrow night. Why do you think he is not primarily guarding Durant?

lebron at age 27 > mj at age 27 and it isnt even close.

i have heard no one claim lebron is the best player ever.

i have heard people say hes the best player in the league right now and that he has the tools to be the best ever, both of which are true.

that all said im glad you could pwn those big bad school kids with your wealth of nba knowledge...

I'm a huge LeBron fan, and even I think this is one of the dumbest statements I've seen on here.

thats fine. all i mean by it is if i had to pick two for my team id pick lebron and it wouldnt be a difficult decision.

The GMs from Houston and Portland once passed on Jordan too...and handed the Bulls the beginnings of a dynasty. :)

I think we will see tomorrow night. Why do you think he is not primarily guarding Durant?

I honestly think it's so he can kind of play rover. It would certainly be interesting to watch him guard Durant and it may happen at some point in the series. I would much rather he guard Westbrook personally. Last night he pretty much played almost a zone off of the 2 and just worked a ton of helpside. They ran almost a hybrid 3 zone trapping 2 man defense in the first half last night that was very effective. They got away from it in the 2nd. I haven't been very impressed with Spoelstra in this playoffs.

If I'm Spoelstra I'm telling Bron to get that head of steam drive he's been effective with and do it every time down the floor. Draw the foul. Draw triple teams and kick, whatever happens it will be a positive for Miami. It's very difficult to stop a 6'9 275 dude who is one of the fastest players in the NBA.

If I was going to start a team and could pick anyone from the present or past NBA to build the team around, I would go with Kareem.

If I'm Spoelstra I'm telling Bron to get that head of steam drive he's been effective with and do it every time down the floor. Draw the foul. Draw triple teams and kick, whatever happens it will be a positive for Miami. It's very difficult to stop a 6'9 275 dude who is one of the fastest players in the NBA.

Couldn't agree more. I've thought for some time that Miami tries too hard to play a finesse game. Last year, I get it...you've got a lot of shiny new toys and you want to see what they can do. You experiment a lot.

But it's clear by now that Miami needs to run first, iso for Lebron second, iso for Wade third, and everyone else gets the scraps that come as reward for hustle. It isnt' sexy. It isn't fancy. And it doesn't take a coaching genius to run that offense. But if they do it they win. Simple and effective.

I find it funny that so many people think Labron is so good. Shaq gave Wade a title but Labron can't.

I don't follow the NBA very much these days so can't engage in a discussion on who's the best player in the game right now, but I just find it hilarious when people bag on a player because his TEAM hasn't won an NBA title.

Remember that Michael Jordan didn't win any titles either until he had a better supporting cast - it doesn't mean he wasn't a great player until the NBA Titles started to pile up, does it?

Again, I can't really comment much on who's the best player in the game right now, but judging a player based on their number of championships is flawed logic.

It's like saying that Ernie Banks wasn't arguably the best shortstop in the game during his era just because the Cubs always stunk.

I don't follow the NBA very much these days so can't engage in a discussion on who's the best player in the game right now, but I just find it hilarious when people bag on a player because his TEAM hasn't won an NBA title.

Remember that Michael Jordan didn't win any titles either until he had a better supporting cast - it doesn't mean he wasn't a great player until the NBA Titles started to pile up, does it?

Again, I can't really comment much on who's the best player in the game right now, but judging a player based on their number of championships is flawed logic.

It's like saying that Ernie Banks wasn't arguably the best shortstop in the game during his era just because the Cubs always stunk.

la ron is getting so much flak because of his mouth. how many championships did HE say he was going to win on the heat? 8?

Couldn't agree more. I've thought for some time that Miami tries too hard to play a finesse game. Last year, I get it...you've got a lot of shiny new toys and you want to see what they can do. You experiment a lot.

But it's clear by now that Miami needs to run first, iso for Lebron second, iso for Wade third, and everyone else gets the scraps that come as reward for hustle. It isnt' sexy. It isn't fancy. And it doesn't take a coaching genius to run that offense. But if they do it they win. Simple and effective.

Then just sag off Lebron and Wade, let them shoot 3's, and watch them struggle.

Then just sag off Lebron and Wade, let them shoot 3's, and watch them struggle.

Sagging off of Lebron would be a very big mistake. That would either allow him to get momentum that much easier en route to the rack, or get the ball deeper and post up.

Sagging off of Lebron would be a very big mistake. That would either allow him to get momentum that much easier en route to the rack, or get the ball deeper and post up.

Unless he becomes content with the jump shot, which has happened before.

He was way off last night. I think the first semi-long jumper he made was so far off that he banked it in unintentionally.

I will argue that Lebron has a much better supporting cast with Wade & Bosh than Jordan had for his first 3 championships. In Jordan's second set of 3 titles he had Rodman along with Pippen. Unless any of you can convince me that Cartwright and Grant are better than Bosh.

Latest posts